Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So...humans built a black hole generator on the moon. Where a Krakoa outpost is located.

Coincidence?

Okay, folks, a number of deletions, so let's dial it down a notch.

Discuss the subject, not each other.

Lay off the personal insults.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I have decided to buy this. It seems silly considering what an FF fanboy I am, but I'm really trying to keep a trimmer line. However, the loss of Squirrel Girl (Doreen cancels, Victor starts? coincidence?) and Future Foundation, there is a hole in my Marvel buy list.

If IM likes it, I'm in.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Hmmm… how is the Antlion Control Center at the dark side of the Moon (as captioned moments before the attack) when the Earth is visible? And how is conventional radio communication possible?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have decided to buy this. It seems silly considering what an FF fanboy I am, but I'm really trying to keep a trimmer line. However, the loss of Squirrel Girl (Doreen cancels, Victor starts? coincidence?) and Future Foundation, there is a hole in my Marvel buy list.

If IM likes it, I'm in.
    Thanks! I hope you post your thoughts when you get a chance to read it. It's not flawless but I like where this is going. As for Squirrel Girl, I have followed it a bit and the writing is clever. Haven't read this month's issue yet. They did keep that version of Doom in his own little bubble. IIRC he was from the past, just after he first encountered SG.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So...humans built a black hole generator on the moon. Where a Krakoa outpost is located.

Coincidence?
    Makes you wonder if there will be a crossover at some point. Or maybe just a coinky dink. Isn't Nick Fury still up there as the Watcher's replacement? I've lost track of that development.

Not sure if it helps, but I really like it too, Captain!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post

Coincidence?
    Wow I hadn't noticed that.

And Tony Stark is one of the bosses in that project, that would lead to interesting frictions.

Then I would give double point to Dooms complaint they are not just doing a tikebomb dangerous close to the earth, but basically next to Krakoa, like, really?
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but I really like it too, Captain!
    That makes me feel even better about it, Abe. Iron maiden had started the thread and I did not want to get into it without having read the issue first. My LCS is shuffling stock among their stores and I should be seeing it the next time I stop by.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I had this in my box and just now read it. So it seems like this might be setting up another possible Doom redemption? The way Vic was sorta enjoying a moderately peaceful time then being framed for killing 3,000 people after criticizing the moon project seems like it's heading towards that sorta direction.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I had this in my box and just now read it. So it seems like this might be setting up another possible Doom redemption? The way Vic was sorta enjoying a moderately peaceful time then being framed for killing 3,000 people after criticizing the moon project seems like it's heading towards that sorta direction.

IMO, I think he's still got some redemption from saving what he could in SW. It was like Slott never read Infamous Iron Man and decided to use a retro version of Doom from the 1970s
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-18-2019 at 09:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Promising news so far, we'll just have to see how this is reflected in the hard numbers come November. I expect there will be some readership attrition going forward, there's always a drop in sales after a new #1. Yet if this book starts high then there’ll be a comfortable buffer in place to absorb that attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Promising news so far, we'll just have to see how this is reflected in the hard numbers come November. I expect there will be some readership attrition going forward, there's always a drop in sales after a new #1. Yet if this book starts high then there’ll be a comfortable buffer in place to absorb that attrition.
    Yes, there is always that bump in sales for a number one. I kept a spreadsheet of Infamous Iron Man sales to make a point in a thread once and at some point I'm going to compare it with this title. Infamous did get a decent promo. I remember there was quite a nice article in the Marvel Now supplement that I got at my LCS. They interviewed Bendis and Alex Maleev and had advance sketches of the new armor.

Sales for Infamous began with #1 at est 73,735 and an overall rank for the month at 23. Eventually it leveled off at the 25,000 level per month and stayed in the top 100. I think it will be tough going this month for overall ranking. Hickman's stuff will be up there, along with that special edition of Spawn and whatever Batman stuff is out there. Considering Doom #1 was a $4.99 at least that shows people weren't too put off by the price.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-19-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I hope you post your thoughts when you get a chance to read it. It's not flawless but I like where this is going. As for Squirrel Girl, I have followed it a bit and the writing is clever. Haven't read this month's issue yet. They did keep that version of Doom in his own little bubble. IIRC he was from the past, just after he first encountered SG.
    I read it. There appears to be an attempt to balance good qualities and not-so-good qualities in Doom. He respects some others but won't put up with any crap or anything approaching disrespect. He has strong examples of pettiness which went a bit too far for me, but that seems to be an aspect of Doom Marvel wants to portray.

As to the main plot, it's about freaking time some of Marvel's mega-science dudes tried to fix problems. I wonder if Doom really thinks the system on the Moon won't work or if he's just playing anti-Reed (and Tony). Doom's being framed and that in itself is a good way to go. Putting Vic in a position where he has to react eliminates a lot of the morality problems a villain book. Doom's actions were surprising, but in looking at them, I think that's probably his best bet of absolving himself of this situation.

Doom's certainly handled better than he was in Slott's story. Although I wish he had been a bit more subtle in his handling of Steve. That was my biggest problem with the issue. I'm on board for the arc anyway. Good start.