All-New Member

Default What are your top 3 favorite film scenes from the Terminator films and why?

What are your current top 3 favorite film scenes from the 5 Terminator films released so far and please say why, for each fave film scene.

Extraordinary Member

1. Kyle and Sarah's love scene.

2. Kyle sacraficing himself.

3. Arnold's entrance in T2

4. The rose box with the shotgun.

In no particular order:
    -- The first gunfight in the Disco in "T1." Was this the first film that used the laser site on a gun? I think it might've been. SO cool at the time. And the slow-motion of Kyle and Terminator stalking Sarah (keep in mind we don't know what's really going on yet) and seeing it all explode at the disco.
    -- Sarah's escape from the mental ward in "T2". Her eyes went cold when she saw the photo of T-800 and she knew she needed to get out. So she did. It really showed how far she had come since the end of the first film when she was "just a waitress."
    -- Sarah's breakdown at Tyson's house in "T2" - she had become the real second Terminator in "T2" - cold and ruthless with a singular robotic purpose. That scene showed how far gone she had become, but she was able to come back from the brink and find her humanity.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

3. "Your clothes. Give them to me." And the ensuing fight.
    2. Nightclub fight in the original film.
    1. Terminator without flesh rising from the burning truck just before the final warehouse scene in the original film.

Not to say there weren't great moments in T2, at least, but there was just so much awesome in that first movie.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Hard because I love 1 and 2.

No order

Into the steel thumbs up from T2: Still gets me to this day.

Truck chase scene culminating in the full Terminator reveal.

"Move it Reece, on your feet soldier! ON YOUR FEET": Both because of the desperation of the situation and that it highlights what Sarah Connor would become.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

The OG movie was one long favorite scene, but the already mentioned nightclub scene was particularly good for how public it was. It ties w. the police station scene in that these are places you just don’t expect to have that sort of violence erupt.

T2, the scene below. After John’s outburst results in a bunch of would be good samaritans almost getting killed.
    Arnold delivered the line w. such a matter of fact tone, I remember the entire theater just erupting in laughter.

My absolute favorite scene for some reason, is in T2 where Arnold stands guard over the Connors; he stands perfectly immobile as the scene changes from night to morning. It was just such a subtle way of emphasizing Arnold not being human. I loved it!!!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 10-16-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Incredible Member

the first terminator scene where the naked t-800 got his iconic clothes in the bar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLb7WFAknpA

the original iconic 'i'll be back' scene at the police station.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFxaCa-hr8o

t2 - sarah escaping the asylum only to face the t-800 again in utter shock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLb7WFAknpA

“I’ll be Back”- The Original Version at the Police Station in The Terminator
    “Hasta La Vista Baby”- T2
    The Shotgun in Rosebox Scene where the T-800 meets John Conner
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

1) Terminator with the coffin full of guns, lol, just the best ever
    2) Sarah Connor blasting the liquid metal terminator over and over with the shotgun (then she runs out)
    3) The vet truck goes onto the sidewalk and runs into a big blow-up toy that squeaks
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

great scene and great movie.

BANNED

-- The first gunfight in the Disco in "T1." Also because of "the slow-motion of Kyle and Terminator stalking Sarah (keep in mind we don't know what's really going on yet) and" the way it interlaced with the music.
    -- Sarah's escape from the mental ward in "T2". Prison escapes is a subgenre favourite of mine, and this one is in a league of its own.

-- Christian Bale jumping from a plane to get into a submerged submarine, in the middle of a big storm. Really cool.

1: Terminator (1984) the police station shoot up.

2: T2 Revealing to Dyson Arnie's arm and Dyson revelation that his research dooms humanity.

3: Terminator 3 the ending the movie wasn't good but actually nuking the world was a ending I wasn't expecting so good on them.