Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I’m honoured someone was inspired by my thread in the marvel forum haha.

This is a bit of a hot take but although I could see namor being more interesting in a democratic society I actually think Aquaman is better with the monarchy.

- it keeps the lord of the rings/game of thrones type of feel
    - the king of the seas sounds better than the prime minister of the seas
    - Arthur is literally named after King Arthur.

But I like that we’re chatting about it
    Never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It feels like DC kind of ran out of stories.
    But seriously though, I don't mind if there's a motion among Atlantean, either the downtrodden or the manipulative, or the manipulative using the downtrodden, to push for Democracy. That'll be new.
    It would be interesting to see some ghenghis khan type threat from Atlantis. Some remorseless super soldier type who only believes in conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never forget:

"Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king."

- Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king."

- Tywin Lannister
    Coming from a bad guy, it's not as believable .

Coming from a bad guy, it's not as believable .
    Even villains make a good point every once in a while.

Even villains make a good point every once in a while.
    True, but in the context of what was going on during Thrones of Atlantis, Arthur needing shout to the invading Atlanteans "I am your king" to get them to stop seemed like the most reasonable methods.

If he was going around shouting "I am your king!" at the smallest provocation, I think the point would stand more.

True, but in the context of what was going on during Thrones of Atlantis, Arthur needing shout to the invading Atlanteans "I am your king" to get them to stop seemed like the most reasonable methods.

If he was going around shouting "I am your king!" at the smallest provocation, I think the point would stand more.
    Yeah but the fact he was even required to do this at all doesn't speak well of how much control he has over the Atlanteans.

Yeah but the fact he was even required to do this at all doesn't speak well of how much control he has over the Atlanteans.
    Considering after he did it they all submitted to him, I would say otherwise.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have wanted to see for a while Atlantis as sort of the hub of the undersea world with each city and race having ambassadors there. Dive deep into the DC history and make most of the old races cannon again. Have some mer-folk from Tritonis, some of the blue skinned people of Lemuira, the onyx-skinned people of Tlapallan, the green skinned barbarians from Maarzon, the seal-folk from Bitterland, representives from milataristic Hy-Brasil and the magic using Thierna Na Oge, and Noble's people the Lurkers. Really bring in all the different undersea races DC has had of the decades and use them.

Really play up the undersea politics between all these different groups and not just the tired old king gets deposed/king regains his throne/rinse and repeat over and over and over again.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have wanted to see for a while Atlantis as sort of the hub of the undersea world with each city and race having ambassadors there. Dive deep into the DC history and make most of the old races cannon again. Have some mer-folk from Tritonis, some of the blue skinned people of Lemuira, the onyx-skinned people of Tlapallan, the green skinned barbarians from Maarzon, the seal-folk from Bitterland, representives from milataristic Hy-Brasil and the magic using Thierna Na Oge, and Noble's people the Lurkers. Really bring in all the different undersea races DC has had of the decades and use them.

Really play up the undersea politics between all these different groups and not just the tired old king gets deposed/king regains his throne/rinse and repeat over and over and over again.
    Yeah this would be awesome. There's been plenty done over the years to create an expansive, thriving, varied set of civilizations within and around Atlantis.

Same, go all dungeons and dragons with it and have as many complicated races and monsters intermingling as possible.

I will say DC has been pretty good at this so far with the trench etc. geez I would love to write Aquaman one day