Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

why can't mutants just use tech and advanced genetics, they hold all the cards, not to mention several advantages like magic, shi'ar science and all kind of exotic knowledge, they are already far ahead of baseline humans so why be sitting ducks ?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    why can't mutants just use tech and advanced genetics, they hold all the cards, not to mention several advantages like magic, shi'ar science and all kind of exotic knowledge, they are already far ahead of baseline humans so why be sitting ducks ?
    I was thinking, isn't Apocalypse already such a bio-technically and genetically enhanced mutant? The Celestial's alien tech is way more advanced than anything on earth, although one could argue that Reed Richards has had access to very advanced alien science. But Moira-09 already used those Celestial enhancements bestowed on her by her 4th husband, En Sabah Nur to survive longer than her life expectancy. Apocalypse used this technology to turn Angel into Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I meant “why is Moira so concerned about being killed and having the universe reset, when that’s an inevitability based on her dying of old age?”
    Maybe it has to do with what Irene told her, that unless she does a certain set of steps, life 10 is her last life.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That's not just a bad decision lol, that sounds pretty dumb. They know Raven and they know how she gets when she doesn't get her way, I wonder why they decided to make that promise.
    Arrogance perhaps? They seem to believe they have a handle of the situation but frankly, i felt they are on their way to screwing everything up royally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I was thinking, isn't Apocalypse already such a bio-technically and genetically enhanced mutant? The Celestial's alien tech is way more advanced than anything on earth, although one could argue that Reed Richards has had access to very advanced alien science. But Moira-09 already used those Celestial enhancements bestowed on her by her 4th husband, En Sabah Nur to survive longer than her life expectancy. Apocalypse used this technology to turn Angel into Archangel.
    exactly, this whole homo novissima sounds like such a non-issue to me, you have mystically enhanced mutants (see illyana), cosmically empowered ones (phoenix force), techno-organic integration (apocalypse, douglas ramsey) not to mention geneticists of Moira or Sinister caliber that hold a wellspring of knowledge easily accessible by any telepath and therefore can be shared among others mutant scientific minds and so on.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

exactly, this whole homo novissima sounds like such a non-issue to me, you have mystically enhanced mutants (see illyana), cosmically empowered ones (phoenix force), techno-organic integration (apocalypse, douglas ramsey) not to mention geneticists of Moira or Sinister caliber that hold a wellspring of knowledge easily accessible by any telepath and therefore can be shared among others mutant scientific minds and so on.
    I think the thing they are trying to accomplish is uniting everyone in common cause and hoping they can sustain it. To have Xavier, Erik, and En Sabah Nur working together in alliance and common cause along with all of their followers and supporters.

It's not so much about going to war with the humans, in fact peace is preferable, it's that they are so much stronger as a united nation if they actually can agree to work together. A strong nation can negotiate and work with other countries on Earth and be a driving force of peace between humans and mutants. Now if someone attacks the mutants they will be very prepared for the attack, they are taking a proactive stance and locating the terrorists planning attacks against them.

Whether they succeed or not will be up for debate and be revealed in future stories, but I do understand what they are doing, they are trying to stay united in the face of all the prejudice of the world.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the thing they are trying to accomplish is uniting everyone in common cause and hoping they can sustain it. To have Xavier, Erik, and En Sabah Nur working together in alliance and common cause along with all of their followers and supporters.

It's not so much about going to war with the humans, in fact peace is preferable, it's that they are so much stronger as a united nation if they actually can agree to work together. A strong nation can negotiate and work with other countries on Earth and be a driving force of peace between humans and mutants. Now if someone attacks the mutants they will be very prepared for the attack, they are taking a proactive stance and locating the terrorists planning attacks against them.

Whether they succeed or not will be up for debate and be revealed in future stories, but I do understand what they are doing, they are trying to stay united in the face of all the prejudice of the world.
    yhea, I got that but I don't see how homo novissima would pose any threat to this iteration of the 616 mutant nation, the point I'm trying to make is that as it stands the mutant race holds all the card to ensure their further evolution and empowerment far ahead of the homo novissima we saw on life six

That's kind of like asking why don't people turn themselves another color or turn themselves straight if the tech existed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's kind of like asking why don't people turn themselves another color or turn themselves straight if the tech existed.
    Way to totally miss the point of my post, congratulations!
    Changing your color doesnt give you any genetic advantage against sentinels and artificial super beings
    Why would the mutants ever let themselves be exterminated by giant robots or artificially created super humans when they have all the tools required to stay ahead of the genetic race?
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-12-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Way to totally miss the point of my post, congratulations!
    Changing your color doesnt give you any genetic advantage against sentinels and artificial super beings
    Why would the mutants ever let themselves be exterminated by giant robots or artificially created super humans when they have all the tools required to stay ahead of the genetic race?
    But why would you need a genetic advantage over someone your not trying to beat? Mutants aren't trying to beat humans they are trying to survive despite them. That's a big difference. Why change yourself or alter who you are when your sole intent is survival or rather thriving. I think you miss the point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But why would you need a genetic advantage over someone your not trying to beat? Mutants aren't trying to beat humans they are trying to survive despite them. That's a big difference. Why change yourself or alter who you are when your sole intent is survival or rather thriving. I think you miss the point.
    You miss the point again, the mutants want more than simple survival, they do want to thrive, that's what krakoa it's all about

Because up until this 616 iteration, mutants as a whole were not actively trying. The humans have always been trying to make the next best thing in order to be dominate.

I’ll close on...Wolverine is really fast.

You miss the point again, the mutants want more than simple survival, they do want to thrive, that's what krakoa it's all about
    And your still missing the point. What does thriving have to do with trying to be better than someone else? When i think of thriving i think of family, fun, living, peace, i don't think i need to genetically alter myself so other people who have a problem with my existence don't destroy me. I think how can i live my best life while navigating through this world and doing hopefully some good things along the way. Let them hurt themselves with the hate and the possibly painful genetic modifications. I'd rather change other's mind not my own body.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Because up until this 616 iteration, mutants as a whole were not actively trying. The humans have always been trying to make the next best thing in order to be dominate.

I’ll close on...Wolverine is really fast.
    Well then sounds like it's about time they try to beat the ones willing to exterminate them at their own game, if giant robots try to kill you I say build better robots to protect you

And your still missing the point. What does thriving have to do with trying to be better than someone else? When i think of thriving i think of family, fun, living, peace, i don't think i need to genetically alter myself so other people who have a problem with my existence don't destroy me. I think how can i live my best life while navigating through this world and doing hopefully some good things along the way. Let them hurt themselves with the hate and the possibly painful genetic modifications. I'd rather change other's mind not my own body.
    PLEASE stop putting yourself and your issues at the center of this discussion , We are not talking about real life, we are discussing what was shown during moira's 10 lifes, the issue presented to us by the writer is a matter of genetic and technological competition against 2 sides locked in a race for survival, it's only natural to wonder why the mutants haven't been using all tech at their disposal to avoid being slaughtered