Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Well to be fair, this isn’t the original Carnage symbiote and Carnage is spreading himself thin by giving everyone and anything a piece of the symbiote. Spider-Man probably beat Norman easily because it’s not at full strength. Besides, Peter and Ben once beat the tar out of Carnage single handedly back in spectacular Spiderman 217 because of how weak Cletus was from the Ravencroft security in his cell.

And this kindred crap is probably going to drag on until issue 50 which most likely won’t be until at least next August or september id this bi monthly release schedule continues. I don’t think i’ll Care by then.
    Personally I thought it was bad writing when Peter and Ben did that as well back then lol.

I completely agree with you though on this Kindred situation. If it stretches that long I hope that I can still be interested. Personally I’ve never been a fan of long slow reveals. Some of the luster is fading just a bit with the Harry implications as well. I was hoping for something a little more Mephisto/OMD connected with Kindred and I was probably in the minority with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could Norman be Peter's father?
    Only if Sins Past is back in canon. Amazing Spider-Man could become the most twisted comicbook in stores
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I enjoyed the story but the only thing that bugged me was the Spidey vs Norman/Carnage encounter. Physically it’s just impossible for Spider-Man to best the symbiote this way no matter how far deep he digs for strength.
    But it wasn't the "proper" Carnage symbiote. Nor was Cletus the one wearing it. If it had been, then it would be a different story. Its like when Maniac was controlling people during Venom Inc by using parts of the symbiote. That's not taking anything away from what Peter achieved, mind you.

We also have to remember that Spidey did get an asist in this. Kindred had one of his bugs crawl into Norman's ear (Ceti Eel style from Wrath Of Khan.) That encounter seems to be at a point just prior to Absolute Carnage. It probably allowed Norman to partially break free from Carnage's sway or even caused him enough pain at a precise moment so as to allow Peter to get one up on him.

Kindred has a vested interest in Peter staying alive. Can't very well have Peter be killed by anyone else. Especially Norman.

I enjoyed the story but the only thing that bugged me was the Spidey vs Norman/Carnage encounter. Physically it’s just impossible for Spider-Man to best the symbiote this way no matter how far deep he digs for strength. That part bugged me. There’s a time and place for the hero overcoming the odds and digging deep to win angle but this wasn’t it. Just seemed too simple From Spencer especially considering the insane amount of durability that The carnage symbiote possesses. That part just didn’t sit well with me.

Loved the entire conversation between Kindred and Norman. Yes I know all signs are pointing towards it being Harry but I still think Spencer is making it too obvious right now and I could still see some sort of twist being done.
    Yeah, unless the Grendel spawn is pointed out to be wack compared to real symbiotes (Which would need further explanations because that wouldn't make much sense), then Spidey beating Norman doesn't make sense if you compare to the rest of symbiotes fights.

At the very least though, Spidey finished Norman off by hitting him, not the symbiote, but the problem is that symbiotes have strong healing, so even if Peter knocks down Norman, then he shouldn't stay down...

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    And this kindred crap is probably going to drag on until issue 50 which most likely won’t be until at least next August or september id this bi monthly release schedule continues. I don’t think i’ll Care by then.
    Yeah, I'm also imagining that Spencer will milk it until #50, specialy if what Kindred said is true about all of them "facing the truth together", and we'd have to wait for Norman to go back to normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Only if Sins Past is back in canon. Amazing Spider-Man could become the most twisted comicbook in stores
    Sins Past stopped being canon? I think BND showed it was still around, but it never got mentioned again, which doesn't really mean it isn't canon anymore lol.

Sins Past is in that ambigous terrain were sometimes it’s acknowledged and other times it’s completely ignored, so I don’t know if it counts or not as canon. I mean, Clone Conspiracy doesn’t negate it, but that nor Gwen nor Peter mentioned it is pretty weird. Sins Past is the schodinger’s cat of continuity
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Sins Past is in that ambigous terrain were sometimes it’s acknowledged and other times it’s completely ignored, so I don’t know if it counts or not as canon. I mean, Clone Conspiracy doesn’t negate it, but that nor Gwen nor Peter mentioned it is pretty weird. Sins Past is the schodinger’s cat of continuity
    Gabriel and Sarah Stacy have shown up since. Gabriel, in particular, turned up post Brand New Day around the time of Dark Reign. Like any story, it is there if writers wish to revisit/build off of it.

I know Sins Past is a storyline most would like to see left in the past, but Marvel continuously refers to OMD and we just had a storyline where the entire catalyst was provided by Clone Saga 2: Electric Boogaloo. I'd wager those ones are just as derisive as Sins Past.

I don't honestly think I care whether the symbiote was weakened or who's controlling it or any of that. Spider-Man beat Carnage. Peter beat Norman Osborn, his arch enemy. Good enough for me. All else is arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Gabriel and Sarah Stacy have shown up since. Gabriel, in particular, turned up post Brand New Day around the time of Dark Reign. Like any story, it is there if writers wish to revisit/build off of it.

I know Sins Past is a storyline most would like to see left in the past, but Marvel continuously refers to OMD and we just had a storyline where the entire catalyst was provided by Clone Saga 2: Electric Boogaloo. I'd wager those ones are just as derisive as Sins Past.
    I know that Gabriel showed up in American Son, but if a writer wants to retcon it, they have Secret Wars by Hickman as an excuse. I know that Sins Past is canon as it hasn’t been oficially retconned, but the omission of it for years, especially with Clone Conspiracy, make it seem as if it wasn’t canon anymore. It’s true that if a writer wants to do something with it, the story is still available

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    But it wasn't the "proper" Carnage symbiote. Nor was Cletus the one wearing it. If it had been, then it would be a different story. Its like when Maniac was controlling people during Venom Inc by using parts of the symbiote. That's not taking anything away from what Peter achieved, mind you.

We also have to remember that Spidey did get an asist in this. Kindred had one of his bugs crawl into Norman's ear (Ceti Eel style from Wrath Of Khan.) That encounter seems to be at a point just prior to Absolute Carnage. It probably allowed Norman to partially break free from Carnage's sway or even caused him enough pain at a precise moment so as to allow Peter to get one up on him.

Kindred has a vested interest in Peter staying alive. Can't very well have Peter be killed by anyone else. Especially Norman.
    This makes more sense to me. I guess I can kind of go along with that....Kindred weakening Norman and the symbiote creating a bit of a loophole for Spider-Man to win. Still feel that it’s kind of reaching and a bit of a stretch though.... Writers slip up all the time when it comes to fights and power levels fluctuate to Make a writers job easier. I guess you could call it lazy convenient writing in a sense. That being said Spencer’s run has been so good that’s he allowed a slip up or two in my book.
    Last edited by RD155; 10-09-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

I know that Gabriel showed up in American Son, but if a writer wants to retcon it, they have Secret Wars by Hickman as an excuse. I know that Sins Past is canon as it hasn’t been oficially retconned, but the omission of it for years, especially with Clone Conspiracy, make it seem as if it wasn’t canon anymore. It’s true that if a writer wants to do something with it, the story is still available
    Pretty sure it is. Unless somebody comes along and says otherwise. Marvel hasn't actually done as such yet, either. I think it falls into that area pre-OMD where the actual details of it are rather murky. Given the uproar, I assume Marvel is treating it like a bastard step-child. Retconning it would require a writer to actually revisiting it. Better to leave it alone and hope nobody remembers.

I didn't mind Sins Past. People hate how it depicted Gwen. But it gave her a character flaw that she didn't have before and made her more three dimensional. I'm a nice guy in real life, but I've made mistakes that I regret making. We are human after all. Gwen was too wholesome. It is why Stan allowed her to be killed off in the first place. She didn't have the edge to make her compelling. MJ did. Dying was the best thing ever did because it elevated her mythical status. A revered figure everybody loved and adored.

Besides, the silverlining to Sins Past is that it made Norman that much more of a bastard and permanently cemented him as Peter's true nemesis. Nobody, not even Venom or Doc Ock, have given Peter as much grief as Norman has. Whenever the two clash, it is always personal. Peter isn't the type of person to besr grudges and often makes peace with those he opposes (Venom, Ock, Flash etc.) But he never has, nor will he ever, forgive Norman for what he has done to him.

Astonishing Member

This makes more sense to me. I guess I can kind of go along with that....Kindred weakening Norman and the symbiote creating a bit of a loophole for Spider-Man to win. Still feel that it’s kind of reaching and a bit of a stretch though.... Writers slip up all the time when it comes to fights and power levels fluctuate to Make a writers job easier. I guess you could call it lazy convenient writing in a sense. That being said Spencer’s run has been so good that’s he allowed a slip up or two in my book.
    It might not be. But I thought that is why the Kindred parts are juxtaposed with what's currently going on (besides continuing a prominent plot thread since #1.) If it transpired the way I hope it did, it is pretty clever on Spencer's part because, not only did he not allow his plans for Amazing to get sidelined by a major crossover event, he made it so that they flowed together. One informing the other. Most writers don't do that much these days. So I am glad Spencer made it all work and not have to sacrifice one for the other.

Slott said when Clone Conspiracy came out that he and Marvel were basically acting as if the story never happened.

It's like Avengers 200, there may be that odd random reference to it, but ultimately majority of the people working there are going to ignore it.

Kindred promised that he and Pete would be all alone together but now he wants to include Norman which is kimda hot but idk if it's what I want from Spider-Man.

I feel like Harry is bait since he pushes it so hard but doesn't say it however that may be because that story's already been done and I don't think that's worth the hype.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I don't honestly think I care whether the symbiote was weakened or who's controlling it or any of that. Spider-Man beat Carnage. Peter beat Norman Osborn, his arch enemy. Good enough for me. All else is arbitrary.
    Yeah but "Spidey beat a bootleg Carnage" doesn't mean as much as "Spidey beat Carnage" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah but "Spidey beat a bootleg Carnage" doesn't mean as much as "Spidey beat Carnage" lol.
    Read my post again. I couldn't care less. And bootleg Carnage? Get real. If you saw Carnage coming at you, claws ready to kill, the danger is still very real. All this other talk is just typical fanboying.