Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Steve Rogers the first homo novissima

With what we know about house of x and powers of X.

“Mutants are an evolutionary response to an environment. You are… naturally occurring. The next step in human evolution,”

“But what happens when humanity stops being beholden to its environment? When man controls the building blocks of biology and technology… Evolution is no match for genetic engineering.What good was one mutant adapting to its environment when we could make ten super men?”

So this would make Steve Rogers the first homo novissima?

Steve Rodgers is the blue print but he is still human as he was born. It says that homo novissima is a manufactured branch of humanity. Imo that implies that they are engineered to be both flesh and tech and therefore aren't human in the traditional sense. For all intents and purposes Cap is still a human that got super powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Nonmutant superheroes are basically accidental prototypes and test platforms for transhumanist engineering, anyway. If, or perhaps more like when, humanity realizes this and starts to deliberately engineer superhumans based on those superheroes' genetics so they can ultimately overcome mutants, it's gonna get grisly. As Ultimate Nick Fury said once, "The next world war will be a genetic one."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Steve Rodgers is the blue print but he is still human as he was born. It says that homo novissima is a manufactured branch of humanity. Imo that implies that they are engineered to be both flesh and tech and therefore aren't human in the traditional sense. For all intents and purposes Cap is still a human that got super powers.
    Agreed, Plus it still wouldn't have been Rogers but Isaiah Bradley.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Thanks for reminding us of Isaiah Bradley. Come to think of it, though, would enhanced humans that come from historically oppressed or marginalized groups feel all that invested in helping humanity prevail over mutants if humanity has been no kinder to their people than it was to mutants?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Isaiah Bradley would have been first. Weapon Plus Program.

Were there any others before Cap? He was Weapon I, but there was a Weapon 0 too, right?

Edited: I got ninja’d

Seems like some of what took place in Hickman's "S.H.I.E.L.D." series might have predated the Weapon Plus program.

there is the weapon plus book one shots... i wonder if will tie in to Hickman story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Thank you. Isaiah should be remembered more often.

On the topic at hand, I don't think Steve fits. Homo novissima seems to be restricted to "technology-based evolution", as in the fusion between humans a machine state. I'd say Omega sentinels are closer to Homo novissima, but they're defined by their primary, anti-mutant, directive.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

From the description of Homo novissima in this issue and the glimpse we got of humanity and the Church of Ascendancy in PoX #3 and their reaction to Karima, it seems to me that post humanity is more concerned with technology than it is biological or genetic modification. So Omega Sentinels or even Cameron Hodge would be more like prototypes of Homo novissima than anything produced by the Weapon Plus program. At least, that was my interpretation.

BANNED

Ozymandias was the first. Apocalypse altered him genetically with celestial tech.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like some of what took place in Hickman's "S.H.I.E.L.D." series might have predated the Weapon Plus program.
    Ohh can you explain please

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Ozymandias was the first. Apocalypse altered him genetically with celestial tech.
    I believe The Master chronologically predates Ozymandias.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    From the description of Homo novissima in this issue and the glimpse we got of humanity and the Church of Ascendancy in PoX #3 and their reaction to Karima, it seems to me that post humanity is more concerned with technology than it is biological or genetic modification. So Omega Sentinels or even Cameron Hodge would be more like prototypes of Homo novissima than anything produced by the Weapon Plus program. At least, that was my interpretation.
    Isn’t it all connected, weapon plus, sentinels, super-men etc? It’s all the five humanity More time

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Nonmutant superheroes are basically accidental prototypes and test platforms for transhumanist engineering, anyway. If, or perhaps more like when, humanity realizes this and starts to deliberately engineer superhumans based on those superheroes' genetics so they can ultimately overcome mutants, it's gonna get grisly. As Ultimate Nick Fury said once, "The next world war will be a genetic one."
    Weapon plus
    During the 1940s the existence of mutants was not yet known to the general public. A few individuals were aware of the coming of Homo superior and the fact that they had the potential to replace baseline humans as the dominant species of Earth. Thus Weapon Plus was created to address the so-called mutant problem. What was unknown by everyone involved in Weapon Plus is that its mastermind, John Sublime, was actually the host body for a sentient bacteria present in every living creature on the planet, save for mutants, who were genetically immune to the Sublime infection.