Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,387

    Default Steve Rogers the first homo novissima

    With what we know about house of x and powers of X.


    “Mutants are an evolutionary response to an environment. You are… naturally occurring. The next step in human evolution,”



    “But what happens when humanity stops being beholden to its environment? When man controls the building blocks of biology and technology… Evolution is no match for genetic engineering.What good was one mutant adapting to its environment when we could make ten super men?”

    So this would make Steve Rogers the first homo novissima?

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Steve Rodgers is the blue print but he is still human as he was born. It says that homo novissima is a manufactured branch of humanity. Imo that implies that they are engineered to be both flesh and tech and therefore aren't human in the traditional sense. For all intents and purposes Cap is still a human that got super powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  3. #3
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    Nonmutant superheroes are basically accidental prototypes and test platforms for transhumanist engineering, anyway. If, or perhaps more like when, humanity realizes this and starts to deliberately engineer superhumans based on those superheroes' genetics so they can ultimately overcome mutants, it's gonna get grisly. As Ultimate Nick Fury said once, "The next world war will be a genetic one."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Steve Rodgers is the blue print but he is still human as he was born. It says that homo novissima is a manufactured branch of humanity. Imo that implies that they are engineered to be both flesh and tech and therefore aren't human in the traditional sense. For all intents and purposes Cap is still a human that got super powers.
    Agreed, Plus it still wouldn't have been Rogers but Isaiah Bradley.
    Generation X Forever!!!

  5. #5
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Agreed, Plus it still wouldn't have been Rogers but Isaiah Bradley.
    Thanks for reminding us of Isaiah Bradley. Come to think of it, though, would enhanced humans that come from historically oppressed or marginalized groups feel all that invested in helping humanity prevail over mutants if humanity has been no kinder to their people than it was to mutants?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member hawkeyefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Isaiah Bradley would have been first. Weapon Plus Program.

    Were there any others before Cap? He was Weapon I, but there was a Weapon 0 too, right?

    Edited: I got ninja’d

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,240

    Default

    Seems like some of what took place in Hickman's "S.H.I.E.L.D." series might have predated the Weapon Plus program.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,806

    Default

    there is the weapon plus book one shots... i wonder if will tie in to Hickman story
    Zethrimon unblock me

  9. #9
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Agreed, Plus it still wouldn't have been Rogers but Isaiah Bradley.
    Thank you. Isaiah should be remembered more often.

    On the topic at hand, I don't think Steve fits. Homo novissima seems to be restricted to "technology-based evolution", as in the fusion between humans a machine state. I'd say Omega sentinels are closer to Homo novissima, but they're defined by their primary, anti-mutant, directive.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    From the description of Homo novissima in this issue and the glimpse we got of humanity and the Church of Ascendancy in PoX #3 and their reaction to Karima, it seems to me that post humanity is more concerned with technology than it is biological or genetic modification. So Omega Sentinels or even Cameron Hodge would be more like prototypes of Homo novissima than anything produced by the Weapon Plus program. At least, that was my interpretation.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Ozymandias was the first. Apocalypse altered him genetically with celestial tech.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like some of what took place in Hickman's "S.H.I.E.L.D." series might have predated the Weapon Plus program.
    Ohh can you explain please

  13. #13
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Ozymandias was the first. Apocalypse altered him genetically with celestial tech.
    I believe The Master chronologically predates Ozymandias.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    From the description of Homo novissima in this issue and the glimpse we got of humanity and the Church of Ascendancy in PoX #3 and their reaction to Karima, it seems to me that post humanity is more concerned with technology than it is biological or genetic modification. So Omega Sentinels or even Cameron Hodge would be more like prototypes of Homo novissima than anything produced by the Weapon Plus program. At least, that was my interpretation.
    Isn’t it all connected, weapon plus, sentinels, super-men etc? It’s all the five humanity More time

  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Nonmutant superheroes are basically accidental prototypes and test platforms for transhumanist engineering, anyway. If, or perhaps more like when, humanity realizes this and starts to deliberately engineer superhumans based on those superheroes' genetics so they can ultimately overcome mutants, it's gonna get grisly. As Ultimate Nick Fury said once, "The next world war will be a genetic one."
    Weapon plus
    During the 1940s the existence of mutants was not yet known to the general public. A few individuals were aware of the coming of Homo superior and the fact that they had the potential to replace baseline humans as the dominant species of Earth. Thus Weapon Plus was created to address the so-called mutant problem. What was unknown by everyone involved in Weapon Plus is that its mastermind, John Sublime, was actually the host body for a sentient bacteria present in every living creature on the planet, save for mutants, who were genetically immune to the Sublime infection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •