Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Yes, they were made as an anti mutant counter measure, but again, tool, mech; how you use it.

Interment camp? Really? So what was the punishment for those interned for routinely breaking out again? Solitaire? The Box? Execution? I think someone in authority wagged a finger at them once; I mean it's not like there was a negative zone prison active around this same time for comparison.

Also, to repeat, rescued students from limbo.

It's unfortunate we don't have a previously on/framing device/ internal ONE Memorandum for their underlining operational goals... oh, wait!

Attachment 88172
    Also used their technology to spy on and fetishize female mutants in the showers.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont think that makes much sense more likely Hickman is course coreecting with her after the 3 months long tantrum her fans have been throwing. I bet she'll change costume soon.
    And I don't think him course correcting himself makes much sense as this is what he has stated from the beginning: Every mutant has two names, their given name and their mutant name. They use their mutant name when out in the field.

Also it's not a tantrum if you're wondering why a drastic change occurs. it's like Cyclops calling everyone "sir" now. WTF, how and why did that occur.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Valid criticism = tantrum
    I agree with you there, unfortunately. Different opinions should be welcomed and encouraged. I think different interpretations of Hickman's work should provoke discussion. From my point of view, the X-men are working in a morally grey area now. The fact that the X-men have adapted a survival technique similar to that of the machines they fight, really says something.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Also it's not a tantrum if you're wondering why a drastic change occurs. it's like Cyclops calling everyone "sir" now. WTF, how and why did that occur.
    From Scott's view, in my opinion, Charles and Erik have just created a haven for mutants that has been officially recognized by most of the world. "Sir" is his way of showing respect and appreciation. I'm cool with it but again, differing opinions and that's cool.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Then there was profoundly inconsistent writing between series.
    198 was the series where ONE first showed up on Xaviers doorstep and where the camp and sentinels were introduced. That was the main plot.
    CWXM was the story where the XMen finally got rid of the camp as every mutant was allowed to go their way. Again that was the main plot.
    Both were written by David Hine. basically the one in charge of the 198 camp plotline while it appeared in the background of every other series. He had several characters call the ONE nazis, drew multiple comparisons to concentration camps and showed that they were corrupt and racist. There's no ambiguity or inconsistency at any level, you should go back and read these stories again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From Scott's view, in my opinion, Charles and Erik have just created a haven for mutants that has been officially recognized by most of the world. "Sir" is his way of showing respect and appreciation. I'm cool with it but again, differing opinions and that's cool.
    You would think that Scott, as the last person to try the whole isolated home for mutants away from humans thing, would be more skeptical. Also weird since the last time Scott ever saw Charles, he sort of murdered him while high as balls on Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    POLARIS AND DR REYES!!!! finally!!
    Word! I'm so stoked to see some of these characters interact that either never have before, or haven't in a very long time. Seeing Scott and Ororo working together made my heart sing.

It's a bummer some people don't like the new direction but I'm enjoying reading other people enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You would think that Scott, as the last person to try the whole isolated home for mutants away from humans thing, would be more skeptical. Also weird since the last time Scott ever saw Charles, he sort of murdered him while high as balls on Phoenix.
    Maybe being officially recognized is giving him hope? Something's gonna come crashing down on their heads at some point though because, X-Men.

I thought about that too but as someone mentioned on one of the other threads, with Charles knowing what Moira has shown him, maybe he knew his death had to happen. It eventually led to him living inside a new sexy body and ain't nothing wrong with that! He seems quite happy prancing back and forth with his newfound thickness. And wasn't it said Charles rebooted his own mind or something like that, twice maybe?
    Last edited by JB; 10-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What a time to be alive.
    Yeah, except there are hardly any forums left. I haven't seen the CBR level of discussion anywhere except maybe Reddit. This is discussion. Twitter is more like statements followed by personal attacks. We used to have Rec Arts Comics, and Newsarama, Marvel, even Bleeding Cool had message boards. There used to be ComiXfan and the Bendis Board. Even Mark Millar recently shut down his forum. X-Universe is a viable, cool forum but there isn't the same level of discussion as here. Maybe a half dozen or so comments per topic, on average. "The Danger Room" (which I like) has about page or two of discussion per Hickman book. IGN X-Men is moribund. This is the last of the big comics discussion boards, right here.

198 was the series where ONE first showed up on Xaviers doorstep and where the camp and sentinels were introduced. That was the main plot.
    CWXM was the story where the XMen finally got rid of the camp as every mutant was allowed to go their way. Again that was the main plot.
    Both were written by David Hine. basically the one in charge of the 198 camp plotline while it appeared in the background of every other series. He had several characters call the ONE nazis, drew multiple comparisons to concentration camps and showed that they were corrupt and racist. There's no ambiguity or inconsistency at any level, you should go back and read these stories again.
    The page I referenced was from New X-Men.

ONE in that one, were an organization doing it's best effort (and admittedly failing), at maintaining the safety and security of the student body.

So again, inconsistency between series.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe being officially recognized is giving him hope? Something's gonna come crashing down on their heads at some point though because, X-Men.

I thought about that too but as someone mentioned on one of the other threads, with Charles knowing what Moira has shown him, maybe he knew his death had to happen. It eventually led to him living inside a new sexy body and ain't nothing wrong with that! And wasn't it said Charles rebooted his own mind or something like that, twice maybe?
    It's kind of a strange dichotomy when you look at everything the mutants have endured since Genosha and the constant threat of extinction they have faced. It makes a lot of sense for everyone to be so keen on the new nation and finally feeling even a tiny bit safe at last. I imagine this is how some of the Jewish people felt when forming Israel after the war, after all the hardship and pain and lost family members perhaps this will work, perhaps the new nation of Israel will stand and we can be safe even for a little while. I can't imagine that forming Israel was easy by any means and they had assistance from several governments of the world. Even though Krakoa has recognition as a nation they are still building their country on their own with little assistance from other governments.

I said this before elsewhere, but with the immense costs of prison systems I bet a lot of countries are relieved about the Amnesty agreement for past crimes. It's expensive to imprison mutants and they have a high rate of escape compared to normal prisoners. Since Krakoa is offering to take these people we can offload responsibility and costs to the Krakoan government and take them up on the Amnesty agreement. We can deport the criminals to Krakoa and go a step further and revoke their citizenship in their original countries so they can't come back. Also, since Krakoa said they are taking mutants, we can round up any mutants we want now and just deport them to Krakoa so we don't even have a mutant problem for the foreseeable future. Some human governments are going to see this whole situation as a win because now the mutants are pretty much out of their country.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    This is the last of the big comics discussion boards, right here.
    I've lived 9 lives and in all of them, forums are exterminated. This is our last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's kind of a strange dichotomy when you look at everything the mutants have endured since Genosha and the constant threat of extinction they have faced. It makes a lot of sense for everyone to be so keen on the new nation and finally feeling even a tiny bit safe at last. I imagine this is how some of the Jewish people felt when forming Israel after the war, after all the hardship and pain and lost family members perhaps this will work, perhaps the new nation of Israel will stand and we can be safe even for a little while. I can't imagine that forming Israel was easy by any means and they had assistance from several governments of the world. Even though Krakoa has recognition as a nation they are still building their country on their own with little assistance from other governments.

I said this before elsewhere, but with the immense costs of prison systems I bet a lot of countries are relieved about the Amnesty agreement for past crimes. It's expensive to imprison mutants and they have a high rate of escape compared to normal prisoners. Since Krakoa is offering to take these people we can offload responsibility and costs to the Krakoan government and take them up on the Amnesty agreement. We can deport the criminals to Krakoa and go a step further and revoke their citizenship in their original countries so they can't come back. Also, since Krakoa said they are taking mutants, we can round up any mutants we want now and just deport them to Krakoa so we don't even have a mutant problem for the foreseeable future. Some human governments are going to see this whole situation as a win because now the mutants are pretty much out of their country.
    Agreed and agreed.

What does that have to do with the Avengers not showing up for disaster relief?
    And you-all conveniently forget that Magneto ordered the Avengers off of Genosha, and told them if they ever showed up again, he'd consider it an act of war. He said he'd protect his people. Remember MAGNETO REX? The Avengers saved the entire population of Carrion Cove when Magneto pulled the city off of a cliff. Cassandra Nova was not a human, that's the point here--she was a mummudrai using Xavier's cells to create a body. Not only that, the entire massacre happened over the course of a few minutes--the only "hero" who was actually watching and plugged in and monitoring the genocide was Charles Xavier. Did he send any X-Men to save the mutants on Genosha? Don't tell me, he didn't have time? It happened so fast, so he just sat there moaning about all the death so he just didn't have time? Accusations regarding the Genoshan genocide are particularly unfair.

Xavier's speech in House of X isn't accurate, it's as biased as Xavier claims the heroes are toward mutants. It's a revolutionary speech, meant for mutants more than trying to change any non-mutant hero minds.

BANNED

edit: ughh double post
    Last edited by tuck frump; 10-11-2019 at 02:47 PM.