Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The importance of Sinister making chimeras long before the were "supposed" to exist.

The Diary Entries, mention them losing Magneto... yet he is still there. Is that really Magneto?

I joked on a previous issue about Xavier rebooting himself when his conscience kicks in, but maybe it's something like that? Like a constant rewind to being at his most nihilist. Plus that knowledge makes it hard to believe that the X-men haven't been tampered in some form.

Something tells me that Moira & Sinister are eventually going to be revealed to be working together in some capacity

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    The Diary Entries, mention them losing Magneto... yet he is still there. Is that really Magneto?
    Thats a reference to Xmen #1 through the genocide at Genosha where X and Mags were enemies again. Seems that Mags gets back on board with Moira and X after the Genocide and Xorneto.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Something tells me that Moira & Sinister are eventually going to be revealed to be working together in some capacity
    I don't think that's the case, rather it's just that Sinister knows about Moira. Remember he's been around for a long time and was even her professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think that's the case, rather it's just that Sinister knows about Moira. Remember he's been around for a long time and was even her professor.
    Not right now, as in when the story is taking place. But she seems uneasy about Magneto/Xavier now, and them going off-script. So I feel like she already knows Sinister will screw things up, so she might as well go with the one person she can predict WILL backstab her to try and prevent it. Seeing as how Xavier was already too dumb to figure it out.

yeah, I think he might make a move to kidnap her and put her in stasis. Sinister would love to have Moira's power because he could use it to reset/reshape the timeline to his own whims.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Not right now, as in when the story is taking place. But she seems uneasy about Magneto/Xavier now, and them going off-script. So I feel like she already knows Sinister will screw things up, so she might as well go with the one person she can predict WILL backstab her to try and prevent it. Seeing as how Xavier was already too dumb to figure it out.
    Sinister could have read her mind, her DNA, or both.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    waitasec, so if all this is Moira's 10th life and that's been the life we've been reading since Uncanny X-Men 1, then are we to believe that Xavier and Magneto have known about this since then?
    Xavier learning about Moira's past lives in Oxford before he founded the school doesn't make sense at all. He then has petty fights with Joe MacTaggert, goes to the Korean War, then wanders around Israel and Tibet?

I think we should ignore the Year One designation entirely.

This is not at all what Hickman is intending, but we fans have been fixing X-Men writers' mistakes for decades. I propose: Charles and Moira met in Oxford as before, and Charles didn't learn Moira's secret. Charles learned it circa UXM 150 (around when Magneto started becoming good), then we immediately have Moira and Charles recruiting Magneto around UXM150. Magneto later writes Moira's story off as a lie circa 1991's Mutant Genesis after the revelation she altered his DNA, making him lose trust in her.

Moira fakes her death in 2000's Dream's End crossover.

Xavier is shot in the head by Bishop in 2008's Messiah Complex crossover. Afterwards he is walking around and amnesiac for quite a while. This is when the believed dead Moira approaches him in the fair scene, and why he doesn't remember her. Then he reads her mind and remembers her, later gets his memories back, dies in the Phoenix 5 incident, is resurrected in Astonishing, and here we are.

Yeah it's not at all what Hickman intends, but until he says otherwise about that fair scene, it works.

Sinister could have read her mind, her DNA, or both.
    It was implied that Moira is TP resistant. She is able to hide from all but Destiny. Xavier was able to read her mind bc she allowed it and working directly with him, would have allowed her to strengthen those defenses even further

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was implied that Moira is TP resistant. She is able to hide from all but Destiny. Xavier was able to read her mind bc she allowed it and working directly with him, would have allowed her to strengthen those defenses even further
    He could still have learned that from her DNA.

He could still have learned that from her DNA.
    learned what? Her DNA tells him nothing about what she's experienced

Fantastic Member

Default Something I don't understand about Moira X...

Powers of X #6 shows Moira alive in the far future during her sixth life. How is it that Moira is still alive? Her power is reincarnation not eternal youth. How did she live so long for so many years?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Powers of X #6 shows Moira alive in the far future during her sixth life. How is it that Moira is still alive? Her power is reincarnation not eternal youth. How did she live so long for so many years?
    It's implied that Wolverine gave her blood transfusions since they share the same blood-type and this blood ended up giving her his healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Xavier learning about Moira's past lives in Oxford before he founded the school doesn't make sense at all. He then has petty fights with Joe MacTaggert, goes to the Korean War, then wanders around Israel and Tibet?

I think we should ignore the Year One designation entirely.

This is not at all what Hickman is intending, but we fans have been fixing X-Men writers' mistakes for decades. I propose: Charles and Moira met in Oxford as before, and Charles didn't learn Moira's secret. Charles learned it circa UXM 150 (around when Magneto started becoming good), then we immediately have Moira and Charles recruiting Magneto around UXM150. Magneto later writes Moira's story off as a lie circa 1991's Mutant Genesis after the revelation she altered his DNA, making him lose trust in her.

Moira fakes her death in 2000's Dream's End crossover.

Xavier is shot in the head by Bishop in 2008's Messiah Complex crossover. Afterwards he is walking around and amnesiac for quite a while. This is when the believed dead Moira approaches him in the fair scene, and why he doesn't remember her. Then he reads her mind and remembers her, later gets his memories back, dies in the Phoenix 5 incident, is resurrected in Astonishing, and here we are.

Yeah it's not at all what Hickman intends, but until he says otherwise about that fair scene, it works.
    That could definitely work as an alternate to the fair scene. But it doesn't necessarily need to be changed because it does make sense as-is.
    When Xavier read her mind (and when he did the same for Magneto) they both lived 9 lives and a couple thousand years worth of photographic memories. Not just vague recollection of important events, Moira's whole memories and whole lifetimes, even the mundane stuff. He and Magneto would have information overload from so many memories and would just have the vague normal recollection of what they saw: Moira lived a long time, many lives and mutants lost in every single life.
    Xavier and Magneto would each pick up on small tidbits the other would overlook, like Magneto picking up on the concept of 'mutant strongholds'. But with life being life even with the vague foreknowledge the decisions they have made through the years still make sense because, unlike Moira, they are working with the bigger picture and not the the whole.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've been thinking about Moira's journal entry 17 and what it could mean for her and Charles' other relationships. Were Moira x Banshee and Xavier x Amelia Voght established in an attempt to produce useful offspring, or were Proteus and Legion considered enough and relationships after their conception were genuine?

And then there is Xavier, Lilandra, and Xandra. Xandra was mentioned in Life 9, so she has appeared in earlier timelines, but is her conception in the current timeline intentional or incidental? And if it is intentional, is because of her potential abilities, or to solidify relations with the Shi'ar in case mutants need to make another emergency exodus from Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    - What's the harm in letting Destiny in on the secret? Surely having a precon that can warn Moira and the gang that enemies are plotting something is a nice thing to have around.
    Destiny is no friend of Moira's! Re-read House of X #2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman