View Poll Results: What did you think of Wonder Woman #80?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

1 5.56%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

2 11.11%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

4 22.22%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️

6 33.33%
  • ⭐️

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Omg thank you. I thought I was going insane. Like, what kind of last issue was this? lol.
    The kind someone writes who never showed a great handle on the title character to begin with.

Once again, Diana goes the entire issue never even mentioning her lasso. Her most prized possession, and it never even occurs to her to wonder what Cheetah did with it.

Or more precisely, it never occurs to GWW that Diana would want to know where it is.

Gail Simone handled this situation so much better, it’s hard to believe I’m reading the work of someone being paid to write Wonder Woman.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I thought this issue was good. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Cheetah and Veronica Cale have been playing Diana all of this time. It makes sense now why Cale was able to hit Cheetah with her dart instead of her just getting "lucky". I also liked how Cheetah bragged about her power-level being in Diana's league which helps to cement her formidability in the DCU. The art was pretty good as well although I'm not sure why Diana was depicted with the sword strap when she doesn't even have her sword any more. The brown really clashes with the other colors in her costume and makes it look too color-busy.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I thought this issue was good. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Cheetah and Veronica Cale have been playing Diana all of this time. It makes sense now why Cale was able to hit Cheetah with her dart instead of her just getting "lucky". I also liked how Cheetah bragged about her power-level being in Diana's league which helps to cement her formidability in the DCU. The art was pretty good as well although I'm not sure why Diana was depicted with the sword strap when she doesn't even have her sword any more. The brown really clashes with the other colors in her costume and makes it look too color-busy.
    Does it though? Considering how lacklustre Diana’s performance has been in this run, it’s not that high a bar.

Hell, Harley could probably take her.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Spectacular Member

Hell, Harley could probably take her.
    She did, in Heroes in Crisis...

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    LOL, good point, now I'm sad...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Sorry about that, sometimes canon is not the best but we still have to stick with it...I wasn't delighted either

Extraordinary Member

I meant Harley could take down Cheetah.

For exactly that reason.

Spectacular Member

Well, if she can take down batman, superman and wonder woman at the same time...

What if Harley Quinn replaces Wonder Woman!?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

I´m scared the reason to split Diana and Steve is, probably, to pair her with son/daughter of Aphrodite. I hate to say it, but Steve... kinda he´s right. Wonder Woman is too focus on herself lately...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I´m scared the reason to split Diana and Steve is, probably, to pair her with son/daughter of Aphrodite. I hate to say it, but Steve... kinda he´s right. Wonder Woman is too focus on herself lately...
    I disagree. The problem has been how much the writer is NOT focussed on Wonder Woman lately.

Fantastic Member

The writer didn't have a clue on how to write WW!! The only thing the writer wanted to focus on was all the support characters!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-19-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Fantastic Member

Well, if she can take down batman, superman and wonder woman at the same time...
    That was BS!! DC should be ashame of themselves for allowing that to be printed!! BS!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-19-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    That was BS!! DC should be ashame of themselves for allowing that to be printed!! BS!!
    I feel the same way. Also feel the same about Deathstroke taking down so many members of JL in Identity Crisis (but that story has so many other bad things, too).

Spectacular Member

I agree but here it is...