Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, she had the empathy implant put in her head by Jean which gives her human feelings of empathy and compassion. I imagine if she does come back as a temporary ally something will happen that causes the empathy/compassion implant to stop working and she will turn on everyone.
    I hope we don't see her as an ally because I like evil Cassandra, but she would be a pretty powerful addition to Krakoa.

That may be true but her origin is a demonic entity that wants to help humans destroy all of mutant kind. She is an ally to the humans who want to destroy mutants.
    She dont care about Humans or Mutants, she care about want it is important to charles, so she strikes there. She dispose Donald Trask like nothing.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    After the aardvark?
    S’ym would like a quiet word with ya.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Writers aren't forgetting to include classic heroes into the mutant narrative, its a deliberate move bc traditional heroes need to not handle the mutant problematic well for the XMen to work. They just gotta take that L.
    Exactatiously.
    Also...
    At this point...especially with Krakoa...Mutants should be over all that ish.
    "So what if they never helped? So what if they don't help? We are quite capable of handling our shytt, thank you very much."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It finds rather ironic that people complain 'humans' didn't help mutants in the past.
    The truth is non-mutants don't help much non-mutants neither: do you see rallies against the wars that occur at this moment that are killing many civilians?
    And like I mentioned earlier with expanding on a potentially blossoming relationship from elements in earlier comics such as Secret Wars, they could have shaped Steve and the other Avengers relationship with the mutants more positively and productively after what James told Steve, who directly helped take down the Axis powers, and have potential character development there, but once again, many of the later writers evidently seemed to push aside seeds like that in favor of mutant setbacks such as Genosha and Decimation and bringing up dirty laundry by saying how the Avengers failed to help the mutants over and over again.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Sure (although I don't know if she ever allied with or cared for "humans" she just used what was there for her purposes which had more to do with Xavier than any "war" between species) but I am more interested in the broader discussion of what counts as a mutant now. Whether it was characters like Longshot, Warlock, Danger, etc., and now Sinister, plus all of the stuff he has been working on being brought to the main story. By most any of those examples, Cassandra would be argued to be a mutant, a being who was born/evolved differently then their species.
    She has almost always relied on the tools that humans provided to attack mutants. So it's not like she has to go out of her way to accumulate weapons she just needs to find the local base of the O.N.E. or project wideawake and take their Sentinels and other weapons. The weapons used to destroy Genosha were built by humans and were always intended for the purpose of exterminating the mutant race. I think the reason some of the racist groups hesitated to attack Genosha is probably because there were humans in that country too and because they would lose any and all credibility with world governments by committing a genocide that was not backed with government support.

If a genocide of 16 million people occurred in our modern world I think there would be massive protests, government sanctions, possibly even war against the perpetrators. But the humans of the 616 can't protest themselves, they know they built those Sentinels that attacked Genosha, they may not have intended to launch them right at that moment, but they intended to launch the attack eventually. It's not about defense because as many other posters have pointed out the humans never use the Sentinels against Alien Invasions, or Latveria, or Atlantis. They use them against mutants and only mutants. They are a genocidal weapon specifically designed to target and exterminate mutant resistance and they do not serve any other purpose.

Think about how much tax money goes into building a Sentinel, the cost must be phenomenal to build each one. The US government is diverting huge amounts of their military budget to building them. The congressional oversight committee is aware of the costs, the president is aware of the costs, the general public is aware that Sentinels are being built by their own government because they can see on TV that the US Military agencies are using Sentinels to attack mutants. This is just the United States, but in the 616 countries all over the world are buying Sentinels from the US Military Industrial Complex, just like they buy fighter jets and other weapons from the US in our world. Sentinels are being mass produced as a weapon to target and kill as many mutants as possible.

The people who work in the Sentinel manufacturing plants know exactly what they are building, they can see the finished product before they ship it out.

The transport companies know they are transporting Sentinels to armed forces agencies all over the world.

It's not even so much about villains either, they deploy Sentinels into the field without putting any restrictions on them. Even when the X-Men are trying to stop Magneto, the human controlled Sentinels target them too because they aren't programmed to even differentiate between an ally and an enemy. The humans that built the Sentinels and everyone who encourages them to be built and sold know that Sentinels only server one single person the complete extermination of the mutant race.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    Also...
    At this point...especially with Krakoa...Mutants should be over all that ish.
    "So what if they never helped? So what if they don't help? We are quite capable of handling our shytt, thank you very much."
    Except that got ppl all hot and bothered too. Like plz stfu Susan.

If a genocide of 16 million people occurred in our modern world I think there would be massive protests, government sanctions, possibly even war against the perpetrators. But the humans of the 616 can't protest themselves, they know they built those Sentinels that attacked Genosha, they may not have intended to launch them right at that moment, but they intended to launch the attack eventually. It's not about defense because as many other posters have pointed out the humans never use the Sentinels against Alien Invasions, or Latveria, or Atlantis. They use them against mutants and only mutants. They are a genocidal weapon specifically designed to target and exterminate mutant resistance and they do not serve any other purpose.
    When usa go to vietnam people protested, why it will be different in 616??; especially with an unauthorized attack? Maybe because humans in 616 live in a world where each superhero has his own ecosystem, and probably many writers didnt want their stories getting dragged by genosha.

16 million of people wipeout in a single day and no protest is ilogical, people would think "maybe the next time it will be me" with a coherent writing of course it would be massive protests. That act is beyond Mutant hate, it would provoke self preservation even in the human population.

Also the attack was not oficially programed as far as i remember, Nova orchestate the whole thing with Trask.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-11-2019 at 01:02 PM.

You know, I just noticed that Jean is referred to as Jean Grey here. But wasn’t she Marvel Girl in House of X?

Tony Stark is the best hero, this I know

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    In a recent X-Force interview they seemed to acknowledge XRed something tells me when Cassandra shows up again she might be allied with the X-Men.
    It would be hilariously ironic if when she came back, she was advocating for mutant/human unity in the time that Xavier is advocating for division

Well, this issue cemented for me to not get any of the Age of Moira books. It's just another AU. They can say "It's 616" all they want.

I swear the only thing worse than this awful status quo are the people blindly defending it so that mutants get a "win". But I guess I'm a nazi for thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Moira has seen mutants lose over and over again, and the one constant has always been the role played by the killing machines. Sentinels and Nimrods, either exterminating mutantkind themselves or holding the line until post-humanity can make themselves replacement-proof.

So why not try the one thing she's never tried before? United mutantkind + evolved machines? Use the advanced knowledge she's gained through her multiple lifetimes to mess with the base programming of the Sentinels at source and introduce code that would eventually evolve them into allies of mutantkind without the humans noticing? 'Something' happened to the programming of the original 616 Nimrod to turn him against mutant genocide, didn't it? And the timeline he came from was an extension of the normal 616. Something similar happened to the wild-sentinel that attacked Genosha. Danger herself is a walking, talking test-case for a hyper-evolved artificial intelligence choosing to side with her fellow mutants. If that's Moira's plan it would certainly explain why she's so adamant about her no pre-cogs rule. A future where mutants and machines together exterminate superhumanity would be... problematic for a lot of the X-Men, to say the least.
    This is very interesting to me. Thank you friend.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Tony Stark is the best hero, this I know
    Riri is a better Ironman.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Riri is a better Ironman.
    Imsleep

9393BCD0-7FF8-4F08-B494-BCCA9A92D9A3.jpg