Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    He still took down Carnage, no matter who is behind the suit. That's a pretty big feat.
    he took down Carnage its a win. Norman is basically acting like Cassidy anyway pre-Gredal so u can give him this feat
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    It is a big feat, as Spider-Man has had even less success standing toe to toe against Carnage than Venom.

Am I the only one who would want to see a Carnageified Kindred?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he took down Carnage its a win. Norman is basically acting like Cassidy anyway pre-Gredal so u can give him this feat
    Exactly. If anything, Spencer is showing Spider-Man to be the badass that he can be, and I'll be grateful for that.

That monologue Peter has before taking down Norman is the prime reason why I love Spider-Man comics.
    Agreed, awesome monologues are awesome.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    ...Cynthia von Doom was a good person and she was there...Marvel hell doesn't follow rules of moral judgment.
    She had dealings with Mephisto, unlike Gwen (to our knowledge), which is why she ended up in Hell. Nice try to rationalize your theory but the situations are not similar in any way lol.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-09-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    ...Am I the only one who would want to see a Carnageified Kindred?
    I'd be down for that.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-09-2019 at 07:24 PM.

BANNED

Good issue. I'm waiting for the big swerve with Kindred, though. Spencer is practically screaming that he's Harry and putting it up in big neon lights so there has to be some kind of surprise behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Good issue. I'm waiting for the big swerve with Kindred, though. Spencer is practically screaming that he's Harry and putting it up in big neon lights so there has to be some kind of surprise behind it.
    Someone mentioned in the "Decoding Kindred" thread that it may not be the "who", but the how. I think that's Spencer's MO with this title: we know who it is (Kraven's reveal in "Back to Basics", Kraven dying in Hunted getting replaced by his clone son) but the how: how does this happen? Does it make sense?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I feel like the only other character at this point who could kind of work as a swerve is Liz Allan.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Called so by Mysterio. Which only implies that Mysterio thinks Kindred's a guy.
    Mysterio also knows his real name, which does help to point out that Kindred really is a man.

Of course, there are names that can be used by both sexes, but I'm not sure how many Spidey characters have these kinds of names, and Gwen isn't one of them.

Then again, this could have a nice twist, like Mysterio only knowing Kindred's last name, then it could be fitting to be Gwen, "Stacy" would leave the sex to be vague after all, and Mysterio could either have made a wrong guess on the sex, or he was lied to.

He still took down Carnage, no matter who is behind the suit. That's a pretty big feat.
    To be fair, it's not the real Carnage suit, and that's worth pointing out, since Carnage suit tends to get plenty of crazy powers, and Norman is at best only using claws.

Either way, those hints about Kindred... Him saying that Norman "made him who he is", the heavy focus that Harry and Norman are getting on the flashbacks, Kindred saying they'll all be "one happy family", Norman saying that Kindred is his legacy and that he's pround of him... Those hints are pointing at Harry, it's too obvious, this has to be a red herring.

Also, it's worth pointing out that in both ASM#24 and in this issue, Kindred talks about "facing the truth together", he said it to Peter in #24, also mentioned that it's something Peter did, and in #31 he said that "we all will face the truth together" after Norman is back to normal, it's not much of a hint, but "truth" seems to be a theme, something that motivates Kindred.

spoilers:
    So clearly Kindred is a reporter, and with the connections with Peter and Norman, he's clearly Ultimate MJ
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-09-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I feel like the only other character at this point who could kind of work as a swerve is Liz Allan.
    Liz being morally ambiguous is kinda overdone. It’d also put her in a weird place with Normie.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hmmm, I never considered Liz an option but come to think of it she could fit the clues. Well, other than having died and spent time in Hell, unless I've missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, it's not the real Carnage suit, and that's worth pointing out, since Carnage suit tends to get plenty of crazy powers, and Norman is at best only using claws.
    Whether it's Osborn or Kasady using the suit (whether real or Grendel-enhanced), it's still Carnage. A guy in a Carnage suit trying to kill him is a guy in a Carnage suit trying to kill him - claws or not. :P Plus, either way, he's Peter's archenemy, so that's even better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Mysterio also knows his real name, which does help to point out that Kindred really is a man.

Of course, there are names that can be used by both sexes, but I'm not sure how many Spidey characters have these kinds of names, and Gwen isn't one of them.

Then again, this could have a nice twist, like Mysterio only knowing Kindred's last name, then it could be fitting to be Gwen, "Stacy" would leave the sex to be vague after all, and Mysterio could either have made a wrong guess on the sex, or he was lied to.

Either way, those hints about Kindred... Him saying that Norman "made him who he is", the heavy focus that Harry and Norman are getting on the flashbacks, Kindred saying they'll all be "one happy family", Norman saying that Kindred is his legacy and that he's pround of him... Those hints are pointing at Harry, it's too obvious, this has to be a red herring.

Also, it's worth pointing out that in both ASM#24 and in this issue, Kindred talks about "facing the truth together", he said it to Peter in #24, also mentioned that it's something Peter did, and in #31 he said that "we all will face the truth together" after Norman is back to normal, it's not much of a hint, but "truth" seems to be a theme, something that motivates Kindred.

spoilers:
    So clearly Kindred is a reporter, and with the connections with Peter and Norman, he's clearly Ultimate MJ
    end of spoilers
    Could Norman be Peter's father?

I enjoyed the story but the only thing that bugged me was the Spidey vs Norman/Carnage encounter. Physically it’s just impossible for Spider-Man to best the symbiote this way no matter how far deep he digs for strength. That part bugged me. There’s a time and place for the hero overcoming the odds and digging deep to win angle but this wasn’t it. Just seemed too simple From Spencer especially considering the insane amount of durability that The carnage symbiote possesses. That part just didn’t sit well with me.

Loved the entire conversation between Kindred and Norman. Yes I know all signs are pointing towards it being Harry but I still think Spencer is making it too obvious right now and I could still see some sort of twist being done.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I enjoyed the story but the only thing that bugged me was the Spidey vs Norman/Carnage encounter. Physically it’s just impossible for Spider-Man to best the symbiote this way no matter how far deep he digs for strength. That part bugged me. There’s a time and place for the hero overcoming the odds and digging deep to win angle but this wasn’t it. Just seemed too simple From Spencer especially considering the insane amount of durability that The carnage symbiote possesses. That part just didn’t sit well with me.

Loved the entire conversation between Kindred and Norman. Yes I know all signs are pointing towards it being Harry but I still think Spencer is making it too obvious right now and I could still see some sort of twist being done.
    Well to be fair, this isn’t the original Carnage symbiote and Carnage is spreading himself thin by giving everyone and anything a piece of the symbiote. Spider-Man probably beat Norman easily because it’s not at full strength. Besides, Peter and Ben once beat the tar out of Carnage single handedly back in spectacular Spiderman 217 because of how weak Cletus was from the Ravencroft security in his cell.

And this kindred crap is probably going to drag on until issue 50 which most likely won’t be until at least next August or september id this bi monthly release schedule continues. I don’t think i’ll Care by then.