Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 89
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Noooooooo! Not Boris!

    I have to admit, I loved seeing Boris mentioned, and his kids stepping up for him.





    Please. Steve is clearly an idiot. Not just an ant, but a PICNIC ant.

    Another Doom is a possibility. But I hope not.

    I'm wondering if it is someone from Sym(can't remember how to spell it) next door?
    Symkaria? that's not really how the Symkarian government rolls. but i appreciate their gumption, if it is them. they didn't need to launch missiles, though. it's not like Doom is a good guy if you take the AntLion incident off of his record. he abducted Steve and put him in bondage gear. one picture of that could end Doom.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-10-2019 at 07:13 AM.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  2. #32
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Noooooooo! Not Boris!

    I have to admit, I loved seeing Boris mentioned, and his kids stepping up for him.





    Please. Steve is clearly an idiot. Not just an ant, but a PICNIC ant.

    Another Doom is a possibility. But I hope not.

    I'm wondering if it is someone from Sym(can't remember how to spell it) next door?
    In Cantwell's earlier interview from Marvel last month, it is a mysterious cabal that is behind it.

    He’s also up against a pretty nasty cabal lurking in the shadows, so he’s got to act as a detective in a way.
    So it is more than one person. My guess would be maybe a revival of the Intelligencia, In yesterday's interview with Newsarama, M.O.D.O.K. is mentioned. I remember Doom's time with the Intelligencia was longer than we knew going back to when Egghead was alive. He allowed them to meet in Castle Doom and he stored some of their prized catches there, like books from the library of Old Atlantis. But Doom got mad them because although we saw how they would rescue each other in tough spots, they never did the same for him. So he kicked them out and kept the goodies

  3. #33
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Symkaria? that's not really how the Symkarian government rolls. but i appreciate their gumption, if it is them. they didn't need to launch missiles, though. it's not like Doom is a good guy if you take the AntLion incident off of his record. he abducted Steve and put him in bondage gear. one picture of that could end Doom.
    Hardly.

    I have to say, I LOL on Doom's assessment of the Antlion project. It was spot on! Reed being sloppy and Stark being reckless, indeed. But even if that weren't true, and even if it doesn't apply to Doom at times, WHO thinks it is a good idea to put a BLACK HOLE on the moon??? Of course, it is going to go wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    In Cantwell's earlier interview from Marvel last month, it is a mysterious cabal that is behind it.


    So it is more than one person. My guess would be maybe a revival of the Intelligencia, In yesterday's interview with Newsarama, M.O.D.O.K. is mentioned. I remember Doom's time with the Intelligencia was longer than we knew going back to when Egghead was alive. He allowed them to meet in Castle Doom and he stored some of their prized catches there, like books from the library of Old Atlantis. But Doom got mad them because although we saw how they would rescue each other in tough spots, they never did the same for him. So he kicked them out and kept the goodies
    Ah! The Intellligencia! Yep. That would be a lot of fun. Though, given the magical guests he's talking about, it could be some thing else.

    I'm disappointed that there's no SVTU on the horizon, but hopefully in future arcs.

    Great articles! Thanks for posting them.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  4. #34

    Default

    wow. a lot of alternate facts in that post. Doom betrayed the Intelligencia. he didn't want to share the knowledge that they had collected.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hardly.

    I have to say, I LOL on Doom's assessment of the Antlion project. It was spot on! Reed being sloppy and Stark being reckless, indeed. But even if that weren't true, and even if it doesn't apply to Doom at times, WHO thinks it is a good idea to put a BLACK HOLE on the moon???
    who creates a machine to access Hell or robots that don't realize that they are robots?
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  6. #36
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who creates a machine to access Hell or robots that don't realize that they are robots?
    ????

    What does that have to do with my question?
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    ????

    What does that have to do with my question?
    the person criticizing the antlion project has done equally reckless science.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 10-15-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Don't be an ass
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  8. #38
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    66

    Default

    After reading the first issue, solid 7.5/10.

    Looking forward to reading more of the story. I'm not as familiar with Doom as some of you so a lot of these names thrown around, I'm clueless on.

  9. #39

    Default

    I so want this series to cross over with X men and Black Panther to see how nation building works in all 3 countries...does silver sable still have her country too
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

  10. #40
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the person criticizing the antlion project has done equally reckless science. i really should not have had to explain this to you.
    You don't have to explain anything to me. I just wanted to be sure that the person complaining about "Alternative Facts," was actually indulging in Trumpian "What About Itism" deflection. It doesn't matter what Doom did in the past. My point was, just like shooting the villain into the sun, or building your island nation in another country's waters, or giving the AI all your passwords, etc. -- opening a black hole on the moon falls into stupidly asking to be screwed over territory. And it was ME, not a fictional character, asking if anyone else thought the idea of putting a black hole on the moon and was a good idea.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  11. #41
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    You don't have to explain anything to me. I just wanted to be sure that the person complaining about "Alternative Facts," was actually indulging in Trumpian "What About Itism" deflection. It doesn't matter what Doom did in the past. My point was, just like shooting the villain into the sun, or building your island nation in another country's waters, or giving the AI all your passwords, etc. -- opening a black hole on the moon falls into stupidly asking to be screwed over territory. And it was ME, not a fictional character, asking if anyone else thought the idea of putting a black hole on the moon and was a good idea.
    LMAO. A Black Hole on the Moon is literally the worst idea XD and either way it would not have ended well, Kang as much said so in vague terms depending on the universe he was in so it was only a matter of time before things did go wrong. So Victor was right, however of course before everything could play out he was framed for the attack there, which only furthers making him look responsible since he openly criticized the project in the first place. Honestly how does it matter how reckless Victor has been in the past, its not like every hero has been squeaky clean with their mess ups and they have all had done something wrong with science or tech that has turned on them at some point in their comics.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    The art and color was just stunning in this. That last shot of doom standing ready to surrender. The background, everything, epic. Not sure how i feel about Doom's voice in this though or where it's going i have to read more to really decide but i think i liked it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Doom forgets he is the genius under Slott who thought it was a good idea to capture and tap Galactus as a energy source so.... Anyway the interaction between Doom and Kang was a nice touch but Kang getting concerned about Doom's state of mind does seem a tad OOC or perhaps it was just idle curiosity. This arc reminds me of the Nova arc in X-men Red and makes me wonder if Morgan Le Fay isn't behind the whole plot. Then again it can be a insurgency with victorious behind the whole conspiracy. Doom doesn't have a good track record with his ingénues.

  14. #44
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Doom forgets he is the genius under Slott who thought it was a good idea to capture and tap Galactus as a energy source so.... Anyway the interaction between Doom and Kang was a nice touch but Kang getting concerned about Doom's state of mind does seem a tad OOC or perhaps it was just idle curiosity. This arc reminds me of the Nova arc in X-men Red and makes me wonder if Morgan Le Fay isn't behind the whole plot. Then again it can be a insurgency with victorious behind the whole conspiracy. Doom doesn't have a good track record with his ingénues.
    What about Lancer? One thing I do miss is that Slott never bothered to have a meet up with Val and her Uncle Doom. That was one of the highlights of Hickman's run.

  15. #45
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    I only got to read this yesterday, and you guys have covered everything I wanted to say and more; but how did Steve's co-anchor get a pass when she mentioned the Squirrel Girl incident? Even though Doom cut-off the link someone surely tipped him off to what should be a major faux pas.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •