Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Do we ever get an explanation for these ressurections? For example the team that died on the space station. Are they the real Cyclops, Jean, etc? Or clones of some sort with memories based on a particular time in their lives?
    For now I think you can consider them (and all other resurrected mutants) the real deal.

Could be Hickman did this here to leave himself or other writers an out later (they were just copies all along!) in case what he plans to do with them does not work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The problem is that she’s taking only extremist methods and only in ways that benefit mutants. As with anything, you push, there’s going to be push back in return and push too hard and something is going to break. Extremism only results in extremism in return. As the phrase goes, the candle that burns twice as hot burns half as long. The key is in the acceptance that they aren’t some separate species set to inherit the world, they’re all human.
    They already tried living in peace. Didn't work. That's what Moira's fourth life is about. Protecting a world that feared and hated them only led to sentinels on their front-door. Again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Moira has become trapped by her own failures. She isn't perfect, she is a normal flawed person like everyone else and she makes mistakes. There are factors in this that she couldn't predict like Cable, Rachel, and Bishop who are all time travellers. In the case of Rachel she is from an alternate universe and might be partially excluded from time line resets.

You can see that Moira is worried that Sinister was allowed on Krakoa, she was upset about it because she thinks he is operating ahead of schedule on his Chimera research and because she thinks he will do the same thing he did in life #9 and go traitor and try to ally himself with the humans.

Also, how does the Phoenix and Galactus fit into this, can they operate fully aware of time line resets and assist or prevent things from happening.

Is the fate of mutants predetermined by Moira herself and that the only way to prevent the future is to remove her from the equation because Moira is stuck with her perceptions of all the failed past lives.
    What I find fascinating is that everything ties with genetics/evolution in a way.

Post humans - False/Tech genetic human evolution
    Mutants - Natural human evolution

Many parallels with humans tempting with nature.

Phoenix ensures that evolution happens. When species have grown stegnat then its the Phoenix's work to put an end. Phoenix is drown to mutants since they are natural evolution. I firmly believe that the Phalanx and the Domininios will soon face the Judgement of the Phoenix. The Phanlanx and the dominions are not natural or true evolution. Galactus like Phoenix is a natural/primal force of the Universe.

I really liked the issue even if I wanted more. Hickman ties many things and has made me love Moira as a character. really love the whole mystery aura, the house of cards feeling etc

Also, to add something about the Abstracts. Eternity like Phoenix could care about Moira resets if it affects them directly but if you think about it they don't. What I mean? In older comics and even in AVX (yeah I know horrible but still) the Phoenix said to Emma Frost that it exists then what else matters? The same for Eternity. Even if the Universe that he is (inside of him) resets he is not in danger. The Abstracts also would have to notice Moira too and then determine if she could pose a threat to them in the long run.
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 10-09-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    2 questions...

1. If Logan could live for like a 1,000 something years and look like that in PoX, then what was the reason for OML looking the way he did if his future was only 70 something years into his future?

2. Did Logan get a height boost post resurrection or are Moira and Xavier really shorter than what I believed?
    They could have kept Logan alive through artificial means, or the zoo, being artificial, also has time pass slower.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They could have kept Logan alive through artificial means, or the zoo, being artificial, also has time pass slower.
    Same question about Moira. How can she last longer than 1000 years old in her sixth life? She only has a regular life span and should be long dead before human invent that advanced artificial environment.

The problem is that she’s taking only extremist methods and only in ways that benefit mutants. As with anything, you push, there’s going to be push back in return and push too hard and something is going to break. Extremism only results in extremism in return. As the phrase goes, the candle that burns twice as hot burns half as long. The key is in the acceptance that they aren’t some separate species set to inherit the world, they’re all human.
    Her first attempt (Not counting the first 3 lives) was literally Xavier's dream of peaceful cohabitation, and the second one they just secluded themselves and the humans still came for them.

Well that was underwhelming. Especially with so much overlap, this could have been combined with HoX for one oversized issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    2 questions...

1. If Logan could live for like a 1,000 something years and look like that in PoX, then what was the reason for OML looking the way he did if his future was only 70 something years into his future?

2. Did Logan get a height boost post resurrection or are Moira and Xavier really shorter than what I believed?
    You dont know that Logan aged naturally. I mean Moira herself looked to be the same 1000 years in the future and she has no healing factor or powers other than her reincarnating

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    What I find fascinating is that everything ties with genetics/evolution in a way.

Post humans - False/Tech genetic human evolution
    Mutants - Natural human evolution

Many parallels with humans tempting with nature.

Phoenix ensures that evolution happens. When species have grown stegnat then its the Phoenix's work to put an end. Phoenix is drown to mutants since they are natural evolution. I firmly believe that the Phalanx and the Domininios will soon face the Judgement of the Phoenix. The Phanlanx and the dominions are not natural or true evolution. Galactus like Phoenix is a natural/primal force of the Universe.

I really liked the issue even if I wanted more. Hickman ties many things and has made me love Moira as a character. really love the whole mystery aura, the house of cards feeling etc

Also, to add something about the Abstracts. Eternity like Phoenix could care about Moira resets if it affects them directly but if you think about it they don't. What I mean? In older comics and even in AVX (yeah I know horrible but still) the Phoenix said to Emma Frost that it exists then what else matters? The same for Eternity. Even if the Universe that he is (inside of him) resets he is not in danger. The Abstracts also would have to notice Moira too and then determine if she could pose a threat to them in the long run.
    I guess the easy answer is that Moira can fudge things to make herself essentially invisible to them. Or she really isn't as strong as she says.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    What about Beast?

Moira's fear of Destiny is jarring in the light that neither could be bothered with the other in stories like Days of Future Past.

So Moira dies and the universe will be reset? She probably has her powers nullified in the future, the History of Marvel comic book going on now shows Franklin Richards and Galactus the last ones alive at the end of the universe, with no reset from Moira and Moira not around.
    Lol Hickman won’t give Beast the opportunity to save mutankind. Hickman thinks Beast as a scientist is not even as good as Forge. He barely did anything significant in Hickman’s Time Runs Out either.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post

And if I remember correctly, Hickman did mention that the Dominions do fear Galactus and the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    They already tried living in peace. Didn't work. That's what Moira's fourth life is about. Protecting a world that feared and hated them only led to sentinels on their front-door. Again.
    And extremism has worked for them as well? At that point, you’re now giving them a reason to think of you as a threat and hate you. House of X presented us with what the response to that was in the form Mothermold. Mutantkind taking such an extreme stance was so grand that it had human factions that hate each other join together in an attempt to stop them for the sake of humanity. It’s a matter that they didn’t stop the coming of the sentinels, they accelerated it. The problem is that, for her having lived 10 lives, Moira is extremely shortsighted in the stance she’s taken.

And extremism has worked for them as well? At that point, you’re now giving them a reason to think of you as a threat and hate you. House of X presented us with what the response to that was in the form Mothermold. Mutantkind taking such an extreme stance was so grand that it had human factions that hate each other join together in an attempt to stop them for the sake of humanity. It’s a matter that they didn’t stop the coming of the sentinels, they accelerated it. The problem is that, for her having lived 10 lives, Moira is extremely shortsighted in the stance she’s taken.
    There are 3 seperate lives where she tries Xaviers way, Magnetos way and Apocalypse way. Extremism or no extremism mutants die

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    that is because of her actions, if she lives same life as she did before, nothing will change
    And then when she dies the timeline will be erased as she starts over again.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    You need your protagonists to have obstacles to overcome, that's basic storytelling. The point is now we're going to see mutants fight against that future.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Same question about Moira. How can she last longer than 1000 years old in her sixth life? She only has a regular life span and should be long dead before human invent that advanced artificial environment.
    The issue implies Logan gave her blood transfusion so maybe she benefitted from his slow aging? Another possibility since the Librarian knows all about her powers is that he ensured she wouldn't die up to this point so that the timeline would't reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Lol Hickman won’t give Beast the opportunity to save mutankind. Hickman thinks Beast as a scientist is not even as good as Forge. He barely did anything significant in Hickman’s Time Runs Out either.
    Beast acknowledged Forge was a better inventor then him around Messiah Complex.

Extraordinary Member

So what does Moira do?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There are 3 seperate lives where she tries Xaviers way, Magnetos way and Apocalypse way. Extremism or no extremism mutants die
    She even tried the "We'll just go and live on our own away from humans" and they still got killed.