Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I really enjoyed how the 'we always lose' bit really raised the stakes. It felt like this is the 'do or die' moment truly. And as we know from Destiny, next time Moira dies reality might not reset.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think Entry 35 in Moira's journal is about the Shi'ar. Xavier would have been in space with them during that time. Entry 29 is around X-Factor #25, Entry 48 is Sinister's recruitment, which had to occur after the Muir Island Saga because he's in the chair, but before Uncanny 300, which I think is referenced in Entry 52.
    No, after the Muir Island Saga the X-men's next mission put them up against Magneto and he "died." He was still an enemy around UXM #300.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Theory: What if the fault that it is inevitable that the universe wants to destroy the mutants is Moira? Observer Effect

In Moira's first life, her powers had not destroyed any universe. And it does not seem that her life ended in an apocalyptic future.

However, from her second life, the Dominions, Galactus, Eternity, someone must have realized that something had happened. But the universe is big. They could not detect what had caused the restart.

With each death of Moira, they realized that the problem was the mutants. But they don't know what mutant. So like Herod, the universe decides that mutants must die. And what is their way of interacting with the Earth? Creating the idea of the Sentinels.
    I suppose that's possible, but Moira also didn't pay much attention in her first life because she thought she was human. The events of mutant kind just occurred without her participation. But it was never explained what happened to them, for all Moira knew the mutants were all rounded up and exterminated but she barely noticed because it was an out of site out of mind thing. I am going to guess here but I think mutants were exterminated in Moira's first life, she just didn't involve herself in it either way.

In Moira's 2nd life she actually actively participated in trying to eliminate mutants herself with a cure and she was hunted and killed by Destiny, Mystique, and Pyro.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Is Moira's intention to have mutants fuse with machines before the humans do?

It seems to be one of the only two options.The other is to prevent humanity from fusing with machines.
    Maybe what we saw might happen to Doug is her end goal. Mutants ensuring their survival by literally fusing with the earth in some way as the next step of their evolution, the way humans fuse with technology.

I also enjoy the indication that if this is going to go **** up it's probably because of Xavier and Magneto's ego. 'Look what we've done' Sigh. You really never do change do you Xavier?

So does this issue redeem Xavier? Moira reveals that she intentionally manipulated him to make him a darker person, that was more willing to do questionable things, that he never would have otherwise

Theory: What if the fault that it is inevitable that the universe wants to destroy the mutants is Moira? Observer Effect

In Moira's first life, her powers had not destroyed any universe. And it does not seem that her life ended in an apocalyptic future.

However, from her second life, the Dominions, Galactus, Eternity, someone must have realized that something had happened. But the universe is big. They could not detect what had caused the restart.

With each death of Moira, they realized that the problem was the mutants. But they don't know what mutant. So like Herod, the universe decides that mutants must die. And what is their way of interacting with the Earth? Creating the idea of the Sentinels.
    We don't know anything about not ending in a apocalyptic event. We know nothing beyonf her life as a mother and wife

interesting, I think it would be a good way to get out of it.
    also yeah since she gave barely a few tries at it considering all the variables, i think there's a lot more to test before claiming "the dream is wrong"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    But at the same time we have recent evidence that humans were engaging in genocide against mutants before they even went to Krakoa.

So in the face of a mass genocide being perpetuated against your people what is the remedy? At what point do you retreat to a safe position and hope that they won't follow you and continue trying to kill all of your people?
    I am going to give the dumb answer here, but this happens at the point Marvel stops writing stories about mutants facing extinction. Since Hickman decided that was his great idea, I don't know what to say other than my complaint is with that approach in the first place. Discussing what that means for the mutants is not something I care for, because it is just Hickman says it is. It is hopeless until he or some other writer decides fate is not inevitable. In the mean time, it creates a tone, a theme, to the books that some just might not care for.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    No, after the Muir Island Saga the X-men's next mission put them up against Magneto and he "died." He was still an enemy around UXM #300.
    There was an off panel time gap between the end of the Muir Island Saga and X-Men #1, Sinister's recruitment would have to fall in that gap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So does this issue redeem Xavier? Moira reveals that she intentionally manipulated him to make him a darker person, that was more willing to do questionable things, that he never would have otherwise
    we don't know yet, he could also be aware of it and not letting on, plus there are the at least 2 mind resets he does to himself.

it seems like to me that hickman is really implying through one of her journal entries that this could be indirectly responsible for onslaught without outright saying it, but this could be fake lead like how this was the 6th life

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    There was an off panel time gap between the end of the Muir Island Saga and X-Men #1, Sinister's recruitment would have to fall in that gap.
    No. That doesn't fit. Magneto was not allied with the X-Men at this time. He was mad at Moira for what happened with that Alpha mutant who made him into a child. It doesn't fit.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am going to give the dumb answer here, but this happens at the point Marvel stops writing stories about mutants facing extinction. Since Hickman decided that was his great idea, I don't know what to say other than my complaint is with that approach in the first place. Discussing what that means for the mutants is not something I care for, because it is just Hickman says it is. It is hopeless until he or some other writer decides fate is not inevitable. In the mean time, it creates a tone, a theme, to the books that some just might not care for.
    All the other writers have been escalating the plight of mutants going back to House of M and Decimation. Things have been perpetually getting worse and worse for mutants and the tactics of genocide being used against them are getting worse and worse.

Rosenberg wrote the situation as so completely hopeless that it actually made me upset and depressed to read Uncanny X-Men because I felt all the hope had gone completely out of the book.

This isn't just Hickman writing this, this has been the status of mutants in the 616 going back to Claremont's days. So in the face of increasingly cruel genocidal tactics what is the proper solution?

I get that you would prefer that this path wasn't taken, but I don't think Hickman chose this path, this was the status quo he was given and he developed his own answer to that status quo by trying to answer the base question: What do you do as a people (mutants) in the face of the most horrific genocide ever perpetuated on Earth?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    No. That doesn't fit. Magneto was not allied with the X-Men at this time. He was mad at Moira for what happened with that Alpha mutant who made him into a child. It doesn't fit.
    The revelation of Moira's tampering was in Uncanny 300, and that is what I think is being referred to in Entry 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Also, was it really necessary to repeat the first few pages from POX #1?
    This kind of annoyed me too. I paid £5.40 for this comic and 7 of its pages I had already in another issue.