Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    he is explaining how unreasonable that hatred can be.

I see it all the time, I work with several people who are Muslim, they are great people, they know I am gay, they talk to me, they have lunch with me, we even talk about politics. They even admit that there are a lot of extremists in different Muslim countries, just like I can admit there are a lot of white Christian or alt-right extremists too.

But I have this one woman I used to be friends with, and every time we got together she would go on long rants about how Muslims were evil incarnate and how they were infiltrating our society so they can bring in Sharia law, and how they had rape gangs going around and raping women all over the world. I tried to reason with her, I tried to tell her that the extremists are not the majority of all Muslims, that most Muslims are just normal people who want to go about their day. But she would just go on and on how they were secretly evil and plotting against us and that I was being indoctrinated to see them as harmless. I stopped talking to her after that, the vitriol of hate and racism was actually frightening, and I could almost feel the hate emanating off her when I was in her presence.

I grew up with a 2nd cousin who I was really close to, and I always knew his parents were quite racist, but they were family, so I usually kept my mouth shut to keep the family peace. One day they started spouting off about Jewish people and how Jewish people were taking over everything, buying everything, taking everyone's jobs. I couldn't take it anymore, I just spouted out suddenly, "You know what I wish, I kind of wish that we could take all the members of the Nazi's, KKK, and Aryan Nations, put them up against a wall and use a firing squad to kill every last one of those evil racist disgusting excuses for human beings." To say that I was persona non grata after that is an understatement. Haha!

My 2nd cousin and I stayed moderately close, but then one day he went on this long hour long rant against Muslims and Jewish people, and it was the same as that girl, the vitriol and hate coming out of his mouth was so intense it almost made me sick. After that I didn't want to spend time with him every again, because he honestly scared me.
    You see that a lot coming from people who are RABIDLY anti-Trump. They say things like 'every single person who voted for/supports Trump is a racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynist and a thoroughly garbage person/human/Nazi.' It actually ALWAYS follows that word order, like it's some sort of creepy mantra they repeat. I live in rural farm country where MOST people voted for Trump, and it was largely over jobs/economy and things like insurance premiums and deductibles going sky high while being mandated to have it and not really being able to even get any benefit from something costing a fortune and still paying for all their healthcare out of pocket.

You try telling that to any of 'them' it's like talking to a rage-filled, hate-filled wall that only wants to hate, demonize and attack. It's bad enough when it's just words but when you see videos of people getting spat on, beaten, or having their vehicle set on fire over a cap, t-shirt or bumper sticker... and the people who do it see nothing wrong with it because they are fighting 'pure evil' and on the 'right side of history'. They don't see half our country as human beings, just demons and monsters. It's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    You see that a lot coming from people who are RABIDLY anti-Trump. They say things like 'every single person who voted for/supports Trump is a racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynist and a thoroughly garbage person/human/Nazi.' It actually ALWAYS follows that word order, like it's some sort of creepy mantra they repeat. I live in rural farm country where MOST people voted for Trump, and it was largely over jobs/economy and things like insurance premiums and deductibles going sky high while being mandated to have it and not really being able to even get any benefit from something costing a fortune and still paying for all their healthcare out of pocket.

You try telling that to any of 'them' it's like talking to a rage-filled, hate-filled wall that only wants to hate, demonize and attack. It's bad enough when it's just words but when you see videos of people getting spat on, beaten, or having their vehicle set on fire over a cap, t-shirt or bumper sticker... and the people who do it see nothing wrong with it because they are fighting 'pure evil' and on the 'right side of history'. They don't see half our country as human beings, just demons and monsters. It's scary.
    You see a lot of people that are rapidly anti-Trump because of kids caged at the border, Kurds getting slaughtered, LGBT people getting their rights taken away, and about a million other things. But the thing that pisses off people the most is that Trump was completely honest about who he was. "Grab them by the pussy" and all that. It wasn't that people voted for the red R, it's that people looked at someone who said that, mocked people with disabilities, openly brags about cheating on his three wives, and has been sued over 3,000 times in the state of New York alone... and thought he was the person for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

Err if someone is comparing you to a Nazi so much you're upset it's a good chance there some Notso Nuanced Nazi qualities. kinda why it's curious how people can vilify X-Men. Human groups like ORCHIS are literally building tools to exterminate mutants. For some unseen crime the mutants are constantly guilty of.
    Tooootally not saying the posts comes close to Nazi level rhetoric...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You see a lot of people that are rapidly anti-Trump because of kids caged at the border, Kurds getting slaughtered, LGBT people getting their rights taken away, and about a million other things. But the thing that pisses off people the most is that Trump was completely honest about who he was. "Grab them by the pussy" and all that. It wasn't that people voted for the red R, it's that people looked at someone who said that, mocked people with disabilities, openly brags about cheating on his three wives, and has been sued over 3,000 times in the state of New York alone... and thought he was the person for them.
    Lawwwwd This. Post. Gives. Me. Everlasting. Life.
    Thank you and I apologize
    GrindrStone(D)

Enough political talk. Back on topic please
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I return to the forum after a weekend away and for a second I thought this was alternatehistory.com; over there are rules against dropping current politics in ANY discussion but it still happens.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.