Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
    Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Seeing Apocalypse sitting alone in contemplation combined with Moira's journal thoughts on him, and Apocalypse knowing about the futures Moira has experienced has me thinking he could start seeing much of the mutant "race" as unfit if they lose in all the futures Moira has experienced; also that his whole modus operandi of making sure the fit survive and continue to evolve the human race (I say human as mutants are just humans with an activated x-gene) could be a way to combat against celestial threats such as the Phalanx. He and Sinister also have a history of genetic and technological alteration of existing mutants, mutates, and non-mutant humans so they know that that last future that Moira experienced where the humans supplant mutants through genetic engineering means their use of genetic engineering is something worthwhile if not perhaps necessary. I don't know if Hickman had these thoughts in mind with the scenes of him in silent isolated contemplation, but they fit. I think he and Sinister, if written well, could have some very interesting storylines.

Fantastic Member

Apocalypse doesnt know about Moiras past lives.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I once heard that human beings aren't born with prejudice, but are made for them, by someone who wants something.

And like you mentioned with human extinction, although doesn't justify atrocities and irrationality, still plays a role in people who don't want to go extinct.

And sure, the relationship between human mutates and human mutants has gotten very inconsistent in its worldbuilding, and why humans ending up hating the mutants more than the mutates seems to have been pretty poorly handled by most accounts, but with that said, I quite liked the explanation Marvels #2 (1994) gave, and reminds me that human/mutant relations, at least when written well, have more complexities than what's seen on the surface:

I have to be honest with you, for me it still makes little sense. They are not kicking the dirt in our graves, they are not a machine who would rebel against us, they are not Aliens who would take our planet, they are our descendants who eventually will have powers.

"My grandson will have powers, as a human, i am offended"

I am interested in that Cyclops quote, it is out of context ? or he mean it ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post

"My grandson will have powers, as a human, i am offended"
    Some people are born special. Others never can be. There is no qualification for merit, or need. There is no way to achieve, or standard to meet. You are either chosen or you are not.

I think people underestimate how utterly terrifying that concept can be for some people. I also think it's one of the reasons why people in the Marvel U can love the Avengers but hate and fear the X-men. Anybody can be an Avenger. Only the anointed may be X-Men.

Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Some people are born special. Others never can be. There is no qualification for merit, or need. There is no way to achieve, or standard to meet. You are either chosen or you are not.

I think people underestimate how utterly terrifying that concept can be for some people. I also think it's one of the reasons why people in the Marvel U can love the Avengers but hate and fear the X-men. Anybody can be an Avenger. Only the anointed may be X-Men.
    It can be terrifying, specially when a person has too much power and can kill millions.

but it can also be very fascinating, no doubt there would be lots of fans like it was on wickeed and divine
    Zethrimon unblock me

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

I still dont find anything terryfing about humanity eventually born with powers, "Anyone can be" is still a big if, in our world we still classify people born with or without talent.

Even between the mutants that feel should exists, i mean, i dont envy Long Neck, i dont envy several abortions that the x-gene has created but i could envy Telepaths, Storm or Magneto but many mutants should also feel like this, like genetic dead ends in comparison with the mutant elite.

This is almost never brought into topic, like every mutant is proud of his crappy powers.

I understand what you mean with the avengers, but several of them have abilities beyond the average mutant, several of them have weird origins which require specific accidents to work.

Probably is more easy being born mutant that become mr fantastic with cosmic rays and not die in the process.You are not telling me too much if your aspiration is become hawkeye.

Mutants lack the alien feel to truly unify humanity, at worst, it would be countless of opinions about them going from consider them demons to say that they are the chosen of god.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-13-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    consider them demons
    That's precisely the Purifiers and the Church of Humanity.

Hatred isn't rational, and even if it was – this is just part of the premise. It's part of what you have to buy into to buy into the franchise. You just have to accept it and move on.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That's precisely the Purifiers and the Church of Humanity.

Hatred isn't rational, and even if it was this is just part of the premise. It's part of what you have to buy into to buy into the franchise. You just have to accept it and move on.
    Of course, dont get me wrong, i understand the core theme of the franchise, my point is that i wish that more aspects of the Human-Mutant relations could be explore beyond "Im going to be extinct by mutants"

Hell, even Mutant-Mutant relations could give us countless of topics. This is the reason why i regard the Morlocks an indispensable part of the X-Men mythos. Trying to define what means to be Mutant.