Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Problem is Mystique voted for Creed to get this punishment, so he has no incentive to help her, unless Mystique herself releases him, and even then it's by no means certain.
    It's no tlike she would change anything

Destiny already returned during Necrosha and she seemed fine with staying dead.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Problem is Mystique voted for Creed to get this punishment, so he has no incentive to help her, unless Mystique herself releases him, and even then it's by no means certain.
    Yeah, the problem is the mind copying phase. If Xavier already knows what's in your head, how do you take him by surprise? If anything, Mystique isn't going to force them to bring back Irene, Xavier and Magneto will do it on their own because they don't trust Moira. They might've already done it and were only visiting Moira to see if she knew.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

I said this a few weeks ago, but I think Destiny will be resurrected and together with Mystique they’re going to use that angry lesbian energy to **** everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Destiny already returned during Necrosha and she seemed fine with staying dead.

But who's to say she'll have a choice/had the choice and/or even the right husk.

Mystique wants what Mystique wants.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    She would vote for him to get punished because that puts him where he needs to be: closer to the Krakoa No Space and Moria.
    But Creed doesn't know that, and wouldn't care either way.

I think I was waiting for some big HOX 2 type twist through out and it affected my enjoyment for this issue. I loved it...Don’t get me wrong and this was one hell of a ride but it just didn’t have that punch to the gut that some of the other issues had.

Question regarding life 6 then. What was it that Moira really learned and took with her to other lives? What made that life so important? Was it basically what would happen if the Humans won with the machines in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    She would vote for him to get punished because that puts him where he needs to be: closer to the Krakoa No Space and Moria.
    Moria?!, so the X-Men/Fellowship of the Ring croosover is actually going to happen
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The time has never been better:

Let Si Spurrier's write a Legion+Blindfold comic set in Hickman's X-World, on the run and against everyone but themselves.

Oh, also: I just realized the grand implications that the existence of Dominions have for the character of Xorn. Are we to believe that his brain is actually some kind of Dominion, made up of innumerable minds packed infinitely densely together?

-Pav, who can't wait for Dawn of X...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

#MoiraWasRight
    #MagnetoWasRight

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I think I was waiting for some big HOX 2 type twist through out and it affected my enjoyment for this issue. I loved it...Don’t get me wrong and this was one hell of a ride but it just didn’t have that punch to the gut that some of the other issues had.

Question regarding life 6 then. What was it that Moira really learned and took with her to other lives? What made that life so important? Was it basically what would happen if the Humans won with the machines in the long run?
    That the threat is not in fact just humanity. Or just the machines. That one leads to the other, leads to the fusion that is post-humanity. Man x machine hybridization, engineered evolution. That both man and machine, and the cycle they enable are the threat to mutants.

In her next life, she immediately sets out to annihilate the Trasks. Cut off the Sentinels at the knees. Prevent the technological leap. Sentinels keep mutants in check long enough for humanity to develop Nimrod. Nimrod keeps them in check long enough to perfect post-humanity. Any of the three means the end of mutants. So she tries to take the machine out of the equation. No Sentinels, and maybe mutant society takes off fast enough to keep ahead. To push humans to extinction naturally and take their place as the successor species.

It doesn't work. The technology is always developed, by someone, somewhere. The cycle continues.

So tries to start, and win the war early, with Magneto. Before the tech is in place to establish post-humanity. Before Nimrod. It doesn't work. So she tries to eliminate humanity altogether, with Apocalypse. No humans, no man x machine hybridization. No post-humanity. It doesn't work. The machines advance too fast, humanity can't be overwhelmed.

Life Ten. Krakoa. The carrot of medicines that can cure disease. Heal the sick and the mentally ill. Stall human research and technological advancement. Make them dependent on mutants for their very health and future. With the Mother Mold destroyed, Nimrod doesn't come into existence. Mutants have bought themselves time.

This is what has changed: mutants now understand that they have been wrong about the very nature of their struggle. They are NOT the inheritors of the Earth, the next stage of humanity. They are the natural development that simply cannot compete with the technological, the random and varied mutation that cannot hold a candle to developed, planned and engineered augmentation. Magneto thought the world was theirs by right, that time was on mutants' side. Xavier thought mankind could be taught to peacefully go into that good night, smiling their way into extinction knowing how awesome their mutant successors are. That time is on the mutants' side.

But time is not on their side. Time is their enemy. Each day that passes is one step closer to an engineered humanity that no longer needs mutant development to accelerate their evolution.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I could had honestly saved myself six bucks but it wasn't like the comic itself was bad but very boring
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    #MoiraWasRight
    More like #NamorWasRight since he instantly saw thru Xavier's superiority bs lol.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Cap and them i don't think would be the same. They were all introudced to either a phenomon or drug that altered their dna but for all intents and purposes they are still humans. Post humans are more like Chimeras between man and tech.
    Actually, Cap is literally the first step towards post-humanity. He's engineered evolution. Improving humanity through science, not nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    More like #NamorWasRight since he instantly saw thru Xavier's superiority bs lol.
    Lol right.

Namor saw RIGHT through his ass.
    I'm sure though when Xavier really lets go, things will get REAL very fast.
    I think that's what Moira meant with unleashing something in him..

The joy and the drama that will ripple throughout Krakoa when they eventually find out ...well everything lols.

edit: and I guess we can add Onslaught to the incoming Krakoan residents with Apocalypses horsemen.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 10-09-2019 at 05:00 PM.