Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is she? She mentions the other door leads to the food capitol of the world and she could go get her own tea.

So, really, the biggest problem here is why has this thread not turned into an argument about where that door goes?
    Why would there be an argument.

It clearly opens to Flavor town, USA. Mayor: Guy Fieri

If Dominions exist outside time and space the consequences of destroying one would be dire for reality

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Did you guys see how Erik and Charles were basking in the glory of what THEY have made at the end of the issue while Moira rots in a lab?

Ugh. Men.

Anyway, I really loved this issue. Moira is ~such~ a presence, I adore her. Reading her thoughts on Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse was really great. Also, Logan and Moira. Shipping it.
    Actually they did make it, Moira provided info but its Charles and Mags who did the heavy lifting. In every previous life Moira needed help from someone so its not like she did everything herself. And no one is keeping her in the lab, she chooses to be there. She is not being keep down by the evil men or having credit stolen from her. She could not have created Krakoa by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can we just address how arrogant Charles and Erik really are for a telepath who saw multiple futures Charles doesn't seem to realize his biggest mistake. Forcing his ideology on the world has been proven a failure time and time again and Erik's method has never worked out ever! IDK I personally just feel any situation with those 2 at the head is doomed to fail one way or another their egos are just to big.
    and whose method do you see working?

Was there a text quote bookend pages like from previous issues? Scans? DM if you prefer.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Actually they did make it, Moira provided info but its Charles and Mags who did the heavy lifting. In every previous life Moira needed help from someone so its not like she did everything herself. And no one is keeping her in the lab, she chooses to be there. She is not being keep down by the evil men or having credit stolen from her. She could not have created Krakoa by herself.
    Just to add on to this, the decision to hide was hers. She felt that she was becoming too involved too much of a target and if she dies everything resets so she made the decision to hide away. She was supported by Xavier but it was her call.

ungenesis

Am I the only one who finds it a bit silly that Moira lived out Life 6 for a THOUSAND years, learned that mankind is the true adversary instead of the machines ... then spends Life 7 exterminating Trasks to prevent the Sentinels? Perhaps there would have been more impact if the events of Life 6 and Life 9 had been swapped.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I really liked that their arrogance was highlighted this issue. One aspect of Hickman's writing I haven't been too keen of is his focus on important leaders doing important things, which in the MU happen to be mostly men. So it's refreshing to see that subverted by setting up the overblown egos of these important men as the cause of things going wrong in the future.
    Not to argue that point, as I think Hickman is showing that people are what they are by nature, and has even stated that events will unfold as they always have, but I think the biggest blow is going to be to Moira. Let's not forget the first thing she did (other than die in a place crash) is create the cure for mutants. The life after life she tried to dictate fate. The resistance to change in Xavier and Magneto is not going to be the down fall, it is not the flaw, it is going to be the path to mutant survival and Moira will realize this (she does not repeatedly point out her love for Xavier for nothing) and in the end Moira will realize Moira is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ungenesis View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it a bit silly that Moira lived out Life 6 for a THOUSAND years, learned that mankind is the true adversary instead of the machines ... then spends Life 7 exterminating Trasks to prevent the Sentinels? Perhaps there would have been more impact if the events of Life 6 and Life 9 had been swapped.
    I guess Hickman is not telling something...

But Mutant kind has to avoid the machines as distractions. So I guess it is valid

Quote Originally Posted by ungenesis View Post
    Not really.

It all started with the Sentinels. Those and later the Nimrods bought time for humans to enhance themselves and beat mutants at their own game.

lol looks like I touched a nerve.

Charles and Erik's arrogance are pretty evident not only in those panels (I'm not judging their good intentions) but in Moira's journals as well. It's something pretty clearly established by Hickman. One could argue that Moira herself is arrogant in the way that she's basically playing God.

All that to say that it will blow up in their faces eventually. The fact that they recruited Sinister without Moira's knowing and made promises to Mystique that they can't act on are big red flags.

And going from look what you created Moira to look what we've(Magneto and Xavier) created

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think some measure of arrogance is a necessary quality in someone whose goal is to change the world. If there is anything that will end up being their downfall, I think will be not maintaining a united front.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Interesting issue. Moira admits in her journal that she showed Xavier and Magneto only the parts of her prior lives she wanted them to see, suggests that there is more that we aren't being told. It also helps explain why she doesn't want precogs resurrected, it's not simply a matter of mutants learning the truth, but the unedited truth. Legion will not react well if he finds out his origins, poor David.

Well, there is this, which still needs to be explained:

the Librarian is the evolved Cerebro

"Winter is... complicated. It's where we parked all of our problem mutants. Besides myself, of course".

This is the sexiest Magneto ever. I love him!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!