Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
I read it. There appears to be an attempt to balance good qualities and not-so-good qualities in Doom. He respects some others but won't put up with any crap or anything approaching disrespect. He has strong examples of pettiness which went a bit too far for me, but that seems to be an aspect of Doom Marvel wants to portray.

Doom's certainly handled better than he was in Slott's story. Although I wish he had been a bit more subtle in his handling of Steve. That was my biggest problem with the issue. I'm on board for the arc anyway. Good start.
I get why they did it that way, a fast and easy way of saying "This is Doom. See him do bad things to people." But in the day and age of instant communication and more so, wouldn't it be more fun if Doom had destroyed the hapless Steve financially, went after his reputation with some well placed accusations, and then had him have a suitable "accident", all the while planting a slightly fanciful conspiracy theory that Doom was behind Steve's misfortune all along, with just enough truth behind it to look plausible, but crazy enough to keep people guessing. That would have been just so Bad to be good.

Overall, the story was good and I think it's a good start. Glad to hear that the sales were better than expected. Looking forward to more Doom!