Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Good wrap-up to the story but I had two complaints:
    I wish Hickman would have put a finalized timeline that included Life 6 in the issue.
    As the final issue to this road to Dawn of X I find it irksome that he blacked out some of Moira's journal entries. Even if this story is a part of a bigger story all the plot points within this smaller story should have been wrapped up.
    Last edited by JamJams; 10-09-2019 at 08:06 AM.

BANNED

This was a brilliant, beautiful conclusion to the entire miniseries. I generally agree that HoX > PoX but PoX#6 is the best issue of Powers of Ten. And my favorite along with PoX#4 (the Mr. Sinister issue).

To me HoX/PoX is already one of the greatest X-Men stories. 12 issues that tell you exactly what the appeal of mutants, X-Men, their adventures, their villains, their heroes are? It's a brilliant and perfect reintroduction. The X-Men have been out of limelight for a long time and here comes Hickman reminding everyone why we fell in love with them in the first place. It deserves to be ranked alongside E is For Extinction, Giant Size X-Men #1, and Claremont's stuff. Not saying it's Dark Phoenix Saga or DOFP good but it's in the top 15 or 20 at least.

"Let Them Try"...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Did everyone forget that Betsy is a precog?Attachment 88082
    That popped into my head too. They better not going messing around with my Betsy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why be so specific when it does not affect the result at all? If Ruth had died offscreen we would have the same result.
    Which is why i think it was specific, because everything in that issue was specific to what was revealed now.

If Hickman had said "Just kill her off." Rosenberg woulda just killed her off and not made such a big deal of it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Which brings up the question, why was Moira still alive 1,000 years in the future in Life 6? Genetic manipulation? At any rate, I loved the Librarian's motivation for setting in motion the next reset. I had wondered if everyone was truly cool with being absorbed into the Phalanx intelligence and losing their individuality.
    Blood transfusions from Wolverine, meaning she was using his healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    What’s wolverines name in this
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Logan James Howlett. As though James is his middle name and not actually his first name.
    Nope. It's Logan Howlett James. I'd definitely say that's a mistake and should've been James Logan Howlett.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Was not Emma who insisted on Kitty being back for astonishing? To keep her honest?
    Yeah. She wanted someone around who she knew didn't trust her.

Did everyone forget that Betsy is a precog?Attachment 88082
    Not any more. She hasn't been one since she first got put in Kwannon's body, has she? Traded it in for telekinesis?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    What is Dawn of X and when is it getting released?
    The new line of X books, and it starts next week with X-Men #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Which is why i think it was specific, because everything in that issue was specific to what was revealed now.

If Hickman had said "Just kill her off." Rosenberg woulda just killed her off and not made such a big deal of it.
    Not at all? All those visions showed things of O.N.E.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I honestly dont care about this future at all. Powers of X has definitely been the weaker of the 2 and this continues that trend.

Overrated.
    What future? Every issue of Powers of 10 is set in the present or in the past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    The name of the next relaunch. X-Men 1 is out next week.
    I thought it was going to be one of those issues that explain the set up of all the new comics, but I guess it has already been done

The issue of the metahumans and the Librarian is so ... obvious that I almost got angry that I didn't think about it before.

In the long term, mutants are limited by nature. For every omega that is born, there are a hundred useless mutants. But with biotechnology and genetic engineering you can do all Spider-man, Captain Marvels, Hulks ... that you want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She doesn't reset all reality, it's her actions that change the reality. Being a omega means no upper limit to the power
    Yes she does. Or at least everyone assumes she does, herself and Librarian included. How they would know tho is???

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Also, I do wonder if Moira was somehow involved in the creation of Onslaught? Because the psychic toll of Xavier's reading her and her manipulating Erik too could have directly or indirectly led to the events of Fatal Attractions...
    I felt that one entry in her journal strongly alluded to Onslaught too. Wonder if it'll be revisited or it was just used to smooth things over in including this retcon into the established continuity. Most of Xavier's morally grey actions over the years can now be attributed to Moira 'breaking' him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not any more. She hasn't been one since she first got put in Kwannon's body, has she? Traded it in for telekinesis?
    She had it even in Kwannon's body.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Do we ever get an explanation for these ressurections? For example the team that died on the space station. Are they the real Cyclops, Jean, etc? Or clones of some sort with memories based on a particular time in their lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blood transfusions from Wolverine, meaning she was using his healing factor.

J

Nope. It's Logan Howlett James. I'd definitely say that's a mistake and should've been James Logan Howlett.

Yeah. She wanted someone around who she knew didn't trust her.

The new line of X books, and it starts next week with X-Men #1.
    I don't think it was a mistake. I think it was to show that the libraian saw him as nothing more than data. How a computer looks someone up and comes back like that.

I also like that hickman displayed in the end one of the best and worst qualities of humans. Our want to discover and as a previous poster say do things our own way. No one is going to tell us down a path we don't want to go down, even if their telling us it's for the best. But in the end, what was left of humanity regretted it. We always win but what would we have become if we didn't. It is made very clear mutants are the inheritors if not earth but of humanity. Mutants are nothing more than humans evolving to survive in an every changing world. But guess what, in a world where we are creating global warming and destroying the natural order of the world itself do you really want to look at what you would or could have begun if you weren't destroying everything around you. The fact that once they chose that path, what choice was for there really for them. Once they decided they would bend the earth to their desires and no longer rely on it's natual existence the idea of mutants went out with recycling water bottles. How are we going to survive what we create. Really sad but really deep. My favorite issuue of the entire series.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Double post.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 10-09-2019 at 08:19 AM.

BANNED

She had it even in Kwannon's body.
    Maybe she lost it when she traded powers with Jean? I dont remember her showing that kind of abilities since Fraction brought her back. Betsys powers have always been a convoluted mess tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Do we ever get an explanation for these ressurections? For example the team that died on the space station. Are they the real Cyclops, Jean, etc? Or clones of some sort with memories based on a particular time in their lives?
    That was explained in the very issue they came back.