Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Attachment 88074

Pretty creepy Moira, pretty creepy.

Scene: Gabrielle Haller wakes in the middle of the night, finding Moira creeping in the shadows.
    Gabrielle: “Who are you? What’s with the turkey baster?!”
    Moira: “Hold still.”
    I really love this post, I laughed and spit up my coffee!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sinister is the first!!!! You know he’s a summers speculating

Oh and one more thing before i give my full thoughts later.

I don't like the reuse of so many pages. The reason i don't like them is because i very badly want this thing in hardcover at some point already in proper reading order and i feel they will either take the pages out which means less pages but would read better or they will leave them in and it will feel repetitive in the story for me and knock me out of it.

Though i would be all for it if they take out the repetitive pages and replace them with unseen data sheets at the end.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Entry 35: last line says spoilers:
    "I am just as bad as th"
    end of spoilers

I think we're going to see really soon what was written here.
    This idea that Moira tried to break Xavier without completely destroying him is explosive, to say the least.

How good were the journal pages? I like that he fit all of this big Moira retcon into the X-Men story like that.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Which brings up the question, why was Moira still alive 1,000 years in the future in Life 6? Genetic manipulation? At any rate, I loved the Librarian's motivation for setting in motion the next reset. I had wondered if everyone was truly cool with being absorbed into the Phalanx intelligence and losing their individuality.
    The Librarian said something like that they wanted to keep the last of the mutants alive for observation. I'm sure they have ways so that they didn't all die off or kill each other in protest.

Overall good issue and an appropriate way to end it. I'm just glad the first "Dawn" book comes out next week and we don't have to wait a whole month to have some continuation. Had they not made this issue "red" I think I would have enjoyed it more, but we definitely see some seeds planted for where this is all going. Apocalypse is trouble, Sinister is trouble, Mystique is trouble, Moira is trouble... and Destiny... hmmmm

My biggest wonder though is that what about a super human with precog abilities? I'm trying to think of who could be a threat to Moira's plan that isn't a mutant?

Amazing Member

This was overall a disappointment after such a great start. The mystery of Life 6 ends up being just a trick. There is no reason to have not disclosed this life other than to save this reveal for the last issue and say "AH HA!...see what I did there?"

My earlier prediction that the real twist would end up being there is no twist is largely confirmed. Hickman still playing games with the X-helmet and the redactions but I would not be surprise if at the end Prof X takes off his helmet and reveals he didn't take it off because of bad acne.

The level of massive retconning that Hickman wants us to swallow is overwhelming. (So X was in on Dreams End? Come on!). Still holding out hope that the Dawn of X will try to sort out this mess at some point but to be honest, maybe Hickman is not for me. I preferred Millar's FF to his, got bored with Avengers, thought Secret Wars was a hot mess. His cold clinical plots and dialog bring down the "BIG IDEAS" that perhaps under a different pen would appeal to me more. I quit comics after SW for some time and came back to X-men only to try to enjoy this so far it hasn't been worth it.

I'll check out a few issues of Dawn and if its not working I'll only keep tabs on in through Marvel Unlimited until the next creative direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and one more thing before i give my full thoughts later.

I don't like the reuse of so many pages. The reason i don't like them is because i very badly want this thing in hardcover at some point already in proper reading order and i feel they will either take the pages out which means less pages but would read better or they will leave them in and it will feel repetitive in the story for me and knock me out of it.

Though i would be all for it if they take out the repetitive pages and replace them with unseen data sheets at the end.
    Pretty sure the HC will feature everything in its original reading order.

Repetition with variation is a common literary technique and I love how it was used here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But that doesn't really mean she's strong. It just makes me wonder how you would even deal with her. Plus, she's implied to only have so much time left and she's running out of reincarnations.
    The "logical" but cold decision would be to do something so that she could not die in any way, even if she suffered any damage. As Cameron Hodge

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But that doesn't really mean she's strong. It just makes me wonder how you would even deal with her. Plus, she's implied to only have so much time left and she's running out of reincarnations.
    Well she resets an entire reality, including cosmic entities and such. That's high level reality manipulation. Plus she must have an enhanced brain since all that knowledge would let a baseline brain to dementia and such.

I wonder what happens when she runs out of lives. She just dies and everything else goes on or is there something more to it? 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Nice catch!

I noticed something interesting when reading over the data on the following pages...

Each Dawn of X title gets it's own "upcoming" page with data right above the "next" in Krakoan which seems to indicate 1 of 6.

Could all of the Dawn of X titles be stealth mini's or am I missing something obvious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I think you're right. I'd say it's the number of books coming, but the numbers are the same.
    Well, it's been announced that they are the first wave of books and also that there will be a second wave... implying the first wave ends... so they are (kind of) miniseries?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The "logical" but cold decision would be to do something so that she could not die in any way, even if she suffered any damage. As Cameron Hodge
    I'd honestly depower her at this point or if stuff starts going well. But I guess it's nice to know you have a reset button somewhere (if it works this time).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well she resets an entire reality, including cosmic entities and such. That's high level reality manipulation. Plus she must have an enhanced brain since all that knowledge would let a baseline brain to dementia and such.

I wonder what happens when she runs out of lives. She just dies and everything else goes on or is there something more to it? ��
    I guess I wonder if this isn't some sort of lie or something?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Not feeling this issue. By far the weakest.
    Definitely wasn't the weakest it was just an epilogue. HoX ended on a high note this is just the continuation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd honestly depower her at this point or if stuff starts going well. But I guess it's nice to know you have a reset button somewhere (if it works this time).
    Forge has been known to do that kind of thing...