Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He said there were 92 mutants on Krakoa and 91 were villians or some such thing.

At the end of the day based on how the story is presented i can't say individual humans are wrong. Humans do not have the powers of their evolutionary better mutants, the only thing they can rely on at this point to keep going forward is technology. Technology is what will set humans apart from mutants and allow them to forge their own path the same as being able to stand on two feet and think was able to make man move from ape. At the end of the day from a mutant perspective it can be seen as a mutant hanging with a human is the same as a man hanging out with apes. Now i'm not saying thats right but i am not saying it's wrong. The leap is that big when you think animal vs. man and man vs. mutant in terms of what that change does. And if mutants are evolving to respond to the enviorment the only way humans can really survive the change will be to rely on mutant protection or become their own gods and decide for themselves.

So in a sense is a wrong for a young person to tell an older person to go sit in a corner his work is done, even if the young person is right.

At the end of the day despite whatever side your on the end of humanity means the end humans. And mutants are clearly being presented in this story as the next natural step in human kind.
    I wonder who isn't the villain, maybe Kurt or Jean.

This is a risk move, oh look the people who were the underdogs and discrimnated against, now they have power and present theirselves as arrogants and superiors to simple humans.
    Like the opressed become the opressors

Not sure if I like it

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Honestly, Scott's dialogue seems very much in line with his X-visor (Marvel Now) phase. The popular view was that he was a villain/anti-hero then. Now it's viewed as heroic? What changed? I think that's what is odd. The rhetoric is similar, but these are our heroes? In all honesty I can understand the opposing view towards the X-men being "odd" in some way.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Im sorry but that dialogue is really cringey. That doesn’t sound like Storm at all and even Cyclops sounds weird.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    FF, East of West, New Avengers, and HoX/PoX beg to differ. The dialogue is fine if it comes off as more militant than that's the point.
    Didn’t love any of the above. Lots of cool big ideas but wooden robotic dialog and lots of exposition. These pages are more of the same. “Its part of my charm.” Could be the new “Same thing that happens to everything else.”

Corsair is on the team, so hopefully they will call him “flatscan” and laugh at his silly human headband.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Im sorry but that dialogue is really cringey. That doesn’t sound like Storm at all and even Cyclops sounds weird.
    Some people are saying that it is placeholder dialogue, they did the same with POX #1 and Strikeforce

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Some people are saying that it is placeholder dialogue, they did the same with POX #1 and Strikeforce
    The placeholder dialogues for those were shown weeks before the issue was out, on some kind of promotional stuff. On the direct preview from the week before the issues came out(like this one), it already had the real ones.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Scott calling Xavier and Magneto "sir" doesn't sound good to me.
    That's weird. Are you new?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The placeholder dialogues for those were shown weeks before the issue was out, on some kind of promotional stuff. On the direct preview from the week before the issues came out(like this one), it already had the real ones.
    So the dialog is really awful

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Corsair is on the team, so hopefully they will call him “flatscan” and laugh at his silly human headband.
    It's a wonder they didn't do it sooner.

I thought it was good mission dialogue tbh. Storm was fairly theatrical and Cyclops had a good line about his charm haha. H8ers are Hickman's motiv8ers

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think people really need to let this go Xavier simply outranks Cyclops so calling him "sir" is appropriate there's no regression there. Cyclops and Xavier have simply worked out their differences and there's no animosity there anymore.
    To me, its a basic sign of respect. I call people who report to me sir. It's just formal acknowledgement.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

I call my boyfriend "sir" when I'm not calling him "daddy."

So I guess it makes sense for Scott here.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Post scans of Storm's hype woman speech during the naked clone re-introduction and 'One Of Us' indoctrination ceremony held after the suicide attack on the solar station.
    Aside from the nudity, it's not any different from a Marvel Studios Hall H presentation. An 8,000 man deranged cult screaming at the various actors brought on stage by High Priest Feige.

Astonishing Member

X-Men are no more. The Cyclops and Storm that appear in this preview are not the characters we know. All mutants have now turned into monsters.