View Poll Results: What did you think of Wonder Woman #80?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

    1 5.56%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

    2 11.11%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

    4 22.22%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️

    6 33.33%
  • ⭐️

    5 27.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Omg thank you. I thought I was going insane. Like, what kind of last issue was this? lol.
    The kind someone writes who never showed a great handle on the title character to begin with.

    Once again, Diana goes the entire issue never even mentioning her lasso. Her most prized possession, and it never even occurs to her to wonder what Cheetah did with it.

    Or more precisely, it never occurs to GWW that Diana would want to know where it is.

    Gail Simone handled this situation so much better, it’s hard to believe I’m reading the work of someone being paid to write Wonder Woman.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. - the 4th Doctor

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    I thought this issue was good. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Cheetah and Veronica Cale have been playing Diana all of this time. It makes sense now why Cale was able to hit Cheetah with her dart instead of her just getting "lucky". I also liked how Cheetah bragged about her power-level being in Diana's league which helps to cement her formidability in the DCU. The art was pretty good as well although I'm not sure why Diana was depicted with the sword strap when she doesn't even have her sword any more. The brown really clashes with the other colors in her costume and makes it look too color-busy.
    Currently Reading:Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Freedom Fighters, Gotham City Monsters, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I thought this issue was good. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Cheetah and Veronica Cale have been playing Diana all of this time. It makes sense now why Cale was able to hit Cheetah with her dart instead of her just getting "lucky". I also liked how Cheetah bragged about her power-level being in Diana's league which helps to cement her formidability in the DCU. The art was pretty good as well although I'm not sure why Diana was depicted with the sword strap when she doesn't even have her sword any more. The brown really clashes with the other colors in her costume and makes it look too color-busy.
    Does it though? Considering how lacklustre Diana’s performance has been in this run, it’s not that high a bar.

    Hell, Harley could probably take her.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. - the 4th Doctor

  4. #19
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Hell, Harley could probably take her.
    She did, in Heroes in Crisis...

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    She did, in Heroes in Crisis...
    LOL, good point, now I'm sad...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  6. #21
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Sorry about that, sometimes canon is not the best but we still have to stick with it...I wasn't delighted either

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    She did, in Heroes in Crisis...
    I meant Harley could take down Cheetah.

    For exactly that reason.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. - the 4th Doctor

  8. #23
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Well, if she can take down batman, superman and wonder woman at the same time...

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    What if Harley Quinn replaces Wonder Woman!?

  10. #25

    Default

    Im scared the reason to split Diana and Steve is, probably, to pair her with son/daughter of Aphrodite. I hate to say it, but Steve... kinda hes right. Wonder Woman is too focus on herself lately...

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Im scared the reason to split Diana and Steve is, probably, to pair her with son/daughter of Aphrodite. I hate to say it, but Steve... kinda hes right. Wonder Woman is too focus on herself lately...
    I disagree. The problem has been how much the writer is NOT focussed on Wonder Woman lately.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. - the 4th Doctor

  12. #27
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    The writer didn't have a clue on how to write WW!! The only thing the writer wanted to focus on was all the support characters!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-19-2019 at 05:46 AM.

  13. #28
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Well, if she can take down batman, superman and wonder woman at the same time...
    That was BS!! DC should be ashame of themselves for allowing that to be printed!! BS!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-19-2019 at 05:48 AM.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    That was BS!! DC should be ashame of themselves for allowing that to be printed!! BS!!
    I feel the same way. Also feel the same about Deathstroke taking down so many members of JL in Identity Crisis (but that story has so many other bad things, too).

  15. #30
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    54

    Default

    That was BS!! DC should be ashame of themselves for allowing that to be printed!! BS!!
    I agree but here it is...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •