Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post

For every person who could find storm scary there would be 10 others who would pay her in some kind of National Wearther Service in order to predict or avoid summer storms. The "Inhuman looking mutants" are the ones who could represent a problem for society but not the absurdly good-looking X-Men, in real life half of the world will want to bang them.
    Hate and being 'bang-able' aren't mutually exclusive.
    Real World example: The stats for US States most popular adult site category...Black/interracial wins hands down in most of the Southern...Confederate Flag loving States. Gay and straight Not saying these States a filled with hatred but they have a history of not being so kind to citizens of a darker hue.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hate and being 'bang-able' aren't mutually exclusive.
    Real World example: The stats for US States most popular adult site category...Black/interracial wins hands down in most of the Southern...Confederate Flag loving States. Gay and straight Not saying these States a filled with hatred but they have a history of not being so kind to citizens of a darker hue.
    Dont take it literally, what i am trying to say is in a world with monsters like Hulk, Glob and other things, i hardly doubt that most humans will have time for hating people that pretty much resemble like them.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    One of the bigger problems isn't just superhumans not being irrational hated for the same reason as mutants. It is that people flat out ignore that the irrational fear bleeds over to other things. Sorry, but racist are too stupid or don't care about the difference between Muslims and Sikhs. But Marvel the people who are equivalent of our irrational hate groups and bigoted show nuance not to hate superhumans. The hate of the mutants makes sense we see that in real life "the irrational hate". What people try to justify is the irrational hating people wouldn't follow the same pattern of irrational hating people past one group and extend their hate to other groups. It is to me like saying the KKK only hates Black People no the KKK hates Black people, Latino people, Muslims, Jews, foreigners in general who speak a different language. Marvel has a bunch of events of are equivalent to 9/11 like War of the Realms or Secret Empire. People are saying that these irrational hating people won't do what irrational hating people did in real life after similar events. Mutants scare people we get that it is people not being scared after an alien invasion, robot invasion or God invasion and irrationally hating other groups as well. Then remember these people can't tell the difference between Muslims and Sikh, They can't tell the difference between Human torch and Match. People underestimate irrational hate in these convos imo
    I view it in an American context. The biggest problem isn’t the KKK, it’s the everyday racists you don’t see. The ones who vote for Trump and turn a blind eye to issues. More racists in America wear suits than hoods. These bigots cheer for Black football players, but would freak out with a Black neighbor, boss or if their daughter dated a Black guy. They can watch Ellen or listen to Queen, but don’t want their son to be gay or believe gay teachers are dangerous. The Avengers are celebrities, but you’re not worried your kid is going to suddenly turn into Iron Man or that Thor will move in next door. Mutants (were) the people in your life and community. The X-Men are Black Lives Matter.

BANNED

Fetishization is is not acceptance, quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I view it in an American context. The biggest problem isn’t the KKK, it’s the everyday racists you don’t see. The ones who vote for Trump and turn a blind eye to issues. More racists in America wear suits than hoods. These bigots cheer for Black football players, but would freak out with a Black neighbor, boss or if their daughter dated a Black guy. They can watch Ellen or listen to Queen, but don’t want their son to be gay or believe gay teachers are dangerous. The Avengers are celebrities, but you’re not worried your kid is going to suddenly turn into Iron Man or that Thor will move in next door. Mutants (were) the people in your life and community. The X-Men are Black Lives Matter.
    I like your take but under that example the X-Men would be celebrities too because they commonly hang around with the Avengers and Fantastic 4, the "unfortunate Mutants" would be the ones society will marginalize.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Fetishization is is not acceptance, quite the opposite.
    Again, dont take it literally, my premise is that most x-men would not be able to invoke the fear that "Inhuman Mutants" would do and i am including "mutates" too.

You see in the news Jubilee is in new york "meh", carnage is in new york "WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING???!!"
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-19-2019 at 06:58 AM.

I like your take but under that example the X-Men would be celebrities too because they commonly hang around with the Avengers and Fantastic 4, the "unfortunate Mutants" would be the ones society will marginalize.

Again, dont take it literally, my premise is that most x-men would not be able to invoke the fear that "Inhuman Mutants" would do and i am including "mutates" too.

You see in the news Jubilee is in new york "meh", carnage is in new york "WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING???!!"
    Yes but the X-Men defend the unfortunate mutants too, that makes them like "Black Lives Matter". Heck Scott lead a march of mutants to Washington DC just before Secret Wars. He was trying to do things differently and thinking that peaceful protests might be the answer if he could get enough people to show up, and it was a success, but then Secret Wars happened and they killed Scott off after that.

But the leadership of the X-Men are always advocating for the protection and rights of mutants, they are advocating for people to stop beating mutants, to stop persecuting mutants. They are SJW's and no one likes that, why can't these good muties no when to show up and just accept that as long as they stay quiet and stop advocating for "rights" that normal god fearing Americans will let them be, don't bring your SJW garbage in our face when we are trying to beat up the poor mutie that looks like an asian blind girl, she's a mutie, we have our rights too and our rights is to beat up that mutie and show her who is boss. Plus she talks funny and says weird stuff so she is a crazy mutie and we should beat her up even more.

You can see how it just goes in a circle and feeds on itself. The moment the X-Men start advocating for the defenceless mutants, that is the very moment they become dirty mutants too, and now they are seen as part of the "other" and that they should be hated.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

With the dinosaur thing you lost me, I cannot predict how a sapience species will interact outside of the only example that we have, us, which makes me going to the starting point. I dont see the "Mankind Extinction" with the Mutant premise. Besides if i were a Dinosaur and could see the future i would be more worry about that asteroid rather than "THE BIRDS, THE BIRDS ARE KILLING US!!!"

The reason why i ignored the human offspring is because Mutants are supposed to feel alien when they are not, how do you avoid these mutants ?? all human parents are going to kill their sons and daugthers?? if Mutant is something unavoadible and they, pretty much, resemble humans, i dont see the issue beyond of the nature of their powers but once again, people should also be worry about the other mutates.

The only way that i could see this working and making sense it would be if all mutants were scary Morlocks, looking absolutly inhuman, that could invoke the alien feel of mutants even if they are born from humans.

JKtheMac has brought an interesting concept about the nature of the X-Gene, "If the mutation will always be the same" this could also make them feel more like an unify species if, for example, all of them were telepaths.

I want to be clear, once again, i dont negate the nature of Mutants being scary as a concept, they are and many of them could suffer persecution, what i am negating is the shortminded writing of making every human and goverment scary of them.

For every person who could find storm scary there would be 10 others who would pay her in some kind of national wearther service in order to predict or avoid summer storms. The "inhuman looking mutants" are the ones who could represent a problem for society but not the absurdly good-looking X-Men, in real life half of the world will want to bang them.

And once again i agree with JKtheMac, even if for some of us the situation doesnt make sense, i agree that we need to work our minds to make it work but i also would appreciate a better approach from the writers in the context of human-mutant relations.
    'Not the absurdly good-looking X-Men'. Please. It would only take Storm calling down a single massive lighting bolt or generating a hurricane-force wind or spooling up a tornado to scare the living crap out of almost anyone sane.

Almost everyone would be terrified of telepaths, regardless of how attractive they are. There is no secret you can keep from them, they can override your free will...

You are viewing this as someone reading a book or watching a movie would perceive it, not as someone actually living in that world and all the fear those things would generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    'Not the absurdly good-looking X-Men'. Please. It would only take Storm calling down a single massive lighting bolt or generating a hurricane-force wind or spooling up a tornado to scare the living crap out of almost anyone sane.

Almost everyone would be terrified of telepaths, regardless of how attractive they are. There is no secret you can keep from them, they can override your free will...

You are viewing this as someone reading a book or watching a movie would perceive it, not as someone actually living in that world and all the fear those things would generate.
    Actually, you are the one who is doing it, I agree with everything you said but if that is the premise then:

Human Torch, Electro, Venom, Carnage, Hulk, Thor, the fucking Sentinels, Ms Marvel, every Alien, Robot, Demon ect...neither of them feel persecuted despite the fact that they have scary powers too or scary implications.

If you bring the fear of the unnatural, you have to bring everything that is not a baseline human.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-19-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Actually, you are the one who is doing it, I agree with everything you said but if that is the premise then:

Human Torch, Electro, Venom, Carnage, Hulk, Thor, the fucking Sentinels, Ms Marvel, every Alien, Robot, Demon ect...neither of them feel persecuted despite the fact that they have scary powers too or scary implications.

If you bring the fear of the unnatural, you have to bring everything that is not a baseline human.
    Well ummm, not to nitpick but Electro and Carnage are criminals so they would be reported to 911 on sight.

Venom is sort of a hero but a lot of people will think he is a villain because there are newspaper stories talking about him hurting people. If people saw Venom they would call 911.

I think if people saw Hulk they would run for their lives and wouldn't even bother calling 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

And Storm and Magma stopping a Hurricane, Volcano Tornado, Fire or Flood would do what to people? The X-men saving the city would do what to people? X-men saving the world would do what to people? Beast, Firestar, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being a part of the Avengers would do what? The Fantastic Four having mutant would do what? Every parent with a mutant wouldn't afraid of their kids, etc

They would be a clear LOVE for mutants as well in the world. Humans do not have uniform reactions to things if you understand they will be hate, Understand that people can also LOVE mutants like people love Celebrities, actors, musicians, and politicians. Like people protest for justice for minorties who are screwed by the system at times. They were people who hated Obama but they were certainly people who loved him as well. The X-men fiction isn't balanced which is fine that's the story they want to tell but we have real-life America that shows us from the Slavery era, Jim Crow era, Civil rights era and pass that today that humans can grow to tolerate minorities more. The world isn't perfect but a culture that hates we have visible proof that it can improve that doesn't mean all the hate has gone away but you can see the little improvements.

X-men world isn't allowed to improve in fear that drama will go away for the stories. But extinction stories and the feeling the most the world hates mutants shouldn't be the default. You can have drama without this level of hate. The X-men comic began with them living in the world among humans, The X-men had human friends, There was hate in the world but X-men and mutants could live in it. How do mutants live in a world where the "good" countries are making killer robots and give out genocide via cures. Getting away from humans makes sense in the X-men books. Living among humans should make sense in the X-men and when mutants can't live even in "good" countries the line has gone to far past where it should be. Give me a X-men world where the US and Europe has passive systemic hate and Fantasy countries like Tranisa, Latveria, Santo Marco, Genosha have extreme hate, and they are other countries between passive hate and extreme hate. Give me X-men world where Dazzler is Beyonce, and Franklin Richards is superhero Justin Bieber, Give me world where the X-men themselves are love for being some of the "good ones" but other mutants don't get that level of love or respect. Give me world were X-men are disliked a little by humans for being mutants, dislike a little by normal mutants for being a little bit uncle toms. Give a me a world where X-men feeling that things are getting better and Morlocks have to remind them that no everybody can't just blend in.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-19-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well ummm, not to nitpick but Electro and Carnage are criminals so they would be reported to 911 on sight.

Venom is sort of a hero but a lot of people will think he is a villain because there are newspaper stories talking about him hurting people. If people saw Venom they would call 911.

I think if people saw Hulk they would run for their lives and wouldn't even bother calling 911.
    True but you are describing the instant fear, thats common for everything that doesnt look like a normal human, in fact, if storm or jean grey dont use their powers, they look human but there is no way to hide many of the monsters that populate the marvel universe.

And they will bring the topic that icefanatic was describing "What humanity would do if is confronted with those things"

Now this message is about your previous post RachelGrey in regards of the X-Men status, you are right and they could receive hate for that but, at the end of the day, they would still be celebrities like the other two groups.

I dont see them getting the hate that other mutants will suffer, they will represent the best of us even if they defend the persecuted but they would never get the same hate as the others because we humans love to be hypocrites.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-19-2019 at 07:45 AM.

From Stan the Man...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    From Stan the Man...
    So if someone hates mutants, they should hate all mutants, if someone hates people who dont look like human, they should hate everyone who doesnt look like human.

So if someone hates mutants, they should hate all mutants,
    Errr well not saying a person SHOULD hate mutants...but if your #1 reason for the hatred is BECAUSE a person's a mutant then.....
    GrindrStone(D)

So if someone hates mutants, they should hate all mutants, if someone hates people who dont look like human, they should hate everyone who doesnt look like human.
    he is explaining how unreasonable that hatred can be.

I see it all the time, I work with several people who are Muslim, they are great people, they know I am gay, they talk to me, they have lunch with me, we even talk about politics. They even admit that there are a lot of extremists in different Muslim countries, just like I can admit there are a lot of white Christian or alt-right extremists too.

But I have this one woman I used to be friends with, and every time we got together she would go on long rants about how Muslims were evil incarnate and how they were infiltrating our society so they can bring in Sharia law, and how they had rape gangs going around and raping women all over the world. I tried to reason with her, I tried to tell her that the extremists are not the majority of all Muslims, that most Muslims are just normal people who want to go about their day. But she would just go on and on how they were secretly evil and plotting against us and that I was being indoctrinated to see them as harmless. I stopped talking to her after that, the vitriol of hate and racism was actually frightening, and I could almost feel the hate emanating off her when I was in her presence.

I grew up with a 2nd cousin who I was really close to, and I always knew his parents were quite racist, but they were family, so I usually kept my mouth shut to keep the family peace. One day they started spouting off about Jewish people and how Jewish people were taking over everything, buying everything, taking everyone's jobs. I couldn't take it anymore, I just spouted out suddenly, "You know what I wish, I kind of wish that we could take all the members of the Nazi's, KKK, and Aryan Nations, put them up against a wall and use a firing squad to kill every last one of those evil racist disgusting excuses for human beings." To say that I was persona non grata after that is an understatement. Haha!

My 2nd cousin and I stayed moderately close, but then one day he went on this long hour long rant against Muslims and Jewish people, and it was the same as that girl, the vitriol and hate coming out of his mouth was so intense it almost made me sick. After that I didn't want to spend time with him every again, because he honestly scared me.