Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Amazing Spiderman 31

Dope issue and I can confidently say that Kindred is a form of Harry Osborn. Also battle damaged characters in any fiction is cool(goku has it best) but battle damaged Spidey is just as great
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That monologue Peter has before taking down Norman is the prime reason why I love Spider-Man comics.

BANNED

Totally Gwen.

The longing for hatred and revenge both Peter and Norman just doesn't fit Harry...

And for Norman to refer to Kindred as his legacy in a comic that talks about how Norman always won since he killed Gwen...well that's definitely his legacy.

As is the notion that Norman would laugh at the idea of a Gwen returning becoming a psycho killer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Totally Gwen.

The longing for hatred and revenge both Peter and Norman just doesn't fit Harry...

And for Norman to refer to Kindred as his legacy in a comic that talks about how Norman always won since he killed Gwen...well that's definitely his legacy.

As is the notion that Norman would laugh at the idea of a Gwen returning becoming a psycho killer.
    I hope since that has bad fanfiction written all over it.

Totally Gwen.

No. It's not Gwen. She wouldn't be in Hell to begin with.

Side note: this may be the first time that Spider-Man singlehandedly took down Carnage by himself. No assist, no weapons, just him. That's incredibly awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Side note: this may be the first time that Spider-Man singlehandedly took down Carnage by himself. No assist, no weapons, just him. That's incredibly awesome.
    He took down Osborn Carnage, not actual Carnage though.

Cynthia von Doom was a good person and she was there...Marvel hell doesn't follow rules of moral judgment.

Cynthia von Doom was a good person and she was there...Marvel hell doesn't follow rules of moral judgment.
    Kindred is a he/male.

He referred to Gwen in the 3rd person. He is also a killer. He is also familiar with the various Spider-people who did not surface until long after Gwen died.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Kindred is a he/male.
    Called so by Mysterio. Which only implies that Mysterio thinks Kindred's a guy.

He referred to Gwen in the 3rd person.
    Palpatine - "I have no doubt this boy is the son of Anakin Skywalker"
    Vader - "How is that possible"
    Palpatine - "Search your feelings."

He is also a killer.
    As were Jason Todd and Bucky when they came back from the dead.

He is also familiar with the various Spider-people who did not surface until long after Gwen died.
    The afterlife gives you time to catch up...

He took down Osborn Carnage, not actual Carnage though.

He still took down Carnage, no matter who is behind the suit. That's a pretty big feat.

Palpatine - "I have no doubt this boy is the son of Anakin Skywalker"
    Vader - "How is that possible"
    Palpatine - "Search your feelings."

As were Jason Todd and Bucky when they came back from the dead.

The afterlife gives you time to catch up...
    Jack, it's clear that you really want it to be Gwen, and I cannot understand why.

Someone hasn't watched The Good Place.

BANNED

Jack, it's clear that you really want it to be Gwen, and I cannot understand why.
    I fully accept that it's possible that I am wrong and off-base on this. This is just my guess. I think ASM #30-31 provides no reason to discount Gwen so my theory is still alive. That's all I am saying.

As for why it can't be Gwen...why do only men come back from fridged victims to becoming badass villains before having a redemption arc or so?

Mysterio also knows their real name, and I'm pretty sure he'd be able to know that "Gwen" is a dude's name.

Not that saying its impossible to get around the pronoun issue, Menace was also referred to as a he before being revealed to be Lily, but I don't think Mysterio supposedly not knowing is the good evidence.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

He still took down Carnage, no matter who is behind the suit. That's a pretty big feat.
    It is a big feat, as Spider-Man has had even less success standing toe to toe against Carnage than Venom.

Am I the only one who would want to see a Carnageified Kindred?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."