Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and whose method do you see working?
    IDK I feel like the whole council would have flaws as leaders but choosing two proven failures seems idiotic/insane to me. Shaw would be horrible, Exodus is a nonfactor, Apocalypse would **** it up, Sinister is fucking Sinister. Mystique is only out for herself, Kitty has proven to be a subpar leader, Kurt just isn't leader material why he's even on the council is odd to me I can think of multiple X-men who could have the spot before him. Jean would **** it up with her own drama. Scott and Storm would probably be the best out of the council maybe throw Emma in there. I feel had Moira came to those 3 at a time where they lacked all the current baggage they have now they would be good figureheads. IMO

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ungenesis View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it a bit silly that Moira lived out Life 6 for a THOUSAND years, learned that mankind is the true adversary instead of the machines ... then spends Life 7 exterminating Trasks to prevent the Sentinels? Perhaps there would have been more impact if the events of Life 6 and Life 9 had been swapped.
    As others have said, it makes sense to go after the sentinels since the Librarian claims that is how humans bought time.

That said, I did not feel it added anything to the story that we did not already kind of get the gist of anyway by this point. The only thing I can think of is that it is actually saying that Machines (Phalanx) are the enemy. They used the humans. The librarian does not want to ascend. He spills the beans to Moira and then let's Wolverine kill him (we know he let's this happen since the scene starts with him telling everyone there is no way Wolverine can get the jump on him, this is not a Matrix 'dodge this' moment). We also know the librarian was urgently trying to save the mutant database or whatever it was, not something someone who just wants to ascend to small g godhood is going to care about. I get the feeling the Librarian thought something about the mutants was a path to saving them from ascending.

Ressurecting Qwerty to see if there's any future where mutants win might be a good start. Or using Forges machine from Messiah Complex to see if there is any future with a large mutant population

I guess at the end of the day Xavier and Magneto will be Xavier and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    IDK I feel like the whole council would have flaws as leaders but choosing two proven failures seems idiotic/insane to me. Shaw would be horrible, Exodus is a nonfactor, Apocalypse would **** it up, Sinister is fucking Sinister. Mystique is only out for herself, Kitty has proven to be a subpar leader, Kurt just isn't leader material why he's even on the council is odd to me I can think of multiple X-men who could have the spot before him. Jean would **** it up with her own drama. Scott and Storm would probably be the best out of the council maybe throw Emma in there. I feel had Moira came to those 3 at a time where they lacked all the current baggage they have now they would be good figureheads. IMO
    I was thinking the same thing. What if she went with a different trio? Scott, Storm and Emma make sense to me.

There is an issue though... Magneto and Xavier started it all, before they were even a factor. I think that choosing their students over them would have ended up turning them into enemies.

Also, why didn't Moira think that she might be an issue? She's the one that's actually shaping reality in all of these scenarios. Maybe Xavier and Erik are right in benching her for now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Questions/Comments:
    1. So Moira has to remain hidden & no one knows she’s on Krokoa?
    2. If she dies, this all resets.
    3. You know damn well, Mystique is gonna push the issue of Destiny being resurrected.
    4. And what happen when a precog is brought to Krokoa or wants to live there?

Great set up for “Dawn Of X!!”
    Agreed. Thought Moira will inevitably die, right? So reality will reset at some point. Makes everything seem a bit futile. Unless they’re going to keep her alive forever somehow.

In her 6th life, it’s obvious how she lived so long. The post-human says something about her and Logan having the same blood type, so clearly he’s given her his healing factor through a transfusion or something like that. A better question, though, is how Logan has lived so long without aging like he did in the Old Man Logan future. I have a couple of theories about that, though...

1) the trauma of what Mysterio put Logan through in that timeline aged him; and/or
    2) when Logan was resurrected in HoX, Proteus slightly altered the nature of the adamantium he put back on his skeleton, making it less toxic so it doesn’t slow his healing factor down and kill him over time.

Both of those would be good explanations IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I kind of got the opposite, in a way. While I think that "the dream" as we've known it is not currently the goal, I think we're given enough info to know that Moira's plan isn't exactly the best idea. Sure, her plan is giving them a chance at some kind of success, but she had to break Charles down in order to get him to rethink his dream.

So in a way, I think the story is ultimately to be about surviving Moira's subversion of the dream.
    Agreed. It's clear here that it's completely up in the air. We did not receive confirmation that this plan would save mutants - it's unknown and Moira even doubts herself and her actions in her journal. Very smart.

Even Charles and Erik making a promise to Raven that they don't intend to keep. It shows that they're going to try to make this work but have to make questionable decisions. They're high off of the initial success. Flawed characters, and I think that's beautiful.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Thought Moira will inevitably die, right? So reality will reset at some point. Makes everything seem a bit futile. Unless they’re going to keep her alive forever somehow.

In her 6th life, it’s obvious how she lived so long. The post-human says something about her and Logan having the same blood type, so clearly he’s given her his healing factor through a transfusion or something like that. A better question, though, is how Logan has lived so long without aging like he did in the Old Man Logan future. I have a couple of theories about that, though...

1) the trauma of what Mysterio put Logan through in that timeline aged him; and/or
    2) when Logan was resurrected in HoX, Proteus slightly altered the nature of the adamantium he put back on his skeleton, making it less toxic so it doesn’t slow his healing factor down and kill him over time.

Both of those would be good explanations IMO.
    the legendary explanation 3 is that each writer decides the power of his regenerative power ahhaha. jokes aside I think old man Logan got older quickly from the trauma but also because Logan stopped fighting, there was talk that every time Logan gets hurt he improves the performance of his powers, becoming faster and more efficient

Hickman brought me back to the X-Men (and Marvel) and I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
    Please Remain Calm

Extraordinary Member

I guess the thing is, what is Moira trying to prevent? Mutants being wiped out? Machines taking over? Or her own inevitable death?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess the thing is, what is Moira trying to prevent? Mutants being wiped out? Machines taking over? Or her own inevitable death?
    Yes, Yes, and Yes...

Really it's down to the humans versus the Mutants for ultimate survival. I think they have the machine problem worked out thanks to the Space Battle and the stuff she learned in Life 9... but we still need to figure out who the humans are that figure out the secret to evolutionary victory as seen in Life 6.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I guess at the end of the day Xavier and Magneto will be Xavier and Magneto.
    Of course, but the really interesting wrinkle that's been added is that the Xavier & Magneto we've always known were being shaped in some part by Moira early on. So we don't even fully understand what they would be without Moira's involvement. Especially with Xavier there's a lot of grey area as to what calls he's made on his own and what's due to Moira's influence. Moira is clearly concerned that she's pushed him too far at points, broken him completely. For people who want a more idealistic take on Xavier, there's now a corrupting influence there to explain some of his worst moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    She'd only have 10, maybe eleven lives according to Destiny.

Maybe her power "only" has juice enough for that many universal resets before it runs out. Much like Franklin seems to be running on fumes in current FF.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Maybe her power "only" has juice enough for that many universal resets before it runs out. Much like Franklin seems to be running on fumes in current FF.
    Or she finally gives up after so many lifetimes of eternal frustration and cures herself so there is no Next Life when she dies. She was close to a Mutant Cure in life 3 or 4 after all...

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

I think Destiny was just pointing out that statistically, Moira was eventually going to die before she reached the age where her reset powers manifested, and she and Mystique were going to make that happen if Moira acted in a way they felt compromised mutant interests.