Thread: Batman Giant #1

Default Batman Giant #1

While I did enjoy the story, even though the art was inconsistent, it felt like it lacked the star power a first issue should have in those departments.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    While I did enjoy the story, even though the art was inconsistent, it felt like it lacked the star power a first issue should have in those departments.
    I agree. After a full year of Bendis, King, and Conner on the three big titles, this feels like a significant step down, especially since there hasn't been a sense that they'll be telling a significant overall story with these. The lack of information generally is frustrating.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree. After a full year of Bendis, King, and Conner on the three big titles, this feels like a significant step down, especially since there hasn't been a sense that they'll be telling a significant overall story with these. The lack of information generally is frustrating.
    I could be wrong, but isn't the Giant #1 literally just a reprint of the original Giant #1 released in Wall-Mart's last year? Because even in those, the first 2 issues just had filler original stories by smaller names. It wasn't until #3 that the King, Bendis, and Conner, etc. stories started. So I imagine we'll be seeing those soon too.

Incredible Member

...Huh, these stories appear to be completely new and different from the first Walmart Batman Giant. Weird.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I could be wrong, but isn't the Giant #1 literally just a reprint of the original Giant #1 released in Wall-Mart's last year? Because even in those, the first 2 issues just had filler original stories by smaller names. It wasn't until #3 that the King, Bendis, and Conner, etc. stories started. So I imagine we'll be seeing those soon too.
    No, they are not. The reprints of King, Bendis, and Conner (and Jurgens for Titans) are in floppy form - Up in the Sky, Universe, and Come Back to Me - in the DM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    ...Huh, these stories appear to be completely new and different from the first Walmart Batman Giant. Weird.
    yup. But sadly, none of them are really grabbing me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Oh really? That's really weird, they didn't mention anything about that in the solicits and such so I just assumed them to be just the originals. (As their way of letting people who can never get them, like me in Canada, to buy it)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    No, they are not. The reprints of King, Bendis, and Conner (and Jurgens for Titans) are in floppy form - Up in the Sky, Universe, and Come Back to Me - in the DM.
    Yeah, I know about all that, I just meant I assumed when they revealed they were releasing the Giant books in comic stores they were literally just gonna be the original Wal-Mart books, so the King, Bendis, and Conner stuff were gonna end up being reprinted again in those.

The first two stories are brand new, the rest are reprints. The second new one was by Ostrander and Mandrake I believe. The first one by Michael Gray and Ryan Benjamin. I have never heard of Mr Gray, Ryan Benjamins work was Lee or Danielsesque in some spots, some spots it was rushed and sloppy.

Maybe I missed it at the end of Tyions 'Tec run, Clayface doesn't seem to reminger his time with the team in 'Tec in this story.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-