Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Are we supposed to assume that the whole Onslaught event happened in this timeline?

I have trouble figuring out WHEN X/Mags/Moira started their team-up and based off the pre-existing events that must have come after it....

I think it was a fitting end to his story, and what an amazing ride it was. Lets hope the spirit of collaboration is alive and well with all the new books.

Mighty Member

Half of this book was just page rehashes and previews in Krakoan.

Add that they still failed to make me care about the failed futures and there's a total of 9 pages I give a damn about in this book.

And i just want to give props to however that person was that was from like day one that knew those were not humans in that habitat. I know i was one of the ones who went out my way to be like they were so props to you. I don't remember who you were but you were day one spot on with that observation. Kudos. All i got was the 6th life right. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    Are we supposed to assume that the whole Onslaught event happened in this timeline?
    I read Moira’s journal entry as the reason why Xavier has wiped and reset his mind at least 2x. She’s broken him and he’s not well. Very troubling. I want to read more about that story.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Didn’t see a thread yet and just finished reading the digital release. I’ll leave exact spoilers to others.

Have to say I think it’s a strong finish. Moira’s character continues to get some development. Some of her own blind spot contradictions gave me a chuckle. The irony of her sequestering herself in no-space after the X3 reveal. Who is the librarian AND exhibit now, Moira? Her journal entries are every bit obsessed and hell bent on manipulating others as those who seek writes about. We get a hint of her ruthlessness through an entry which hints how Proteus came about. I saw potential in this issue for her character to take a very dark turn. For example, the chat about precogs: she brings truth and no mutant may question it. That seems questionable given what we know: her experience is what it is, but (as she sets out to prove) reality is mutable. Perhaps she is too war torn to be willing to accept another woman (Destiny) might be able to guide mutants to another future.

An interesting ground rule gets clarified. With Moira’s passing, all reality goes away. Wonder what that means for her natural aging and inevitable death.

The librarian clearly is growing Krakoan flowers. But which one is the one he was holding?

The observations on Apocalypse inspired a chuckle. He’s basically a big baby/toddler finding his way in the world.

I can imagine much will be said about the nihilism in this issue. But let’s face it kids, none of us are special. Not even mutants. We all lose (die) in the end. Might as well make the best of our time here. Maybe that means making sure some sort of shared endeavor, that’s worthy of surviving, survives beyond our time for future generations.
    Wait what?? How did I miss the Protues mention.

Also did we just get Wolverines name retconned?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I thought it was fine. Still felt like filler and the "big reveal" is something we've been talking about for weeks - Mutants always lose. We knew that already.

And the fact that the villain delivered his 11th hour monologue was cheesier that I expected from Hickman.

The preliminaries are over. The landscape is set. Time to get back to X-Men. Bring on Dawn of X!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just don't understand the mindset of a lot of humans in the MU. Mutants are the natural next step in evolution that's all, yet there is all this talk of extinction. You aren't going extinct, you're changing and adapting. Something that you are gonna do no matter what whether it's Mutants or "Post Humans".

It's just so stupid. Now I know the whole "Bigotry is meant to be stupid blah blah blah" thing. But this in particular is just sooo stupid.
    Yeah, the whole thing seemed like, "Ha, we avoided you replacing us ... by replacing ourselves with something we engineered to be exactly like you."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i just want to give props to however that person was that was from like day one that knew those were not humans in that habitat. I know i was one of the ones who went out my way to be like they were so props to you. I don't remember who you were but you were day one spot on with that observation. Kudos. All i got was the 6th life right. lol
    I was one of the people who thought the male was Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just don't understand the mindset of a lot of humans in the MU. Mutants are the natural next step in evolution that's all, yet there is all this talk of extinction. You aren't going extinct, you're changing and adapting. Something that you are gonna do no matter what whether it's Mutants or "Post Humans".

It's just so stupid. Now I know the whole "Bigotry is meant to be stupid blah blah blah" thing. But this in particular is just sooo stupid.
    Yes, her sixth life was X³. The most boring one and I couldn't bring myself to care about it. lmao

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Is Hickman the first writer to point out the idiocy of "next step in human evolution" as if humanity hasn't made that a solved problem for decades now?

Also pretty dirty of Moira to be all "Precogs can go and stay gone." Mystique definitely ain't gonna be on this Krakoa run for long.

edit; AND I CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN THAT POWERS OF X JUST DRAGGED HOUSE OF X DOWN
    There's got to be a personal component there, too. Mystique and Destiny not only threatened and killed her but also made it as painful as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I was one of the people who thought the male was Wolverine.
    Yes it was you. i remember the name now. Congrats dude, you were spot on with that habitat. wow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Questions/Comments:
    1. So Moira has to remain hidden & no one knows she’s on Krokoa?
    2. If she dies, this all resets.
    3. You know damn well, Mystique is gonna push the issue of Destiny being resurrected.
    4. And what happen when a precog is brought to Krokoa or wants to live there?

Great set up for “Dawn Of X!!”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    There's got to be a personal component there, too. Mystique and Destiny not only threatened and killed her but also made it as painful as possible.
    Mystique gonna murder Moira so hard, Rahne is gonna feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wait what?? How did I miss the Protues mention.
    7517D01E-2BE5-4996-A149-6286CAFFD8F4.jpg

Pretty creepy Moira, pretty creepy.

Scene: Gabrielle Haller wakes in the middle of the night, finding Moira creeping in the shadows.
    Gabrielle: “Who are you? What’s with the turkey baster?!”
    Moira: “Hold still.”
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 10-09-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Wonder if Moira will ever be cured of her mutation. If not, then her death will reset whatever she, Xavier and Magneto accomplished, even if they succeed and she dies of old age.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Seemed necessary to me. There was so much jumping around between eras and events and reveals. The repeat recontextualized the first scene.
    I guess my cheapskate version is, was it necessary to repeat so many pages AND make us pay for it?