Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Because she knows from Destiny she only has a milited number of lives and she knows from all her lives mutantkind is doomed without her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I meant “why is Moira so concerned about being killed and having the universe reset, when that’s an inevitability based on her dying of old age?”
    It's a question of timing. If Destiny is to be believed, this is Moira's last ride. She can't risk it ending before her pieces are in place, because she doesn't get another chance at the game unless she makes some nebulous "right" choice she can't prepare for.

It's a problem unique to this particular, probably final lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I meant “why is Moira so concerned about being killed and having the universe reset, when that’s an inevitability based on her dying of old age?”
    They might find a way to work around that. Wolverine's or Angel's blood transfusions, Apocalypse Seed to make her "ascend", healing through mutants like Triage and Elixir etc. I guess they'd have to find a way to deal with her sooner or later though, because they don't even know what happens when she dies and she has run out of lives.

BANNED

I like how you could infer there's a sentient force behind mutants existence that saw they were about to get irreparably screwed and was like hold my beer let me create the ultimate mutant that can save them. Maybe she's another daughter of the Phoenix.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They might find a way to work around that. Wolverine's or Angel's blood transfusions, Apocalypse Seed to make her "ascend", healing through mutants like Triage and Elixir etc. I guess they'd have to find a way to deal with her sooner or later though, because they don't even know what happens when she dies and she has run out of lives.

Actually that’s an interesting problem I never considered. If Moira dies prior to the mutant power kicking in, does the world just end?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    They are doing that. They rallied all mutants under one banner, they have figured out a way to resurrect mutants (and created a safe haven on Krakoa) and they have managed to digitize and backed up most of mutantking. In essence they are playing the same game as the post-humans in that they are using technology to advance themselves further.
    I agree, but, they've only just started. They still have a ways to go, and things to do.
    And...
    I'm sure there will be numerous attempts at derailment of the ultimate goals...either from outside factions like Orchis or from within with Sinister and Mystique. (They're really making a bad decision by not resurrecting Destiny, but that just adds fuel to the inevitable fire coming...can't wait!)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree, but, they've only just started. They still have a ways to go, and things to do.
    And...
    I'm sure there will be numerous attempts at derailment of the ultimate goals...either from outside factions like Orchis or from within with Sinister and Mystique. (They're really making a bad decision by not resurrecting Destiny, but that just adds fuel to the inevitable fire coming...can't wait!)
    That's not just a bad decision lol, that sounds pretty dumb. They know Raven and they know how she gets when she doesn't get her way, I wonder why they decided to make that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That's not just a bad decision lol, that sounds pretty dumb. They know Raven and they know how she gets when she doesn't get her way, I wonder why they decided to make that promise.
    Because Moira is really scared of Destiny.

Not without good reason...but still...you would think that having worked and lived all those lives towards the same goal (the preservation of ALL mutant life) Moira has done what Destiny tasked her with so she shouldn't have anything to fear from her.
    We'll see.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

She's not afraid because Destiny threatened her, she don't want any precog finding out mutants eventually get wiped out by self evolved humans. It's not spelled out but hinted at she also fears herself discovering that all her current efforts will lead to another failure.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She's not afraid because Destiny threatened her, she don't want any precog finding out mutants eventually get wiped out by self evolved humans. It's not spelled out but hinted at she also fears herself discovering that all her current efforts will lead to another failure.
    I know that's the 'real' reason. But I still think Destiny factors in a major way, somehow.
    Thing is...even with the Krakoa Society and everything they are doing now...their ultimate survival is still not guaranteed one way or the other.
    Besides...
    Getting wiped out by Homo Novissima as real as it is, is still a far distant threat...that most (if what we saw in the Reserve is accurate) will not live to see...even with the R-5 on hand.
    It would be more prudent to go by the dictum: To be forewarned is to be forearmed, I'm thinking. So the whole "let's keep it all a secret, especially from the other Council members, doesn't sound sensible at all.

Are the timelines from Moira's previous lifes still exists, but now inside the Never Queen rather than inside Eternity!?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know that's the 'real' reason. But I still think Destiny factors in a major way, somehow.
    Thing is...even with the Krakoa Society and everything they are doing now...their ultimate survival is still not guaranteed one way or the other.
    Besides...
    Getting wiped out by Homo Novissima as real as it is, is still a far distant threat...that most (if what we saw in the Reserve is accurate) will not live to see...even with the R-5 on hand.
    It would be more prudent to go by the dictum: To be forewarned is to be forearmed, I'm thinking. So the whole "let's keep it all a secret, especially from the other Council members, doesn't sound sensible at all.
    It's interesting because it makes me think of Blindfold now who saw there was no getting around dying a horrible death. I wonder if she saw that there currently is no happy ending for mutants as a whole.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's interesting because it makes me think of Blindfold now who saw there was no getting around dying a horrible death. I wonder if she saw that there currently is no happy ending for mutants as a whole.
    That's a definite possibility.

And so with House of X and Powers Of X over, The X-Men now have a far more interesting status quo than ever before. Really enjoying reading both of these series as well as reviewing them. While I do think the ending was pretty decent, I think when taken together with both books, it's fantastic. And as I say in my review, I think a lot us expected what the truth behind "X-Men. Year One Thousand" really was...but not everything. Certainly didn't expect that twist about the Librarian, or who the man and the woman in the habitat from Powers of X #1 turned out to be.

Stillanerd Reads: Powers of X #6
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    And so with House of X and Powers Of X over, The X-Men now have a far more interesting status quo than ever before. Really enjoying reading both of these series as well as reviewing them. While I do think the ending was pretty decent, I think when taken together with both books, it's fantastic. And as I say in my review, I think a lot us expected what the truth behind "X-Men. Year One Thousand" really was...but not everything. Certainly didn't expect that twist about the Librarian, or who the man and the woman in the habitat from Powers of X #1 turned out to be.

Stillanerd Reads: Powers of X #6
    While I'm not a fan of this cold and cynical smugness vibe I'm getting from the X-Men, even with the knowledge of the atrocities that had happened previously, that's about the most negative I have to say regarding this, because overall, I definitely agree that the X-Men now have a far more interesting status quo than ever before, and I look forward to where it goes.