Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default HOX/POX Unanswered Questions Thread

Post 'em

Just a few off the top of my head:

- Why hide Prof X's face

- Did Prof X "fake" his death in AvX? Is the "Man Called X" still out there? Did he really leave the discovery and recruitment of key resurrection mutants like Goldballs and Hope just to chance and Cyclops?

- Are the Jean and Cyclops that returned pre-HOX #1 the sames ones we see in HOX#1 or were they resurrected in the interim? If not, whats up with these more obedient and seemingly malleable Jean and Scott (and Logan?)

- What does Moira do with all her free time?

- The duplicate "and then..." panel.

BANNED

How do Krakoan drugs work? Xavier said they were discovered by mutant scientists. Does Elixir just spit in cups and they ship it off to the rest of the world.

More specifically how does the cure for every mental illness drug work, how does Xavier plan to distribute it considering the moral questions of what's considered mental illness, how should it be treated, who decides who's mentally ill and who decides a cure is needed. I don't expect that to be adressed but Im ready to be positively surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    How do Krakoan drugs work? Xavier said they were discovered by mutant scientists. Does Elixir just spit in cups and they ship it off to the rest of the world.

More specifically how does the cure for every mental illness drug work, how does Xavier plan to distribute it considering the moral questions of what's considered mental illness, how should it be treated, who decides who's mentally ill and who decides a cure is needed. I don't expect that to be adressed but Im ready to be positively surprised.
    Well, they currently have 4 mutants(that I know of) with crazy regenerative/healing abilities, maybe that somehow factors into it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

They derive them from the flowers grown on Krakoa. The one for diseases of the mind would be things like Alzheimer's and maybe ALS (not sure if that would be covered by the drug that cures influenza and cancer).

How did Xavier get everyone to fall in line? Why are they calling him sir.

my question is if xavier met moira before starting the X-men, all these years, fightig against magneto, he was faking? or is that what moira writes about about him being a hardead and magneto lost?
    also why not telling all mutants the truth? that this is the only way to ensure mutantkind's survival?
    and still I think everyone acts out of character (everyone but sabertooth, who got the boot) even knowing what moira knows, I know many of them wouldn't be willing to cooperate, specially some villains, crazed mutants or just angry ones.
    and wth is Jean using her marvel girl outfit? that makes no sense, erases lot of character development and infantilizes her. not to mention it's a fashion faux pas since the 70s. Is it because Xavier has been ressurecting an earlier more compliant version of her?

where is Shortpack?

Quote Originally Posted by craybest View Post
    also why not telling all mutants the truth? that this is the only way to ensure mutantkind's survival?
    I think she is just trying to be cautious. She knows how Xavier and Magneto will react because she has already showed them the truth in the past, but who knows how the rest would react. It's too much of a risk.

waitasec, so if all this is Moira's 10th life and that's been the life we've been reading since Uncanny X-Men 1, then are we to believe that Xavier and Magneto have known about this since then?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    waitasec, so if all this is Moira's 10th life and that's been the life we've been reading since Uncanny X-Men 1, then are we to believe that Xavier and Magneto have known about this since then?
    I would agree that everyone in and out of the books it saying that is the case.

The 'absurdity' of it is what keeps me thinking this is not the case. I won't argue with people about it, as I am 'probably wrong', but I do get the impression there are plenty of people out there who feel it does not really fit with past stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Post 'em

Just a few off the top of my head:

- Why hide Prof X's face

- Did Prof X "fake" his death in AvX? Is the "Man Called X" still out there? Did he really leave the discovery and recruitment of key resurrection mutants like Goldballs and Hope just to chance and Cyclops?

- Are the Jean and Cyclops that returned pre-HOX #1 the sames ones we see in HOX#1 or were they resurrected in the interim? If not, whats up with these more obedient and seemingly malleable Jean and Scott (and Logan?)

- What does Moira do with all her free time?

- The duplicate "and then..." panel.
    it sounds like Moira has her own private portal to a city like Paris or Madrid or Milan, she said she can go to one of the citie's of mankind with the best retaurants in the world any time.
    That sounds risky to me, if she travels freely through a city, she can be kidnapped, or killed in a car crash, or by thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would agree that everyone in and out of the books it saying that is the case.

The 'absurdity' of it is what keeps me thinking this is not the case. I won't argue with people about it, as I am 'probably wrong', but I do get the impression there are plenty of people out there who feel it does not really fit with past stories.
    Yup, this is my biggest gripe with all of this. There have been plenty of times Mags could have turned around and leveraged the knowledge of Moira's existence and plan to hold a power play over the X-Men when they pissed him off for the 47billionth time. He likely even knew about her husk form when she was in hiding.

Otherwise for me...

- Are the "pod versions" of our heroes the "best versions" of them which is why Scott has two eyes and Jean seems to appear like her young pre-phoenix self. Who makes the call what the "best version" is?

- If Life 6 was the knowledge that humanity created the sentinels as a distraction while they worked on the long game, why does Moira spend Lives 7-9 trying to kill Sentinels and not the humans responsible for the tech that gives them evolutionary perfection?

- What's the harm in letting Destiny in on the secret? Surely having a precon that can warn Moira and the gang that enemies are plotting something is a nice thing to have around.

- If things like AvsX happened in at least one other of Moira's lives... why didn't she do more to prevent these things from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    - If Life 6 was the knowledge that humanity created the sentinels as a distraction while they worked on the long game, why does Moira spend Lives 7-9 trying to kill Sentinels and not the humans responsible for the tech that gives them evolutionary perfection?
    There were hardly any single group of humans that planned it all. It was just how it worked out, much like Sentinels and AI are also developed without the Trasks.

Were Moira and Logan having sexual relations for all those years?, Was the blue pervert/inquisitive watching? Whats the meaning of the moral of that story? Ah, Don't answer, I think I know

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    There were hardly any single group of humans that planned it all. It was just how it worked out, much like Sentinels and AI are also developed without the Trasks.
    Sure, makes sense... however now that the Mother Mold is a non-issue for the time being, you know darn well that we're going to see strike squads show up on a lab door looking for someone whose just come up with some "huge breakthrough" every now and again.