Extraordinary Member

Default Conan the Barbarian vs. Aragorn

Conan of Cimmeria takes on Aragorn, the Ranger of the North.

Conan gets his feats from the Robert E. Howard Stories, and Aragorn gets his book feats.

Bonus: They sit and talk

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So, Aragorn has all of three really good feats.

1. With Andúril, he splits a metal helm in half...also cutting the wearer's head in half.
    2. He runs for days, with little to no rest.
    3. He fights his way across a battlefield at the HEAD of his army, stops for a chat with a buddy, then continues fighting at the head of his army for the rest of the day. Wounds suffered: Zero. He then has enough left in the tank to run around doing errands that night.

I forget anything?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I know Conan can do some ridiculous stuff...Maybe? Yeah, I need to recall things. Course I only read the comics that adapted most of the stories so not sure if there are notable changes.

While Aragorn is just balls to the walls ridiculous as he can fight way beyond an average human and honestly wouldn't be that winded.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    OK, let's say the Warriors Three scrape by again!
    On to Middle Earth....
    Warriors Three vs The Fellowship Trio, aka the Three Companions, aka the
    "Three Hunters"
    Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg vs Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli

I know this is about the prose work, yet now I wish I'd thought of Conan's movie Trio vs movie Aragorn's Three Hunters Trio, as part of this ever ongoing mêlée of Trios https://community.cbr.com/showthread...28#post3521228
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-28-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, Aragorn has all of three really good feats.

1. With Andúril, he splits a metal helm in half...also cutting the wearer's head in half.
    2. He runs for days, with little to no rest.
    3. He fights his way across a battlefield at the HEAD of his army, stops for a chat with a buddy, then continues fighting at the head of his army for the rest of the day. Wounds suffered: Zero. He then has enough left in the tank to run around doing errands that night.

I forget anything?
    1. I can't remember a helm specifically but Conan chops through armor a few times with well made but it mundane weapons. REH makes note of how unusual it is for a person to be strong enough to do that, and the weapons are trashed after that.

Which is nice because that shows the author actually intended for superhuman strength rather than not understanding that armor actually blocks stuff.

He also breaks regular folk's bones like rotten wood. Broke a wild cimmerian bulls necknin his youth (aurochs?) And other such feats.

2 Conan was crucified for days, no rest. Get's cut down, nails extracted. Gets on the horse, himself, and rides to his rescuers camp many miles away. He makes references to fighting for days on end at some points, but we don't see it.
    3. Conan does be similar at various points.

Good stuff. Sounds like it's something of a fight, either way.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Conan wins, and breaks Andúril for good measure.

In all seriousness, Conan is definitely the stronger of the two, based on a quantity of strength feats. Conan wrestled wild beasts, smashed down doors, broke weapons, chopped through armor, and shoved large boulders. Aragorn is older and therefore more experienced and probably more skilled in combat. Conan likely has more speed feats, just because Conan has more feats, period, so probably a slight edge in speed. Overall, this being Rumbles, Conan probably takes this fight due to starring in a lengthy series of books, while Aragorn was more of a prominent supporting character in just a trilogy.

It's true that Aragorn doesn't exactly have a load of speedfeats.
    Why are we here?

Conan seems to have the better strength feats of the two, and I really don't see how skill is too different between them. Conan probably wins this.