Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    IDK I feel like the whole council would have flaws as leaders but choosing two proven failures seems idiotic/insane to me. Shaw would be horrible, Exodus is a nonfactor, Apocalypse would **** it up, Sinister is fucking Sinister. Mystique is only out for herself, Kitty has proven to be a subpar leader, Kurt just isn't leader material why he's even on the council is odd to me I can think of multiple X-men who could have the spot before him. Jean would **** it up with her own drama. Scott and Storm would probably be the best out of the council maybe throw Emma in there. I feel had Moira came to those 3 at a time where they lacked all the current baggage they have now they would be good figureheads. IMO
    Kurt is my favourite character, but I’d not want him running anything more stressful than the church fête, bless him.
    But if I wanted three morally upright, popular, highly visible mutants as figureheads, I’d pick him and Jean and Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think Destiny was just pointing out that statistically, Moira was eventually going to die before she reached the age where her reset powers manifested, and she and Mystique were going to make that happen if Moira acted in a way they felt compromised mutant interests.
    That would mean that the Marvel universe is rebooted with no Moira in their X-canon though, so will most likely not happen. Assuming we ever get to her 11th life.

Beautiful art and design, Bravo team *lobs rose*

Hmm, lots to digest, some umble pie stickin' in my craw, in regards to some aspects of the story that I've hated with the fury of a thousand suns!

The ending of this chapter brings perspective, and so a relief.

I'm glad that the posters baying for human subjugation have been BTFO. It turns out that it's all to counter the neo neo, and so the X-Men can bust out and do their thing for benefit of the whole planet, good on them, I'm rootin' for them to triumph.

Lovin' Destiny being built up like this, wowzers!, She's got a beautiful, unique design, She and her aesthetic has been missing from the X-world, and I hope she'll be back, or do I? Yes I do.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Kurt is my favourite character, but I’d not want him running anything more stressful than the church fête, bless him.
    But if I wanted three morally upright, popular, highly visible mutants as figureheads, I’d pick him and Jean and Ororo.
    I think Kurt's place on the council will mostly fall within his wheelhouse, that of being a spiritual adviser.

So Moira engineered the conceptions of Franklin Richards and Jamie Braddock in addition to Legion and Proteus? Wanda as well?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So Moira engineered the conceptions of Franklin Richards and Jamie Braddock in addition to Legion and Proteus? Wanda as well?
    No. Her journal specifies only finding potential matches for her and Charles, so only Proteus and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    No. Her journal specifies only finding potential matches for her and Charles, so only Proteus and Legion.
    “There are several possibilities.”

I took a loose interpretation of her meaning, you took a harder one.

I interpret that there were different possible partners for Moira and Xavier.

As far as we know from other Hickman comics, Franklin Richards is something with very few equivalences in the multiverse. There are many universes with Reed and Sue, very few with Franklin. Jamie Braddock is too old for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    But that’s life, isn’t it? Losing (death) is inevitable. X-men continue as underdogs striving to prove themselves as worthy to a world that hates them. This story adds a new wrinkle in the form of post-humanity which further punctuates X-men love of humanity will never be reciprocated. So what do you do in any relationship where the one you love doesn’t love you back? You carry on... live your best life.

Right? Sounds like Brian and Betsy’s brother.

I kinda read that as she had several mating candidates in mind for both of them.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    That would mean that the Marvel universe is rebooted with no Moira in their X-canon though, so will most likely not happen. Assuming we ever get to her 11th life.
    De-powering is the most obvious solution. Not to mention that Mystique blamed Forge for Destiny's death, and he happens to have the tech to de-power mutants...

Moira orchestrating Destinys death, is it possible if Destiny said she would see it coming?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    It is a really more typical concept of Norse mythology than Judeo-Christian. The knowledge that you are going to fail, that this is a cycle and that you will finally lose ... and still continue fighting until the end. That is the mutants. It never seems that they will be able to succeed. But they keep fighting and keep believing because hey.

They are heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think Destiny was just pointing out that statistically, Moira was eventually going to die before she reached the age where her reset powers manifested, and she and Mystique were going to make that happen if Moira acted in a way they felt compromised mutant interests.
    It could also be that whatever Moira does in Life 10 ends up upsetting the Post-Humans who make it into Dominion and go back in time to wipe her away in Life 11.