Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Wasn't life 9 proof that Mutants can't out designer baby Humanity?
    Or proof that they started this process too late.

The Librarian said that machines bought humans time to essentially use genetic modifications to outcompete mutants. Perhaps the issue with Life 9 is that mutants only used genetic modifications (chimeras) without also using machines. If that is what Moira learned from Life 9, then perhaps Life 10/X is her attempt to merge mutants with machines (which would be another reason why she needed to take Mother Mold and Nimrod off the board). And perhaps Prof X is part-machine now (which might be visible if he didn’t have his Cerebro helmet/mask on). Making Prof X part-machine would be a way to potentially “break” Prof X...

Well, this was certainly an amazing ride, it has been such a long time since I enjoyed an X-Men event just like this. Thank you a lot Hickman daddy.

That being said something I really loved about this whole event, and specially about this last issue is that the ending was not really an ending... but a beginning.

And now Dawn of X begins.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothing View Post

The Librarian said that machines bought humans time to essentially use genetic modifications to outcompete mutants. Perhaps the issue with Life 9 is that mutants only used genetic modifications (chimeras) without also using machines. If that is what Moira learned from Life 9, then perhaps Life 10/X is her attempt to merge mutants with machines (which would be another reason why she needed to take Mother Mold and Nimrod off the board). And perhaps Prof X is part-machine now (which might be visible if he didn’t have his Cerebro helmet/mask on). Making Prof X part-machine would be a way to potentially “break” Prof X...
    Mr Sinister screwed uop the Chimeras, so it wasn't that effective.

Mutants clearly need geneticists who don't have SINISTER in the fucking name.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What about Beast?

Moira's fear of Destiny is jarring in the light that neither could be bothered with the other in stories like Days of Future Past.

So Moira dies and the universe will be reset? She probably has her powers nullified in the future, the History of Marvel comic book going on now shows Franklin Richards and Galactus the last ones alive at the end of the universe, with no reset from Moira and Moira not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not gonna lie, this issue has solidified my dislike for the retcon of making Moira a mutant. She went from possibly one of the greatest human allies of the X-Men to a completely cynical manipulator to the degree that she’s basically turned Xavier from an allegory for Martin Luther King Jr. to just another mutant supremacist who manipulates everyone to their own ends. Ironically, he now has even more in common with the Maker. Just as with how the X-Men have been presented in these minis, Moira’s heart has been taken from the character and replaced with just cold cynicism. At this point, she might as well not even be Moira because she’s essentially just a villain who continuously goes down the wrong path of extremism and is dragging mutantkind down with her.
    I wouldn't be so hard on Moira, the experiences she had made her harder and radical. She is traumatized and can't help but try to win for mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, I am sure this will come to a head sometime in 2020 for sure. Sinister is going to pull something, it will be interesting to see if Charles and Erik are more prepared to deal with him than we think they are. Moira is pretty pessimistic about it, she actually thinks he is functioning far ahead of schedule compared to how Sinister was doing in Moira's life #9, Sinister has already turned himself into a Chimera and understands how the tech works.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothing View Post

That would break him without totally destroying him.

The other thing is, could this be a part of why Magneto, Xavier, and Moira want to separate from even the other superhumans. They fear the mutates and how humans can essentially create mutants without the X-gene. They basically fear anyone who isn't them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wouldn't be so hard on Moira, the experiences she had made her harder and radical. She is traumatized and can't help but try to win for mutants
    But is this a win for mutants? Or a win for her?

By the way, considering that Legion and Proteus didn't exist in Moira's previous lives, that would explain that Hickman wanted everything from Age of Apocalypse (Black Beast, Nate Grey, Sugar Man ...) off the map. They are an unexpected product of Legion, so Moira cannot predict them.

BANNED

If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A solid ending to an amazing story. I've always been a Moira fan, but I love the character even more now. Can't wait to where this all will go.

Do love that Mystique is only doing this to revive Destiny. I'm particularity excited to see how that pans out.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xavier is broken, Magneto too. We aren't seeing the same characters.

Moira plan is a desesperate one
    But they are the exact same characters, it's just their actions have been re-contextualized by what we now know. Moira has always factored into their brokenness since her first meeting with Xavier in Life 10.

It certainly adds a new wrinkle to interpreting Xavier's shadiest choices over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But is this a win for mutants? Or a win for her?
    Honestly, I think she is burned out and she isn't sure this is a win at all. She's worried that they are already making mistakes by allowing Sinister onto Krakoa. She is worried that Mystique will get Destiny resurrected and that Destiny will do something to destroy everything Moira has built and destroy the last hope of mutant kind. She is worried that Charles and Erik don't have as much control over the council as she hoped, allowing Emma to pick an unknown Red King worries her even though Erik and Charles are both confident that Emma is 100% on board with the over all plan that she has been told.

I don't think Moira thinks she is winning at all, I think she worries that there will never be a way to win and that mutants are always destined to be killed by the humans and machines.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    "Damned if you don't, damned if you do" has been the prevalent theme of X-Men comics since DOFP, as has their determination to make a better future in spite of the odds against them.