Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PC Darkseid vs Thanos and company

Pre Crisis Darkseid

vs

Thanos
    Silver Surfer
    Gladiator
    Morg

I'm loathe to put stips but if you think no TP makes for a better fight then you can use it.

Unless Thanos is basically stapling the three guys on his team to his body as like.. ablative armor or something, they don't really contribute anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Unless Thanos is basically stapling the three guys on his team to his body as like.. ablative armor or something, they don't really contribute anything here.
    That is quite the look. Nik we need you to draw this asap.

As to the fight, I know none of them are winning one on one but Norrin and Glads running interference for Thanos might help. They both have a huge speed advantage and can both can planet bust and in the case of Norrin has lots of esoterics to use.
    Last edited by Slade1; 10-09-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Does PC Darkseid have transmutation resistance feats?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Does PC Darkseid have transmutation resistance feats?
    No. But I don't think Norrin has feats for affecting anyone at the ridiculous level of durability this Darkseid has.

Was it you I was speaking to? About Mangog maaaybe being immune to transmutation just due to the ridiculous nature of his freakish brick body? Same idea.

After a certain point, I feel the question with transmutation has to be reversed and instead of asking "have they proven to resist it?" we should probably ask "has the transmuter used transmutation on a dude that STRONK b4??".

When the characters in question are well above standard Class 100 but not quite Skyfather is when I tend to start flipping it personally. Mileage might REALLY vary here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    No. But I don't think Norrin has feats for affecting anyone at the ridiculous level of durability this Darkseid has.

Was it you I was speaking to?
    In fact it was. Sorry. Life distractions as of late.

About Mangog maaaybe being immune to transmutation just due to the ridiculous nature of his freakish brick body? Same idea.

After a certain point, I feel the question with transmutation has to be reversed and instead of asking "have they proven to resist it?" we should probably ask "has the transmuter used transmutation on a dude that STRONK b4??".

When the characters in question are well above standard Class 100 but not quite Skyfather is when I tend to start flipping it personally. Mileage might REALLY vary here.
    Although, I suppose an argument could be made that PC Darkseid is sky father level? I suppose when you eclipse Thanos in overall raw power...

But yeah, honestly makes sense.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This made me chuckle rather a lot.

Astonishing Member

Just curious, how does the Thanos version here compare to Great Darkness Saga DS. The latter could teleport planets, blast PC Daxamites into comas, crush Kryptonian skulls (or close to it) with his hand, TP control 3 billion Daxamites. Only fled the Legion because of the ongoing wave of 3 billion annoyed PC level Daxamites. A combined energy attack of the Legion, basically just messed up his outfit.

I know Thanos has sneered at Silver Surfer energy blasts and held off Odin and Galactus with some difficulty.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He's not comparable to that, frankly.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

How would Cosmic Cube Thanos compare with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    How would Cosmic Cube Thanos compare with that?
    A cosmic cube is like a mini Infinity Gauntlet, so Thanos wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    A cosmic cube is like a mini Infinity Gauntlet, so Thanos wins.
    Oh, I know what one does. I just can’t remember what Thanos’ feats with one are.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, I know what one does. I just can’t remember what Thanos’ feats with one are.
    He forces Darksied to have a tea party with him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Morg could be a factor if he has the Waters of Life

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Morg could be a factor if he has the Waters of Life
    I suppose there's that. Alternatively it would just make him superior ablative armor. Like Thanos could strap Morg to his arm and use him as a shield.