Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default It's a MARVEL INVASION Bay-Bee!

Alrighty, I'm bored and been drinking so let's do a fun thread.

The following Marvel teams invade the following places with the following loadouts and the following objectives... the following...

Comic versions for all I guess?

1) Immortals Need To Stop
    Mission: Defeat the UQ Holder in its entirety.
    Team: Dr Strange, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Nova, Thor, Jack of Hearts, Wonder Man, Vision, Captain Universe Spiderman, Quicksilver, Adam Warlock and Kang the Conqueror
    Setup: No prep beyond basic parameters of the Numbers, they get warped in on the outskirts of the island base. The UQ get one minute of warning. The warning gives basic parameters of each member of the opposing team. Can they defeat the immortals?!

2) Put the Peak in Peak Human and Don't Skip Leg Day
    Mission: Kidnap Tokugawa Mitsunari
    Team: Captain America, Black Widow, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Falcon and Wolverine.
    Setup: The team get dropped into the Bakiverse and half 48 hours of observation only. After 48 hours have elapsed, the primary cast of Baki will be notified that Tokugawa is going to be kidnapped and they have 3 hours to take defensive preparations. They are motivated by the strange knowledge that they will get a cool fight if they try to protect Tokugawa. Marvel team member must touch Tokugawa for five minutes uninterrupted for "extraction" to take effect. Can the Marvel team extract Tokugawa?

3) Oh No A Spiral
    Mission: Survive for three weeks
    Team: Jessica Jones, Matt Murdoc, Captain America and Ms Marvel.
    Setup: The team are told nothing. They are given the ability to fluently speak Japanese. They may not leave Kurozu-cho until the deadline is met. Does anyone turn into a sPiRaL?!?!

4) You'll Never Penetrate My Fortress of Many Doors
    Mission: Assassinate Kibutsuji Muzan
    Team: Wolverine, Storm, Jubilee, Cyclops, Colossus, Shadow Cat, Nightcrawler, Banshee and Beast.
    Setup: The team are told they must locate and assassinate Kibutsuji Muzan. Muzan is told that they exist and if he stops them then the Demon Slayer Corps will cease to exist. Can they kill the creator of all demons?!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    1) Immortals Need To Stop
    Mission: Defeat the UQ Holder in its entirety.
    Team: Dr Strange, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Nova, Thor, Jack of Hearts, Wonder Man, Vision, Captain Universe Spiderman, Quicksilver, Adam Warlock and Kang the Conqueror
    Setup: No prep beyond basic parameters of the Numbers, they get warped in on the outskirts of the island base. The UQ get one minute of warning. The warning gives basic parameters of each member of the opposing team. Can they defeat the immortals?!
    What version of Strange? Classic? Current?

2) Put the Peak in Peak Human and Don't Skip Leg Day
    Mission: Kidnap Tokugawa Mitsunari
    Team: Captain America, Black Widow, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Falcon and Wolverine.
    Setup: The team get dropped into the Bakiverse and half 48 hours of observation only. After 48 hours have elapsed, the primary cast of Baki will be notified that Tokugawa is going to be kidnapped and they have 3 hours to take defensive preparations. They are motivated by the strange knowledge that they will get a cool fight if they try to protect Tokugawa. Marvel team member must touch Tokugawa for five minutes uninterrupted for "extraction" to take effect. Can the Marvel team extract Tokugawa?
    I am not hugely sanguine on the Marvel Team taking this one. Their opponents are ridiculous, here.

Cap somehow beats up Retsu.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Cap beats Retsu because his shield has an edge to it. Ends when Cap accidentally decapitates him ... somehow.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    What version of Strange? Classic? Current?
    Let's say current.

I am not hugely sanguine on the Marvel Team taking this one. Their opponents are ridiculous, here.
    They are capable of being a lot more tactical and stealthy than the average Baki person.

Cap somehow beats up Retsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cap beats Retsu because his shield has an edge to it. Ends when Cap accidentally decapitates him ... somehow.
    I'm so proud. I didn't even have to prompt you guys XD

I can see a image in Uzmski where Marvel tries to shape shift so no spirals but she mutates and stretches out into one in pain and stuff ( in that serious, a Eldar force under city awakens, spiral absorb town and goes back to sleep. Rinse and repeat, like a true lovecraft piece.)

Edit: Said Eldar shape thing did **** like eat hurricanes and shrunk/dragged a galaxy to Earth to blow a guy’s head off too.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 10-09-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, unless they came at the very end, they should be able to least for 3 weeks in Uzumaki, just from a statistical standpoint, as it took years for everything to come crashing down.

Let's say current.
    Current Strange is still roughly on par with Clea. And capable of not instantly dying when an annoyed Galactus shoots at him. And capable of duking it out with Dormmamu without instantly dying (I mean, same deal, he's going to lose, but still).

They are capable of being a lot more tactical and stealthy than the average Baki person.
    I'm iffy on that making a huge difference for the simple fact that the Marvel team needs to take an objective. This means they just sit on Tokugawa, basically, and the Marvel team must come to them. It's possible that Hawkeye might have explosives big enough to ruin their day, but he's also dealing with 'Cannot kill Tokugawa' in this situation.

I'm so proud. I didn't even have to prompt you guys XD
    Had to be said, eh?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Current Strange is still roughly on par with Clea. And capable of not instantly dying when an annoyed Galactus shoots at him. And capable of duking it out with Dormmamu without instantly dying (I mean, same deal, he's going to lose, but still).
    Ooh, sounds like he's been making some gains! Good for him!

The UQ Holder have some pretty broken stuff though. I was, firstly, a little drunk when I made the fight and second, decided to try and err on the side of powers on all sides. I mean, the blitz alone from UQ Holder is extremely nasty to do deal with.

I'm iffy on that making a huge difference for the simple fact that the Marvel team needs to take an objective. This means they just sit on Tokugawa, basically, and the Marvel team must come to them. It's possible that Hawkeye might have explosives big enough to ruin their day, but he's also dealing with 'Cannot kill Tokugawa' in this situation.
    This is true. However, the Baki team are (and I'm being generous here) not the most strategic dudes in the world and they'll be looking for a fight. There's some solid tacticians in the Marvel team who might be able to come up with something tricky.

Had to be said, eh?
    RIP in peace Retsu Kaioh's reputation.

Ooh, sounds like he's been making some gains! Good for him!

The UQ Holder have some pretty broken stuff though. I was, firstly, a little drunk when I made the fight and second, decided to try and err on the side of powers on all sides. I mean, the blitz alone from UQ Holder is extremely nasty to do deal with.
    I know they're fast. The trick is getting through Strange's shields and so forth. Especially when there are other people around.

Sadly, I don't know enough to say whether or not they CAN get through Strange's shields.

Hm. Where to peg Stephen's shields, currently. Okay. Dormmamu is stronger than someone who casually (!!!) shoots through the entire planet in order to blow the crap out of the Ancient One. Current Strange does not immediately fold in front of Dormammu's attacks, while noting that Furnace Face is his better.

How's that for a starting comparison?

This is on top of all of the others, some of whom...*squints*...I think might have some hefty superspeed (QS absolutely).

This is true. However, the Baki team are (and I'm being generous here) not the most strategic dudes in the world and they'll be looking for a fight. There's some solid tacticians in the Marvel team who might be able to come up with something tricky.
    It's possible (and I would have gone with the Baki team mostly being a bunch of idiots, buuuuut). On the other hand, it's kinda tricky to enact a cunning plan when your opponent is caving in your face.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-10-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Why are we here?

I know they're fast. The trick is getting through Strange's shields and so forth. Especially when there are other people around.

Sadly, I don't know enough to say whether or not they CAN get through Strange's shields.

Hm. Where to peg Stephen's shields, currently. Okay. Dormmamu is stronger than someone who casually (!!!) shoots through the entire planet in order to blow the crap out of the Ancient One. Current Strange does not immediately fold in front of Dormammu's attacks, while noting that Furnace Face is his better.

Strange is definitely comfortably more powerful than anyone in UQ Holder.

But I'm not sure sheer durability really matters against Juzo, who's been demonstrated to cut through intangible concepts, magical effects, curses, attempts to teleport him and other such nonsense, all equally easily.

It was some of the laziest writing ever, but in term of his feats his opening chapter did a pretty good job of demonstrating that his "My sword can cut through everything." deal isn't complete hyperbole.

By which I mean that his opening chapter is going up against "I'm invincible for three seconds.", "Any attack made against me misses.", "I can teleport you elsewhere.", "Magic forcefield.", "I'm an intangible ghost." and so on and he just slashes through all of it.
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-10-2019 at 09:52 AM.

So, this comes down to esoteric stuff.

Juzo Shishimi has the ability to cut through anything. Like that's his whole gimmick. Things he had cut through:

- Intangible ghosts
    - Magical shields
    - Telekinesis power
    - The body of someone who was cursed by god to be completely immortal and therefore impossible to damage.
    - The body of someone whose magic was supposed to make him totally invincible to all forms of attack for three seconds.

He also states that he's able to cut through concepts as well. If anyone can beach the shields, it'll be him.

Also there is Jinbei whose whole deal is that he can freely manipulate objects in space. Effectively high level weaponised teleportation. It's entirely possible that he could just warp people outside of Strange's shields to get around them that way.

Why yes, I have made another thread that involves excessive amounts of anime shenanigans. It's v on brand for me.

It's possible (and I would have gone with the Baki team mostly being a bunch of idiots, buuuuut). On the other hand, it's kinda tricky to enact a cunning plan when your opponent is caving in your face.
    I figure they might be able to come up with plan that allows them to avoid the majority of the face punching XD

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Strange is definitely comfortably more powerful than anyone in UQ Holder.

But I'm not sure sheer durability really matters against Juzo, who's been demonstrated to cut through intangible concepts, magical effects, curses, attempts to teleport him and other such nonsense, all equally easily.

It was some of the laziest writing ever, but in term of his feats his opening chapter did a pretty good job of demonstrating that his "My sword can cut through everything." deal isn't complete hyperbole.

By which I mean that his opening chapter is going up against "I'm invincible for three seconds.", "Any attack made against me misses.", "I can teleport you elsewhere.", "Magic forcefield.", "I'm an intangible ghost." and so on and he just slashes through all of it.
    So, this comes down to esoteric stuff.

Juzo Shishimi has the ability to cut through anything. Like that's his whole gimmick. Things he had cut through:

- Intangible ghosts
    - Magical shields
    - Telekinesis power
    - The body of someone who was cursed by god to be completely immortal and therefore impossible to damage.
    - The body of someone whose magic was supposed to make him totally invincible to all forms of attack for three seconds.

He also states that he's able to cut through concepts as well. If anyone can beach the shields, it'll be him.

Also there is Jinbei whose whole deal is that he can freely manipulate objects in space. Effectively high level weaponised teleportation. It's entirely possible that he could just warp people outside of Strange's shields to get around them that way.

Why yes, I have made another thread that involves excessive amounts of anime shenanigans. It's v on brand for me.
    Okay, so that's sounding bad for Strange. These days, Strange kind of has something similar -- a sword that cuts through energy, space, that kind of thing -- but it doesn't sound like it's on the same level.

Now, Strange's shields are meant to operate against magic and reality warping and such, so I guess it's possible that if they're more powerful than anything this guy has cut (assuming he hasn't actually cut concepts, because if he has, at that point it's getting into existential weirdness beyond the norm for such weirdness), the guy can't cut them. But I wouldn't bet on it; this sword sounds like it's pretty hefty.

How's the guy doing for speed and movement ability?

I figure they might be able to come up with plan that allows them to avoid the majority of the face punching XD
    My issue with this is that the hard counter to most possible plans is 'We are sitting on Tokugawa; victory conditions force you to come to us, and the face punching™ commences.'
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-10-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

And capable of not instantly dying when an annoyed Galactus shoots at him.
    Can you provide scans, an issue number, or context on that one? I ask because "takes a hit from someone massively above them who isn't really trying" isn't generally a great feat, since there's usually no way of knowing how much power was put into the attack. See Thor vs the Celestials ruling. Or the whole Magneto/Galactus Secret War nonsense. By contrast, when Beta Ray Bill got blasted by Galactus, it razed the surface on half the planet behind him, which gives us a pretty good benchmark for the damage Bill withstood there. Or when Thanos fought Odin, Odin started off by throwing out attacks that one shot the Silver Surfer.

So I'm just curious where this particular feat falls on that spectrum.

How's the guy doing for speed and movement ability?
    Massively multimach I would pitch.

Guy effortlessly smacks down nine multimach level speedsters and cuts bullets fired at close range in half all in the same instant.

My issue with this is that the hard counter to most possible plans is 'We are sitting on Tokugawa; victory conditions force you to come to us, and the face punching™ commences.'
    Now, I don't want to sound like I'm underestimating the Baki team but are they really smart enough to think of something so simple and effective? I mean, really?!

I feel like they will default to a segmented tournament setup where each of them holds a key to the door that houses Tokugawa because they must put their strength on the line.

Now, I don't want to sound like I'm underestimating the Baki team but are they really smart enough to think of something so simple and effective? I mean, really?!
    If Retsu is involved and there's any kind of weapon. No.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan