Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Nice recap I also think that her main goal in this life is to have mutants reach the Navissima status before humans (hence Krakoa, Resurrection and mutant biotech), as she must have probably already tried in Life 9 with the Chimeras. So she's not just removing Nimrod from the equation, but she wants mutants to work together as one now. Plus Charles introduced the new variable of Resurrection, also bringing Sinister in though.
    The race to reach Novissima first I'm not so sure about. Ascendancy means they all get assimilated into a techno-organic civilization and lose what they are. Even the Librarian was questioning if that was a good idea or not when the time came to be absorbed into the Phalanx. Which seemed like the 'human' side of himself that wants to remain an individual struggling against the Machine that they have engineered into themselves that wants to become a part of a higher Machine power.

Not that the comics will ever reach that period of time but I'd think if they managed to either become the dominant species in the solar system or find a way to co-exist with humanity to the x3 point in time they'd evade/resist/eventually go to war with the Phalanx to preserve their corporeal existence.
    Last edited by JamJams; 10-09-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    I still think HOPOX is the origin story of the deadliest X villain ever- MOIRA
    I don't really think she is a villain. She is just desperate to find a way to save her people.

I do think she is doomed and that at this point a part of Moira would welcome it if someone could kill her and prevent her from resurrecting again.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    Remember the original promo poster showed Cable with the gun Forge created that takes away mutant powers. I think I smell Moira’s eventual fate.

Nevermind. I see other people already mentioned this.
    Either that or spoilers:
    Mystique if what is told in the issue of their refusal to bring back Destiny who can foil their plans with her powers.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I do think she is doomed and that at this point a part of Moira would welcome it if someone could kill her and prevent her from resurrecting again.
    Moira already found a mutant cure (that's why Destiny stopped her). She could give herself the cure and then kill herself at any time.

Alternatively, she could kill herself now and then kill herself before her powers manifest. She knows how to stop the cycle of resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    So I'm calling it now, I expect by the end of hickmans run on xmen for some hope and optimism to be restored to mutant & human relations.
    100% agreed. This is what I think will come about when Hickman is done as well. HOX/POX is only the beginning of a long journey.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    No, Neanderthals + Neanderthals give you Neanderthal. Human + Human will give you mutant with more frequency. Then humans inevitable will eventually mate with mutants.

The point of the Mutants is that is a foregone conclusion, i dont need to adapt, my son will do or my grandson.

We are not getting defeated by a better species, is humanity chapter 2. Mutants are scary at personal level, you dont want to cross your path with Apocalypse but neither with other monsters.

The way i see it, humanity stance in this topic is bad writing.
    I believe thats what this very issue refutes. Mutants are not the inevitable evolution of mankind but rather a response to an environment, as all mutation is. Once technology becomes advanced enough, genetic manipulation makes mutants the obsolete species on a genetic dead end. Of course, mutants can use technology themselves to advance their own evolution which we can already see happening on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 10-09-2019 at 02:06 PM.

I need to clarify something because right now Moira is one of the characters that i despise the most in this run. The whole thing about her dying and reset the reality, whats the meaning?? Because it looks like she is a walking plug, the moment that a new writer decides that he have enough we get a "oficial retcon", not knowing which things the will keep the same, which future stories will have no value.

I would like to be more trusted in all of this, i like the setting and the intentions but Hickman is still pushing the dead horse of Humanity vs Mutant (at least in my opinion).

Moira being almost the origin of everything is a little letdown. I dont know where to put the focus seriously.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-09-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I agree Mystique has a back-up plan. In the MotherMold mission, she snuck a flower unto that station- either that is a quick escape plan for the future, or she didnt really die in space, & there are 2 Mystiques now...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I need to clarify something because right now Moira is one of the characters that i despise the most in this run. The whole thing about her dying and reset the reality, whats the meaning?? Because it looks like she is a walking plug, the moment that a new writer decides that he have enough we get a "oficial retcon", not knowing which things the will keep the same, which future stories will have no value.

I would like to be more trusted in all of this, i like the setting and the intentions but Hickman is still pushing the dead horse of Humanity vs Mutant (at least in my opinion) and going to

Moira being almost the origin of everything is a little letdown. I dont know where to put the focus seriously.
    The truth of DC/Marvel comics is that you can never be sure what is canon and what is not since writers are always creating retcons. This existed long before Moira X and will exist without her.

Also, the BIGGEST reveal of this issue is that Moira is not behind everything in the 616. Xavier and Magneto have had their own plans and their own goals separate from her and this very issue they even tell her to take a back seat to them and let them drive. So rest assured that Moira is not behind everything thats happened in xmen history nor will she be in the future.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 10-09-2019 at 02:10 PM.

BANNED

Hickman is using the Man-Machine Ascendancy to talk about stuff like "Why are X-Men persecuted in a world of Fantastic Four?" and so on.

The FF, Spider-Man and other Marvel heroes are precursors to Homo Novissima, a species that isn't part of natural evolution in response to environment but represents mankind's final accumulated control and mastery of the environment. The mutants are the last gasp of the natural world confronting the machine world.

Which is a new on everything...from Sentinels, to the X-Men's cold war with the other Marvel Heroes, and their sense of existential dread...being both the next linear step in evolution and yet coming in on the cusp of when science and technology could solve evolution permanently.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but Eva and Magik though differently are able to see the future so what's the difference between them and Blindfold or Destiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I believe thats what this very issue refutes. Mutants are not the inevitable evolution of mankind but rather a response to an environment, as all mutation is. Once technology becomes advanced enough, genetic manipulation makes mutants the obsolete species on a genetic dead end. Of course, mutants can use technology themselves to advance their own evolution which we can already see happening on Krakoa.
    If i understand correctly, this is because Humanity simply dont accept the mutants so they become machines out of spite.
    Genetic manipulation cannot make the mutants obsolete because they can do that too, besides we already have in 616 present humans which have powers but werent born mutant.

Example, some Spiderman villains posses abilities beyond the average mutant, and most of them are just accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Excuse me if I'm wrong but Eva and Magik though differently are able to see the future so what's the difference between them and Blindfold or Destiny?
    Clearly none but Destiny have learned about Moira's true existence and so her mutant power and her past lives are still hidden from all other precogs. Destiny also seems to be able to see Moira in her visions even when she reboots her life. So I think this sets Destiny perhaps as a step ahead of other precogs in how strong her power is. What Moira fears is everyone learning that mutants are doomed in all the lives she lives. She fears everyone would have the same pessimism that Moira herself clearly has. Its likely to cause exterme reactions as well such as a mutant going on a rampage like Magneto did in life #8.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 10-09-2019 at 02:18 PM.

eva and magik have to travel to the future, while destiny sees it from the present

How do they know what future they travel to each time they do it? There are many different.