Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I wanna see Moira chilling out with Galactus, swapping stories. Give me that mini.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Oh damn. That ending made me sad, while HoX's ending had made me ecstatic.

Nice confirmation that this is Life 10 too.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I enjoyed it to. In fact I found this issue to be better than some of the issues promoted as “big deals.” The X3 era reveal clarified the race for the future continues. Moira is also revealed to be a very dark character who, as “tether” for reality, presents a huge risk to everyone.

Going forward, is it more important for all to make sure Moira’s “one truth” is maintained and rules everyone’s purpose? Or is it more important for everyone who is invested in reality to find a way to decouple from Moira’s experience and find their own way? I guess we’ll see...
    This is a huge setup for Moira and creates infinite possibilities as to how Xavier and Magneto deal with her, because she's paradoxically the greatest danger to the peace that would never have been possible without her.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I wanna see Moira chilling out with Galactus, swapping stories. Give me that mini.
    Which brings up the question, why was Moira still alive 1,000 years in the future in Life 6? Genetic manipulation? At any rate, I loved the Librarian's motivation for setting in motion the next reset. I had wondered if everyone was truly cool with being absorbed into the Phalanx intelligence and losing their individuality.

BANNED

Not as stellar as the others, but a really good issue. And I got the whole thing spoiled to me LMAO

So, Phalanx life is Life 6 as a lot of posters here guessed. I assume Moira survived because she got some hefty blood donations from Logan, as the Librarian seems to mean.

Mutants are still the next step in evolution, but humans hate them so much they decided to become something else. Amazingly ironic. It also opens up a possibility about the drugs, as someone pointed out on Reddit. Xavier is giving humans means of prolonging and improving their lives and, therefore, perhaps mitigating the need for them to become Homo novissima.

I gotta say that I love Moira here. Her whole characterization is well done and you can tell she's exhausted and has little patience for Charles and Erik's theatrics. It's kind of disturbing to know that she actually went out of her way to make sure Charles and her could produce Legion and Proteus, but I guess many were expecting that.

The explanation for the council works. Although cliché, the reasoning for keeping Sinister, Mystique and Exodus close enough is solid. Of course, keeping Destiny dead will only spell trouble. Same for Sinister. He somehow knows. Maybe he had a precog at his disposal before, but he definitely knows what Moira was up to and got ahead of her.

I'm guessing, however, that Moira is allied with Wolverine without Charles and Erik knowing. He's a repeated factor in two of her lives and is the one who most clearly voiced his disagreements with Charles and I don't think that's accidental. So, X-Force might be a tool for Moira to reach some of her goals. Which one, is hard to say.

As for the blacked out segments of Moira's journal, there has to be some mystery about Charles still. Since there are two hidden entries, and Charles resetted his brain twice, so those things might be linked.

9/10, overall.

Entry 35: last line says spoilers:
    "I am just as bad as th"
    end of spoilers

I think we're going to see really soon what was written here.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Which brings up the question, why was Moira still alive 1,000 years in the future in Life 6? Genetic manipulation? At any rate, I loved the Librarian's motivation for setting in motion the next reset. I had wondered if everyone was truly cool with being absorbed into the Phalanx intelligence and losing their individuality.
    Wasn't it hinted that Wolverine's blood was keeping her alive? That's why it was said that they had the same blood type.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

So does this mean that Moira essentially kills an entire reality every time she dies? How does that work?

Seeing the X-Men cover with Mystique on that was revealed at Comicon, I get a feeling that Raven is going to start wrecking havoc on Krakoa.

She's going to murder Moira so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Nice catch!

I noticed something interesting when reading over the data on the following pages...

Each Dawn of X title gets it's own "upcoming" page with data right above the "next" in Krakoan which seems to indicate 1 of 6.

Could all of the Dawn of X titles be stealth mini's or am I missing something obvious?

Attachment 88075
    I think you're right. I'd say it's the number of books coming, but the numbers are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So does this mean that Moira essentially kills an entire reality every time she dies? How does that work?
    It does and I wasn't expecting that. She's strong as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Entry 35: last line says spoilers:
    "I am just as bad as th"
    end of spoilers

I think we're going to see really soon what was written here.
    Check out Entry 52: I think the text in the last sentence somehow got copied over the redacted bit in Entry 35.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Exactly. It's like being succeeded by your offspring, Mutants are humanity's offspring. It's a natural process and for some reason humans see this as extinction but decide to do the same thing anyway via technology.

It's just so stupid and makes no sense.
    Becoming the thing you fear the most is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    This is a huge setup for Moira and creates infinite possibilities as to how Xavier and Magneto deal with her, because she's paradoxically the greatest danger to the peace that would never have been possible without her.
    Well said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It does and I wasn't expecting that. She's strong as ****.
    But that doesn't really mean she's strong. It just makes me wonder how you would even deal with her. Plus, she's implied to only have so much time left and she's running out of reincarnations.

I do not know why Moira is not rated as an Omega. Her power is godlike, if she is reseting the entire reality each time she dies.
    So Moira imprinted Magneto with the idea of Avalon and Genosha, and both Legion and Proteus were planned. Cold. Makes one wonder about Polaris.