Spectacular Member

Default Which DC issue has been reprinted the most in single issue format?

Today I picked up yet another copy of Watchmen #1, this time from the Dollar Comics line. That makes four reprints: Millennium Edition (2000), a second printing (2008), DC Essentials (2014) and now Dollar Comics (2019). It makes me wonder what DC issue has been reprinted the most number of times in the single issue format. My guess is Action Comics #1. It's had a bunch of commemorative editions. Note that this is different that asking which individual story has been reprinted the most number of times in single issues. In that case, my guess would be Batman's first appearance from Detective Comics #27. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Spectacular Member

Maybe Superman 75, the death issue.

Spectacular Member

According to my research, the only time Superman #75 was reprinted in comic book form (as opposed to part of a collection) was in the Millennium Edition line.

I looked into Action Comics #1, and it looks like the complete issue has been reprinted only four times: Famous Firsts SC (1976), Famous Firsts HC (1976), U.S. Postal Service edition (1998), and Millennium Edition (2000). All those other Action #1 special editions I pictured in my mind are thin and just reprint Superman's origin story instead of the complete issue.

So maybe the answer to my question is a tie between Watchmen #1 and Action Comics #1.