Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly, I think she is burned out and she isn't sure this is a win at all. She's worried that they are already making mistakes by allowing Sinister onto Krakoa. She is worried that Mystique will get Destiny resurrected and that Destiny will do something to destroy everything Moira has built and destroy the last hope of mutant kind. She is worried that Charles and Erik don't have as much control over the council as she hoped, allowing Emma to pick an unknown Red King worries her even though Erik and Charles are both confident that Emma is 100% on board with the over all plan that she has been told.

I don't think Moira thinks she is winning at all, I think she worries that there will never be a way to win and that mutants are always destined to be killed by the humans and machines.
    No doubt Moira has been permanently scarred by the weight of her previous lives, one of which lasted approximately 1,000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    I think Moira has become trapped by her own failures. She isn't perfect, she is a normal flawed person like everyone else and she makes mistakes. There are factors in this that she couldn't predict like Cable, Rachel, and Bishop who are all time travellers. In the case of Rachel she is from an alternate universe and might be partially excluded from time line resets.

You can see that Moira is worried that Sinister was allowed on Krakoa, she was upset about it because she thinks he is operating ahead of schedule on his Chimera research and because she thinks he will do the same thing he did in life #9 and go traitor and try to ally himself with the humans.

Also, how does the Phoenix and Galactus fit into this, can they operate fully aware of time line resets and assist or prevent things from happening.

Is the fate of mutants predetermined by Moira herself and that the only way to prevent the future is to remove her from the equation because Moira is stuck with her perceptions of all the failed past lives.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I find it interesting that Emma has actually kept it secret from Charles who she intends to put in as Red King/Queen.

I am really curious how everyone will react when Emma brings Kate to the next meeting as the Red Queen.

I am waiting for Apocalypse to surprise everyone by saying Kate is the only member of the council he actually respects, after they spent all that time together arguing in Decimation, Kate is nearly one of the only people he actually will hear out on things.
    Honestly I don't think Xavier cares who Emma puts on the council as Red King/Queen. I think Xavier and Magneto created this council for show, to give the semblance of some having a voice in governance. But in reality its those two who wields the true power on Krakoa. They along with Moira created Krakoa, they alone know all about the past lives and possible future for mutantkind and they clearly have some hidden agenda that they are not telling the other council members about. Creating that council was a way to placate the others and distract them from scrutinizing or asking too many questions. Chuck and Mags will let the others think that they are controlling the direction of Krakoa in the present while they themselves plan for the future. If anyone catches on or is invited into the triumvirate it will probably be Apocalypse, if others cause trouble (likely Mystique because of no Destiny) they may be gotten rid of. So whoever is put in Emma's third seat matters not to Xavier because its all for show. Make no mistake, this is all Xavier, Magneto and Moira, they know what's truly going on and they ain't telling anybody.

BANNED

Much like "Everything dies" ultimately led to "Everything lives", I don't think "Mutants always lose" will be the thesis statement of Hickman's run all the way through.

2 questions...

1. If Logan could live for like a 1,000 something years and look like that in PoX, then what was the reason for OML looking the way he did if his future was only 70 something years into his future?

2. Did Logan get a height boost post resurrection or are Moira and Xavier really shorter than what I believed?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    2 questions...

1. If Logan could live for like a 1,000 something years and look like that in PoX, then what was the reason for OML looking the way he did if his future was only 70 something years into his future?
    Old Man Logan's healing factor had failed and was almost useless for a long time so he aged. It could be that this Logan's healing factor never stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    2 questions...

2. Did Logan get a height boost post resurrection or are Moira and Xavier really shorter than what I believed?
    Typically when they do future timelines or alternative reality they always make the character look like they gone through the worst. In terms of height I doubt the artist will try their hardest to make it realistic but around it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Old Man Logan's healing factor had failed and was almost useless for a long time so he aged. It could be that this Logan's healing factor never stopped working
    Also Logan was Resurrected in a new body

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Also Logan was Resurrected in a new body
    Which in theory should reset them from any ailments or previous years of wear and tear
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I actually think they'd be better of making humans forget that mutants exist after reading that future like in Rosenbergs run. It throws humans off technology wise and buys time as opposed to allowing to progress rapidly at an exponential rate

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    What about Beast?

Moira's fear of Destiny is jarring in the light that neither could be bothered with the other in stories like Days of Future Past.

So Moira dies and the universe will be reset? She probably has her powers nullified in the future, the History of Marvel comic book going on now shows Franklin Richards and Galactus the last ones alive at the end of the universe, with no reset from Moira and Moira not around.
    to say this you don't know what happened in the book of Hulk issue #24

spoilers:
    Hulk kills Franklin Richards and even Mister Immortal at the end of time to become the new Galactus of the ninth universe (the current universe or even better said multi-universe is the eighth). Then apparently the mutants are those who should survive the end of everything to inherit that power
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Regular man; 10-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It's crazy again just how much Hickman had to be planning this for a while to get things in place.

Also, you know, I always thought Hickman just couldn't write women. He's not awful about it, he just didn't seem to get the female perspective.

His Emma and Moira have proved that wrong. Emma is Emma, she is a bitch, but she is also a good person who ultimately wants to just protect her people, protect children. She is also able to create and sort of maintain relationships with other women.

Moira treats other women-like Destiny-like enemies, while the men around her are fools and pawns. She uses her sexuality and "innocent" appearance to get what she wants. Normally, I would find this quite sexist and yet, because it's balanced out by women like Emma and because Hickman shows just how broken and angry Moira is by her situation, I can't hate it. I mean, Magneto and Xavier, the men she has tried to trust, are already going behind her back because they know best.

I don't think Moira knows best, but it is just super relatable and I totally get her frustration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    Hickman likes to put his characters against unwinnable odds, only to show that ultimately kindness and being willing to improve leads to the happy ending. See Miles Morales in Secret Wars. Gave Molecular Man a burger and it was all he needed to get his mom back. Or Reed in the same story, who believed in actually saving everything and going beyond, opposing Doom's pragmatism, that was defined by his self-loathing.

I doubt the idea is to end everything on a bleak note, but characters have to be put through some tough things to earn it. It was the whole universe before. Now it's mutants' turn.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Definitely wasn't the weakest it was just an epilogue. HoX ended on a high note this is just the continuation of that.
    Exactly. When read as a whole, it is a nicely tragic denoument that finalizes the set-up of this new status quo (including the challenges, flaws, and uncertainty of where things are going to go next).

I really dug it... but then I also just read all the others right before reading this one so it felt like a 'novel' and less like episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wouldn't be so hard on Moira, the experiences she had made her harder and radical. She is traumatized and can't help but try to win for mutants
    The problem is that she’s taking only extremist methods and only in ways that benefit mutants. As with anything, you push, there’s going to be push back in return and push too hard and something is going to break. Extremism only results in extremism in return. As the phrase goes, the candle that burns twice as hot burns half as long. The key is in the acceptance that they aren’t some separate species set to inherit the world, they’re all human.