Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Destiny is no friend of Moira's! Re-read House of X #2.
    Speaking of which, Moira herself may not be as benevolent as she is leading Xavier and Magneto to believe. Destiny can easily call her out on anything underhanded she might be planning

Fantastic Member

yeah I get the feeling this Moira plot .... her goals aren't so idealistic.

I think she's paranoid and just probably crazy by this point. manipulative too.

Charles and Erik seem on the right path.... but surely they have contingency plans for Mystique and Sinister...

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    yeah I get the feeling this Moira plot .... her goals aren't so idealistic.

I think she's paranoid and just probably crazy by this point. manipulative too.

Charles and Erik seem on the right path.... but surely they have contingency plans for Mystique and Sinister...
    Charles and Erik on the right path? LOL no

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/201...moira-journal/

This has a great breakdown of Moira's journal entries.

So... was it said in one of the other issues that she’s a mutant that doesn’t detect as a mutant? Also, how did the Shadow King not know after the influence he had over everyone on Muir Island for quite a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Xavier learning about Moira's past lives in Oxford before he founded the school doesn't make sense at all. He then has petty fights with Joe MacTaggert, goes to the Korean War, then wanders around Israel and Tibet?

I think we should ignore the Year One designation entirely.

This is not at all what Hickman is intending, but we fans have been fixing X-Men writers' mistakes for decades. I propose: Charles and Moira met in Oxford as before, and Charles didn't learn Moira's secret. Charles learned it circa UXM 150 (around when Magneto started becoming good), then we immediately have Moira and Charles recruiting Magneto around UXM150. Magneto later writes Moira's story off as a lie circa 1991's Mutant Genesis after the revelation she altered his DNA, making him lose trust in her.

Moira fakes her death in 2000's Dream's End crossover.

Xavier is shot in the head by Bishop in 2008's Messiah Complex crossover. Afterwards he is walking around and amnesiac for quite a while. This is when the believed dead Moira approaches him in the fair scene, and why he doesn't remember her. Then he reads her mind and remembers her, later gets his memories back, dies in the Phoenix 5 incident, is resurrected in Astonishing, and here we are.

Yeah it's not at all what Hickman intends, but until he says otherwise about that fair scene, it works.
    As far as his petty attitude towards Joe... just because he knew that Joe+Moira might equal a mutant they needed, he had also fallen in love with Moira and he was still a young man with real emotions, so we can say that would be his base reaction to it, knowing full well that it was still necessary. Just because it has to happen doesn't mean it didn't suck for him to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/201...moira-journal/

This has a great breakdown of Moira's journal entries.
    Thank you for sharing! I haven't read some of these back issues in quite some time, so it is nice to see exactly where they line up.

Hickman did a great job lining his plans up with already established continuity.

Glad the Moira + Joe = Kevin thing was resolved.

The Amahl Knows Everything thread is still hanging, and it's unclear whether it will be addressed. Though the Proteus situation suggests it's probably at least been thought about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I've been thinking about Moira's journal entry 17 and what it could mean for her and Charles' other relationships. Were Moira x Banshee and Xavier x Amelia Voght established in an attempt to produce useful offspring, or were Proteus and Legion considered enough and relationships after their conception were genuine?

And then there is Xavier, Lilandra, and Xandra. Xandra was mentioned in Life 9, so she has appeared in earlier timelines, but is her conception in the current timeline intentional or incidental? And if it is intentional, is because of her potential abilities, or to solidify relations with the Shi'ar in case mutants need to make another emergency exodus from Earth?
    So all Xavier wanted to test his DNA aganist Jean. He's not in love with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Well, they currently have 4 mutants(that I know of) with crazy regenerative/healing abilities, maybe that somehow factors into it.
    Well, the healing blood doesn't fix the "berserker rages" or the "needing to kill to get the glow" of some of those regenerative mutants, which would be kind of important mental illnesses you'd want to treat, I should think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Were Moira and Logan having sexual relations for all those years?, Was the blue pervert/inquisitive watching? Whats the meaning of the moral of that story? Ah, Don't answer, I think I know
    I wouldn't be surprised. Wolverine has a vast, tangled web of lovers and former lovers that's almost too absurd to list. There's a reason why the notion of him having a stable relationship with any woman almost seems out of character for him. Remember, this is a guy who hooked up with Squirrel Girl. Is it really THAT much of a stretch to think that he hooked up with Moira at some point?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

In one interview Hickman said that there would be 92 mutants in House of X and Powers of X and 91 villainous mutants. Which mutant was the one that wasn't a villain according to Hickman's interview?

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    In one interview Hickman said that there would be 92 mutants in House of X and Powers of X and 91 villainous mutants. Which mutant was the one that wasn't a villain according to Hickman's interview?
    Mags maybe?

Hickman also admitted to lying when talking about the books so I wouldnt lose any sleep on this

Of course Namor. Hickman thinks that everyone were excited to read him the most.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-10-2019 at 11:45 PM.