Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ultimate Member

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    As others have said, Peter Hook is the god of basslines.

This is my favorite New Order song. Can't understand why it's not on their 'Best of...' album!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    This is my favorite New Order song. Can't understand why it's not on their 'Best of...' album!
    I think at the time they (or the record labels) were focusing on more recent material. But if you can find them, it's on the Singles collection from the mid-2000s and (I believe) a CD reissue of first LP Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    I think at the time they (or the record labels) were focusing on more recent material. But if you can find them, it's on the Singles collection from the mid-2000s and (I believe) a CD reissue of first LP Movement
    My ex had the soundtrack to Marie Antoinette, which is where I downloaded it from.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Have you heard the Radiohead cover of it? Instrumentally its great, maybe slightly heavier. Vocally you can tell that Thom Yorke is trying to sound like Ian Curtis for the first verse which just makes him sound odd but eventually slips into his own voice which improves it a lot.