The synopsis for this issue can be written rather simply: Diana goes to confront Cheetah equipped with the anti-Godkiller serum that she got from Veronica Cale. However, Cale seems to be double-crossing Diana, and the serum seems to level up the Godkiller instead. End with cliffhanger.

Merino is on art in this issue, and to me it's a mixed bag. He handles many of the quiet moments well, but to me the action scenes lack fluidity, and also loses some of the emotional resonances in the expressions.

But the real beauty here is in Wilson's ongoing narration for Diana's thoughts. It doesn't follow any metrical or rhyming pattern, but also feels much more like poetry than prose. Take for example:

She is lying.
I hear no accomplices
lying in wait.
See no hidden explosives.

She is alone.
She does not know
Veronica Cale has given me the means
to separate her from her weapon…
There is only a single rhyme (and it can be argued it is a half-rhyme), but note how the two stanzas sort of mirror each other in content, where Cheetah being alone is referenced in the first verse, and then said right out in the second, and how the hidden weapon is mentioned as first not belonging to Cheetah, and then said to belong to Diana. Every word is carefully selected, both for its semantics and for its sounds. Not often you get a comic in free verse.