Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It took a really long time to Moira understand that natural order can be trumped by artificial means.

mutants were also too sure that they were the next step
    They would be if Humanity as a whole was stuck forever into Stone Age level of development.
    But as is, Humanity is a species made of inherently curious and avid to survive individuals. Sapiens have made discovery and scientific advancement a cornerstone of their civilization since the dawn of time...
    All that to ensure their survival in every environment they were faced with.
    Hickman set things up so that the natural order of things for Humanity is to reach a point where progress is so advanced and groundbreaking, it will usher them to transcend their biological condition. Novissimas being the culmination of that...
    Realistically, mutants will never be able to stop the ball of progress from rolling, They were never meant to, when every scientific discovery led them closer to becoming obsolete.
    They can either join sapiens on this tentative path or try to annihilate them before they walk it..
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    More like #NamorWasRight since he instantly saw thru Xavier's superiority bs lol.
    Loved that scene!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I have another question, what actions could they take should a precog be born? Given their stance i mean?
    The newest Mutant settler on Mars?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Good fit since he opposed mutants on AvX. it all comes back
    God i hate it when this comes up, like it was just all the Avengers fault that mess happened. It takes two to tango you know? And the X-men weren't exactly saints in that either.
    And before someone tries to throw me under the bus I didn't exactly enjoy seeing Cap act like Stark in CW, Stark thinking he could kill the Phoenix or Thor beating a kid just as I didn't enjoy seeing Hawkeye be set on fire, Wakanda drwon, Danger torturing POW's, Magik sending them to a piece of Limbo or those poor whales getting mix matched by her brother and so forth...seriously when are people going to let that horrible event die?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The newest Mutant settler on Mars?
    Were it so simple, Moira really laid into them that Precogs would ruin everything for them so i feel like the solution to them may not be as simple as exile from the planet.

Isn't Moira doing what Destiny wanted?

-Pav, who thinks "no pre-cogs" is kinda wackadoo...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Isn't Moira doing what Destiny wanted?

-Pav, who thinks "no pre-cogs" is kinda wackadoo...
    Yeah but would you just forget being burned alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Two questions: When did Ruth die?
    Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #11.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #11.
    Hmm, i doubt she will be revived then...btw wasn't she related to Irene?

Fantastic Member

if humans ultimately keep beating mutants ..... instead of making Krakoa's and Utopia's wouldn't a simple solution be to just leave Earth? surely there's a planet out there they could claim. just say **** it and leave. maybe keep a krakoa gateway open for any new mutants pop up?

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    if humans ultimately keep beating mutants ..... instead of making Krakoa's and Utopia's wouldn't a simple solution be to just leave Earth? surely there's a planet out there they could claim. just say **** it and leave. maybe keep a krakoa gateway open for any new mutants pop up?
    Thats like the equivalent of telling a black person that's faced racism in America to go back to Africa or somewhere else. Why should mutants do that? Earth is their home too. Colonizing some random space planet may not be feasible for a variety of reasons at least not in the foreseeable future. Based on what we've seen in PoX, this is something that may happen in the future but that would take decades. The current status quo is about right now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats like the equivalent of telling a black person that's faced racism in America to go back to Africa or somewhere else. Why should mutants do that? Earth is their home too. Colonizing some random space planet may not be feasible for a variety of reasons at least not in the foreseeable future. Based on what we've seen in PoX, this is something that may happen in the future but that would take decades. The current status quo is about right now
    On top of that, the concept itself is ignoring the fact that mutants are humans and born of humans as well. They can leave Earth but more mutants are going to be born within the human population due to the existence of the X-Gene just as it's possible that humans will be born among the mutants due to the offspring having a recessive X-Gene.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I think an actual simple solution would be to have the writers move the goal post of progress less often.

I mean, if one really wants the mutants to score a touchdown, then the writers dictating their lives shouldn't move the goal post then.

These are random thoughts, but...
    -Was Xavier's marriage to Mystique ever really explained in the comics? Maybe Hickman can explain it away.
    -It looks like Vulcan is being resurrected. I hope Darwin is on Krakoa, and that Petra and Sway are resurrected. One of my favorite parts of the Wolverine and The X-Men cartoon was Petra being Christy Nord, daughter of Maverick. That should be canon!
    -So ready for Warpath to find out Sinister used his brother's body as his first Chimera.
    -No Layla Miller on Krakoa either I suppose.
    - One of the POX#6 pages said 19_Krakoa, 20_Arakko. I can't wait to see how that plays out.
    Last edited by Outback_X; 10-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Other smalltid bit that I thought was interesting: Moira is still in love with Charles.
    After her first life she dropped her husband and never went back to him.
    But after 9 lives and thousands of years, Charles is still Moira's best boy.
    Poor Sean...