Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, of course Hickman explained WHY needed Blindfold off the map.

But he had no reason to specify HOW. For him as if Rosenberg threw her into the Sun, that didn't alter his plans at all. So the death itself would be Hickman's thing, the HOW, which was really the problem, would be Rosenberg's fault.
    But we don't know how Hickman conveyed the information to Rosenberg. He could have been as simple as "She needs to die" or it could have been as explicit as "She sees the horrors of the future and must die as a result."

Those two things can very distinctly sway a person on how to address removing a character.

Did everyone forget that Betsy is a precog?Whatever Happened to 1983.jpg
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 10-09-2019 at 08:00 AM.

So they put some sleeping pills in tea so Moira will step aside? I sincerelly doubt that it was normal tea.

Astonishing Member

What is Dawn of X and when is it getting released?

That was a solid ending. I really liked it a lot. I like how it positions the actual threat to mutants. I like that it kind of blurs the lines between human and mutant, and introduces the post-humans as the true next step of evolution. I feel like this kind of resets the table in a way.....yes, humans are the threat to mutants, but really mutants are humans too, and their fate is a shared one. It kind of gives hope for Charles's original dream, in a way....although a distant hope.

I like the mirroring of the end of life 6 and life 9. Good stuff.

Also, I really like that Moira wasn't revealed to be the secret villain, which seemed possible. Or at least not the direct villain. I thought she was going to side with the Phalanx and manipulate everything accordingly. Instead, she does what she does to save the world. It makes her intentions good ones.

But her means.....there's a lot of questionable stuff in how she goes about her mission. I like the morally complex level that has been brought to this story. I hope it carries through to the new books.

Her journal is great. It kind of helps line up all the continuity of the retcon so that there's a clear overall sequence. Really well done.

The "we can't see Xavier's eyes" seems to have been more of a red herring than any actual indication of wrong doing. Obviously, that could still come up, but no development on that front within this story makes me think there isn't much to it.

Very interesting dynamics in play going forward. Overall, this is probably one of my favorite X-Men stories of all time, and I'm interested in how things proceed from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    But we don't know how Hickman conveyed the information to Rosenberg. He could have been as simple as "She needs to die" or it could have been as explicit as "She sees the horrors of the future and must die as a result."

Those two things can very distinctly sway a person on how to address removing a character.
    I am going to laugh if Blindfold shows up in 2 or 3 issues.

I think Moira doesn't want Destiny back because she doesn't want to face her. I honestly think that Moira feels burdened with failure, Destiny charged Moira to use her gift to save mutant kind and now Moira has failed 7 times in a row since her 2nd life. Even Moira knows this might be the last chance, I think she is afraid that Destiny will tell her that this chance is going to fail too and that there are no more chances left.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Not bringing Destiny back is homophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Why be so specific when it does not affect the result at all? If Ruth had died offscreen we would have the same result.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So they put some sleeping pills in tea so Moira will step aside? I sincerelly doubt that it was normal tea.
    Just like how Hickman forgot Cyclops isnt a puppy dog to Xavier anymore and doesnt call him
    Sir. He forgets a lot of things for the sake of this world building and the characters suffer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd honestly depower her at this point or if stuff starts going well. But I guess it's nice to know you have a reset button somewhere (if it works this time).
    Forge's depowering gun was featured in the promo art. I definitely think they will use it at some point on Moira.

Hickman gave us a little bit of optimism with HOX #6 but then destroyed our - and Xavier's - dreams with POX #6.

Amazing conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    The name of the next relaunch. X-Men 1 is out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Just like how Hickman forgot Cyclops isnt a puppy dog to Xavier anymore and doesnt call him
    Sir. He forgets a lot of things for the sake of this world building and the characters suffer for it.
    I got some vibe that something else is happening with x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Xavier has proved Cyclops right by founding Utopia 2.0. Why would Cyclops be angry at that?