Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The disappointing thing with such a long running story is that you have a character who shouldn't even be on the table, and then he's thrown under when someone has run out of other cards to play. I haven't really read Aaron since his first few arcs but Asgard hasn't sounded like Asgard in a long time.
    I think the MCU sinergy is partially to blame for the dumbing down of asgard.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I like his stuff with Knull.

if Thor's power level will be fixed then I don't care if he solos all Cosmic Entities
    Yeah that was ridicolous. As younger Readers like to bash Starlin for making Thanos a smart and invincible one titan army, at least he justifies Thanos defeating cosmic entities by having him amped by mystical macguffins like Infinity Gems and the Heart of the Universe.

Cates never explains how Old Thanos managed to be powerful enough to wreck all the celestials and Marvel's most powerful heroes.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Yeah that was ridicolous. As younger Readers like to bash Starlin for making Thanos a smart and invincible one titan army, at least he justifies Thanos defeating cosmic entities by having him amped by mystical macguffins like Infinity Gems and the Heart of the Universe.

Cates never explains how Old Thanos managed to be powerful enough to wreck all the celestials and Marvel's most powerful heroes.
    he beat LT and other entities but he needed Black Bolt to kill Celestials

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    he beat LT and other entities but he needed Black Bolt to kill Celestials
    That's almost as bad as Magik beating Dormammu.

I feel like the horrific mischaracterization of Odin (and Thor) is in part a money thing.

Parallel..

Read old fan mail in the back pages of Superman post crisis. When enough people complained about Supermans low level of power in the Byrne era, Supermans powers increased dramatically, circa Superman vol 2, issue 86.

Thor fans complain and were met with disdain, indifference, etc...

Thor isnt an X title, so what's the problem?

You get the feeling Aaron dislikes the fans(?), or the character(?), and writes accordingly.

I just want to see these characters written respectfully. That's all. Is that too much to ask?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Tbh I felt like Cates thanos read like a fan fic for this very reason

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I feel like the horrific mischaracterization of Odin (and Thor) is in part a money thing.

Parallel..

Read old fan mail in the back pages of Superman post crisis. When enough people complained about Supermans low level of power in the Byrne era, Supermans powers increased dramatically, circa Superman vol 2, issue 86.

Thor fans complain and were met with disdain, indifference, etc...

Thor isnt an X title, so what's the problem?

You get the feeling Aaron dislikes the fans(?), or the character(?), and writes accordingly.

I just want to see these characters written respectfully. That's all. Is that too much to ask?
    Editors and writers weren't that ego driven back in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post

That's such a nebulous concept, though.

And then...after all those amazing feats of power, Jason Aaron came, turning all those feats into jokes.

-He made the all father scared of mangog.

-He made the all father unable to lift mjolnir when many times in the past it was shown that Odin could do whatever he wanted with the hammer.

-He made the all father dependant on a stark armor to focus his power, even when before, in the brink of death, he never needed something like that.

-He made the All father's weapon, Mjolnir, sentient with the godstorm, making it the reason why he gave Thor the hammer...because the living hammer threw a tantrum.
    Odin had some good showings under Aaron too.

He seemed to hold his own against Galactus. And he along with the other 1 mill BC Avengers beat a Celestial ... yeah it was a group effort but I'm assuming that he did a good portion of the work.

So it sort of balaces out.

BANNED

It will be revealed that this Odin is actually a copy energized by the real Odin and and is winding down now that the real Odin is awakening from the Odin sleep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Odin had some good showings under Aaron too.

He seemed to hold his own against Galactus. And he along with the other 1 mill BC Avengers beat a Celestial ... yeah it was a group effort but I'm assuming that he did a good portion of the work.

So it sort of balaces out.
    Did Aaron write the battle with Galactus, I thought that was someone else ?

Alzhimer's? Seriously?

Sigh.

I liked the benevolent, if flawed, Odin who was worthy of the wisdom of the All-Father. Sadly, he befell the same fate that other, benevolent elders in comics like the Guardians of the Universe over in DC did.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    It will be revealed that this Odin is actually a copy energized by the real Odin and and is winding down now that the real Odin is awakening from the Odin sleep.
    Basically Odin's version of the Thanosi or Doombots. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Alzhimer's? Seriously?

Sigh.

I liked the benevolent, if flawed, Odin who was worthy of the wisdom of the All-Father. Sadly, he befell the same fate that other, benevolent elders in comics like the Guardians of the Universe over in DC did.
    The key difference is that Johns made Green Lantern awesome so that can be forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That's such a nebulous concept, though.
    In terms of...

?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.