Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

A few additional thoughts.

Moira does not think much of the x-men, in the respect that she thinks if they know they always lose they will be demoralised. But the sad truth of it is the x-men mainly lose but they still keep going. It's different for them than her, no matter what she tells them they are still only ever living one life unlike hers so i thought the they don't need to know cause they were break was really weak.

I also think this issue shows the choice destiny was referring to and Moira made the right choice by deciding to not let humanity ascend, which in essence would have been the death nail for the human race. The observer even noted he wasn't sure she could die during the ascenscion but if she did he wasn't sure she would reincarnate. So life 11 will only happen if they decide to change the status quo again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I hope it goes like this.

Mystique: "Where's Irene?"
    Charles: "What? We resurrected her days ago."
    Mystique: "Where is she?"
    Magneto: "Oh, I just saw her out by the lagoon. I think she was looking for you."

They get a teleporter to wear that big head mask so Mystique just keeps missing her. Eventually, she can "die" again and go to the back of the list.
    paHahaha I literally snorted milk out my nose at this!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If humans are going to take control of their own evolution in a transhumanist sense to better compete with mutants, does that mean all those nonmutant superheroes who got their powers from being genetically modified, enhanced, or augmented in some way will end up being the vanguard or spear-tip of humanity's defense against being "overrun" by mutantkind? Not just in terms of physically defending humans from "mutant aggression or invasion," but more in terms of having their DNA harnessed by human scientists for mass-produced genetic enhancements and biological augmentations? If that's the case, then I'm thinking we could end up seeing a return of Extremis from the Iron Man comics, or June Covington getting a pardon for her crimes only as long as she shares the secrets of her "genetic plugins" with human governments to give them more of an edge against mutants, or even more attempts to remake the Super-Soldier Serum that gave the Marvel Universe Captain America.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Oh my god, they're gonna bring back Destiny, and Destiny is going to screw everything up, because Destiny is a cocky anarchist burn-out know it all.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If humans are going to take control of their own evolution in a transhumanist sense to better compete with mutants, does that mean all those nonmutant superheroes who got their powers from being genetically modified, enhanced, or augmented in some way will end up being the vanguard or spear-tip of humanity's defense against being "overrun" by mutantkind? Not just in terms of physically defending humans from "mutant aggression or invasion," but more in terms of having their DNA harnessed by human scientists for mass-produced genetic enhancements and biological augmentations? If that's the case, then I'm thinking we could end up seeing a return of Extremis from the Iron Man comics, or June Covington getting a pardon for her crimes only as long as she shares the secrets of her "genetic plugins" with human governments to give them more of an edge against mutants, or even more attempts to remake the Super-Soldier Serum that gave the Marvel Universe Captain America.
    I'd say no. The reign of Nimrod lasted decades, while the post-humans were being prepared. Going by DOFP, the sentinels had already exterminated most of the human heroes by then. Besides, readers of those books are not going to let their favorite characters get co-opted in a conspiracy for the sake of "mutant stuff." Readers who hate X-Men, REALLY hate X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'd say no. The reign of Nimrod lasted decades, while the post-humans were being prepared. Going by DOFP, the sentinels had already exterminated most of the human heroes by then. Besides, readers of those books are not going to let their favorite characters get co-opted in a conspiracy for the sake of "mutant stuff." Readers who hate X-Men, REALLY hate X-Men.
    The best part of this all, if the rest of the humans in the marvel universe don't jump on the bandwagon they will be leading to their very own destruction. Proto humans want to destroy the every essence of humanity and it's humanity's own doing in a bid to not be environmentally friendly in a way. Right now the mutants can't coexist with humanity in the traditinal sense because they are their last line of defense against themselves.

it also makes sense about the drugs too. Drugs to live longer and have no mental diseases may dissaude cybertic enhancements for extending life for a bit. Mutants are now the ones trying to buy time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Mutants are effectively obsolete in a world where technologies can overcome genetic predispositions and transcend them.
    Progress is what end mutants apparently.
    That's why Moira feels like their fate cannot be changed maybe: progress cannot be stopped. Ever. It can be delayed, it can be hampered, but stagnation won't happen. And she knows it. The technologies necessary to kickstart what is basically transhumanism are already in play in 616, even if at an early stage for some of them. Proto Novissimas already exist as we speak: all the other superhumans, genetically-engineered supersoldiers and cyborgs... they are the embryos of what is to come.
    What can mutants do about them? Killing Captain America, Spider-Man, Sue Richards and the likes isn't exactly an option. And the technological bottle cannot be controlled in a world full of genius like Stark or Reed. There's an inevitability to the Novissimas appearing somewhere down the line.
    The Kree created the Inhumans with a similar yet more cynical mindset than Mankind and their New Humans/ Homo Novissima.
    So what now? This has become a loop. As pointed out in previous weeks, the current stance of Mutantkind toward the rest of Humanity WILL lead to a racial war down the line. Xavier espoused to the core Magneto' supremacist stance ("whatever the cost", "'til we die" ...), they are working with that potential conflict on the horizon in mind.
    They won't back off, despite their very actions possibly stirring up the flames of conflict. At the very least, that issue has put to rest the charade that Xavier is still into coexistence - he's not. If anything, he sank to a new low, with that no-precog tolerated on Krakoa policy. It is shocking, again, to see Xavier of all people agreeing to that kind of thing, like, what are they gonna do of the precogs that will inevitably be born at some point down the line? Deport them? Exile them the way they "exiled" Sabertooth last issue? What's the plan here, feed them to Emplate? And yet,those are the same people that consider themselves "superior" to the rest of Humanity? Give me a break.
    Krakoa is a facade, a charade to the gullible eyes and the unsuspecting. That nation is being led on a dark paths
    , like many others, by deluded egotists. THAT is the truth.
    It took a really long time to Moira understand that natural order can be trumped by artificial means.

mutants were also too sure that they were the next step

So I was thinking....Destiny would be aware that she is going to die on Muir Island and have some kind of plan in place?

What if Sabretooth is that plan.

Him killing those humans during the information raid might have been intentional knowing that Krakoa council would get him released back into their custody. And if he acts unrepentant they'll exile him to the depths of Krakoa. Where he will be able to use his regeneration and resilience to resist being put in a living coma by Krakoa. He can free himself and use his heightened senses to track down Moira who is also in the bowls of Krakoa. Once he's found Moira he can capture her and Mystique will give them a choice: Bring back Destiny with the resurrection protocol (which Moira will protest will be the end of Krakoa civilization since Destiny will try to spill the beans about how she was manipulating everything) or Sabretooth will kill Moira and everything they've built gets erased.
    Last edited by JamJams; 10-09-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Cap and them i don't think would be the same. They were all introudced to either a phenomon or drug that altered their dna but for all intents and purposes they are still humans. Post humans are more like Chimeras between man and tech.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh my god, they're gonna bring back Destiny, and Destiny is going to screw everything up, because Destiny is a cocky anarchist burn-out know it all.
    I know right, isn't it thrilling. She's gonna be legit Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I know right, isn't it thrilling. She's gonna be legit Destiny.
    Oh Destiny is definitely coming back. That possible 11 was a threat to Moira for when she comes back in life 10. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just don't understand the mindset of a lot of humans in the MU. Mutants are the natural next step in evolution that's all, yet there is all this talk of extinction. You aren't going extinct, you're changing and adapting. Something that you are gonna do no matter what whether it's Mutants or "Post Humans".

It's just so stupid. Now I know the whole "Bigotry is meant to be stupid blah blah blah" thing. But this in particular is just sooo stupid.
    Honestly, I always had issues with the concept of mutants out-and-out replacing humans, because it always felt so low key hostile. I like how the observer explained that it was just natural evolution and that mutants are just humans that've adapted perfectly to their environment. Way better phrasing. Logan and Moira weren't down with it, but that's their problem.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So I was thinking....Destiny would be aware that she is going to die on Muir Island and have some kind of plan in place?

What if Sabretooth is that plan.

Him killing those humans during the information raid might have been intentional knowing that Krakoa council would get him released back into their custody. And if he acts unrepentant they'll exile him to the depths of Krakoa. Where he will be able to use his regeneration and resilience to resist being put in a living coma by Krakoa. He can free himself and use his heightened senses to track down Moira who is also in the bowls of Krakoa. Once he's found Moira he can capture her and Mystique will give them a choice: Bring back Destiny with the resurrection protocol (which Moira will protest will be the end of Krakoa civilization since Destiny will try to spill the beans about how she was manipulating everything) or Sabretooth will kill Moira and everything they've built gets erased.
    Problem is Mystique voted for Creed to get this punishment, so he has no incentive to help her, unless Mystique herself releases him, and even then it's by no means certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Problem is Mystique voted for Creed to get this punishment, so he has no incentive to help her, unless Mystique herself releases him, and even then it's by no means certain.
    She would vote for him to get punished because that puts him where he needs to be: closer to the Krakoa No Space and Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    While being an oppressed/downtrodden minority is a very important part of the X-Men family of books, it has seemed for quite a while that 99% of X-Men stories are primarily about it. I don't think it should be forgotten or ignored for a story, but I do think we need more stories in which we focus on the fact that the are, first and foremost, heroes. Not just heroes but HEROES. Highly powered, highly competent, highly experienced heroes. I'd like to see roughly 1 out of every 4 or 5 story arcs focus on their heroism over yet another extinction or angst fest. If nothing else, such stories would serve as a palate cleanser between such story arcs.
    When I look at the period which established X-Men popularity, the ratio seems flipped. More stories about being heroes w/flourishes about being oppressed. They were always on the run, discovering stuff about the world around them and bumping into the next challenge. There were occasional references to oppression and few dedicated storylines. For example, the Phoenix storyline was kicked off by Lang but everything that followed was pretty much an Amazing Race around the world, meeting Alpha Flight... Kitty Pryde... leading up to Dark Phoenix and culminating in DOFP.

Later, heading to outer space to deal with the Brood... and other stories like Kulan Gath taking over NYC were examples of heroic chapters.

All that is to say, somewhere along the way they became saddled with the minority allegory as primary storyline. Remember when Cyclops and Jean went to a club and met Dazzler and got attacked by Hellfire? When Storm went shopping and got attacked by Guardian? For people who are fighting to have a life they haven’t seemed to have much of a life to fight for in a long time.

Seems like the HOX/POX reset will at least position mutants as a nation not unlike Wakanda and all the storytelling possibilities that came with that.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 10-09-2019 at 03:34 PM.