Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Powers of X #6 *spoilers*

Didn’t see a thread yet and just finished reading the digital release. I’ll leave exact spoilers to others.

Have to say I think it’s a strong finish. Moira’s character continues to get some development. Some of her own blind spot contradictions gave me a chuckle. The irony of her sequestering herself in no-space after the X3 reveal. Who is the librarian AND exhibit now, Moira? Her journal entries are every bit obsessed and hell bent on manipulating others as those who seek writes about. We get a hint of her ruthlessness through an entry which hints how Proteus came about. I saw potential in this issue for her character to take a very dark turn. For example, the chat about precogs: she brings truth and no mutant may question it. That seems questionable given what we know: her experience is what it is, but (as she sets out to prove) reality is mutable. Perhaps she is too war torn to be willing to accept another woman (Destiny) might be able to guide mutants to another future.

An interesting ground rule gets clarified. With Moira’s passing, all reality goes away. Wonder what that means for her natural aging and inevitable death.

The librarian clearly is growing Krakoan flowers. But which one is the one he was holding?

The observations on Apocalypse inspired a chuckle. He’s basically a big baby/toddler finding his way in the world.

I can imagine much will be said about the nihilism in this issue. But let’s face it kids, none of us are special. Not even mutants. We all lose (die) in the end. Might as well make the best of our time here. Maybe that means making sure some sort of shared endeavor, that’s worthy of surviving, survives beyond our time for future generations.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 10-09-2019 at 05:50 AM.

BANNED

Humons 9: 0 Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Humons 9: 0 Mutants.
    Technically, “Post-Humans: 9, Mutants: 0”

I dont like that things were left up in the air. Which probably werent vital but everything that was blacked out should have just been revealed.

Actually let me rephrase that. I didnt like that they still had to black out information.

It had a solid ending IMO.

But I found myself getting to the last page and thinking "oh that's it"

That might be a good sign though because it meant I wanted more of the story.

Yeah I get it might come later or wasnt important to the story but still.

It's also weird that they would allow the no pre cog mutants to exist on Krakoa rule.

Guess no Blindfold resurrection.

Also someone correct me if im wrong. But was it hinted that genetically modified humans were the cause of mutants always dying out? If so why didnt they show us that time line.

The only one we got was the Nimrod.

ok wait whoa. Are genetically modified humans going to be the antagonists now? I am intrigued.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-09-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Probably my least favorite issue. Kind of an underwhelming end for such a perfect event.

Yeah. It was good but underwhelming.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-09-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Was Jean in there? Even a little cameo?

Mighty Member

Is Hickman the first writer to point out the idiocy of "next step in human evolution" as if humanity hasn't made that a solved problem for decades now?

Also pretty dirty of Moira to be all "Precogs can go and stay gone." Mystique definitely ain't gonna be on this Krakoa run for long.

edit; AND I CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN THAT POWERS OF X JUST DRAGGED HOUSE OF X DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Was Jean in there? Even a little cameo?
    No. It's all Moira, Xavier and Magneto and the conclusion of the 6th life (the ascension stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont like that things were left up in the air. Which probably werent vital but everything that was blacked out should have just been revealed.

Actually let me rephrase that. I didnt like that they still had to black out information.
    Agreed. As the last issue of the event, there should not have been any redacted information.

Also, was it really necessary to repeat the first few pages from POX #1?

Overall, this issue was just a big ole' "meh".

Looking forward to Dawn of X!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    No. It's all Moira, Xavier and Magneto and the conclusion of the 6th life (the ascension stuff)
    Okay, thank you

I just don't understand the mindset of a lot of humans in the MU. Mutants are the natural next step in evolution that's all, yet there is all this talk of extinction. You aren't going extinct, you're changing and adapting. Something that you are gonna do no matter what whether it's Mutants or "Post Humans".

It's just so stupid. Now I know the whole "Bigotry is meant to be stupid blah blah blah" thing. But this in particular is just sooo stupid.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

THey did reuse a lot of pages from the other issues. But were those added as the extras? I need to go count the pages again.

Oh @Luckystar: So this is the 6th timeline?

I also did notice the flowers the Librarian was growing. Does that mean his expermient was being run on a Krakoan habitat?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Didn’t see a thread yet and just finished reading the digital release. I’ll leave exact spoilers to others.

Have to say I think it’s a strong finish. Moira’s character continues to get some development. Some of her own blind spot contradictions gave me a chuckle. The irony of her sequestering herself in no-space after the X3 reveal. Who is the librarian AND exhibit now, Moira? Her journal entries are every bit obsessed and hell bent on manipulating others as those who seek writes about. We get a hint of her ruthlessness through an entry which hints how Proteus came about. I saw potential in this issue for her character to take a very dark turn. For example, the chat about precogs: she brings truth and no mutant may question it. That seems questionable given what we know: her experience is what it is, but (as she sets out to prove) reality is mutable. Perhaps she is too war torn to be willing to accept another woman (Destiny) might be able to guide mutants to another future.

An interesting ground rule gets clarified. With Moira’s passing, all reality goes away. Wonder what that means for her natural aging and inevitable death.

The librarian clearly is growing Krakoan flowers. But which one is the one he was holding?

The observations on Apocalypse inspired a chuckle. He’s basically a big baby/toddler finding his way in the world.

I can imagine much will be said about the nihilism in this issue. But let’s face it kids, none of us are special. Not even mutants. We all lose (die) in the end. Might as well make the best of our time here. Maybe that means making sure some sort of shared endeavor, that’s worthy of surviving, survives beyond our time for future generations.
    I'm stanning for my mutants even hard now. I mean got damn. That's all i got. Now i am so ready for this era, i am so damn ready. i NEED at least one in the column even if Moira resets all reality meaning all her lives are 616 (just a little petty. lol)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Also, was it really necessary to repeat the first few pages from POX #1?
    Seemed necessary to me. There was so much jumping around between eras and events and reveals. The repeat recontextualized the first scene.