Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We should have a three helmet cerebro and call it cerebus
    That’s, awful. Well done.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

POLARIS AND DR REYES!!!! finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly, Marvel must be loving this. All the discussions going on in forums, twitter, and all over the Internet, the X-books are big news now and they are getting massive free press all over social media.

Hickman has certainly succeeded in revitalizing the X-line because now people are seriously talking about it, he is getting top sales for his first 12 books, well reviewed across the board, people are buying 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th printings. Artists are drawing amazing variant covers that get a lot of attention from the fans because of the excellent art.

As a writer I imagine Jonathan Hickman must be pretty happy with how well this is going, the X-Men have taken over the top and are rivalling Batman for dominance again, suddenly the top 10 isn't all Batbooks, and Marvel is actually starting to dominate the top 10 and the top 20.
    What a time to be alive.

Talking

Can I just have Magik be Sorceress Supreme of Earth. I just want that to be canon and not a What If? comic! I want more time with Stephen trying to get Illyana to do things the way he wants and Illyana driving him nuts and falling asleep during meditation sessions.
    The X-Men sometimes need time outside the X-Men groups, Illyana magic stuff could place her in tutelage with Strange.

I really want to see this bad futures revisited sometimes, the Annhilation wave left Earth void of life in the timeline where they won, the Badoon invasion was acknowledge by multiple versions of Kang and it was presented as a huge posible bad future in the Guardians of the Galaxy series that leads to Thanos Imperative and the cancerverse (i always love that corrupted version of Captain Marvel)

X-Men advantage is that they take from everything, they can go sci-fi with the Fantastic Four, magic stuff, street crime, spies and crime syndicates or the classic "Lets reunite Earth strongest heroes because That Guy is coming to us and its stronger than before"

And of course, their classic "Notice me humanity-senpai"
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-11-2019 at 11:22 AM.

haha, I like the fact that there are actually 3 end time predictions in the comics all at the same time
    1. The universe ends with Galactus and Franklin together as Galactus fades out Franklin becomes the Galactus of the new universe
    2. The Immortal Hulk kills Franklin and Galactus and becomes the new Galactus of the new universe.
    3. The entire Earth is wiped out in the war between the mutants and the human/machine alliance. Eventually the homo novissima replaces all of humanity and is absorbed/assimilated by the Phalanx and all of humanity ends as it becomes part of one of the local Dominions.

Haha, pick your end of the world/universe scenario!
    3 doesn't preclude 1 or 2

Franklin, Galactus and Hulk will survive long after the destruction of the Earth and humanity

Funny how, in that roster graphic, some are face forward, some are profiled, some are extreme close up and then Wolverine is making sure if he shut the door or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    3 doesn't preclude 1 or 2

Franklin, Galactus and Hulk will survive long after the destruction of the Earth and humanity
    lol, I think they would step in to stop Homo novissima so I assumed that Franklin and Hulk were killed by the human/machine ascendancy because Homo novissima would see them both as a threat to their eventual dominance and rise to join the Phalanx and a Dominion.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Funny how, in that roster graphic, some are face forward, some are profiled, some are extreme close up and then Wolverine is making sure if he shut the door or not?
    They are taken from the interior art. Storm and Cyclops are both taken from their first appearance in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Marvel Universe is a big place that is constantly about to die where we only see snapshots of every character's life in an increasingly compressed timeline. People are very busy! Except Quicksilver. I bet he doesn't do anything important off-panel. Jerk.
    Mags: Where were you spiderman, evil homo-novissima, when the centinels attack???!!! WHERE!!!

Spider: Trying to recover my body, not dying against Carnage...

Everytime something happen to some hero, it is impossible to coordinate all authors to follow one narrative, each character is their own microverse. The X-office has become a little...Obnoxious with this thing of not helping mutants.

With the exception of direct confrontation like Avengers Vs X-Men, there should be not bad blood between both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They are taken from the interior art. Storm and Cyclops are both taken from their first appearance in the book.
    Yes of course but its still funny that they chose THAT specific image of Wolverine. Was that the ONLY appearance he has? lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    the problem isn’t that they’re actually going out and actively crapping in the X-Men. but they are complicit in how mutants are treated because nothing ever gets done about it. and people on here can say it’s because stories can’t overlap or whatever about different properties but that’s just the consequence of a shared universe. especially when, instead of retconning that the Avengers DO help mutants, Marvel itself doubles down on the assumptions that other heroes barely help the X-Men with their cause which led to Children’s Crusade, AvX, Uncanny Avengers, A+X, the Rosencanny confrontations etc etc.
    I dont even get how saying the MU heroes have let mutantkind down is a controversial or debatable statement when it gets spelled out in universe every now and then and was never contested.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/27...5c2b4d320a.jpg
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/84140735...5qqo4_1280.jpg
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/3yqp_1aljl...1I5r1DSA=s1600

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont even get how saying the MU heroes have let mutantkind down is a controversial or debatable statement when it gets spelled out in universe every now and then and was never contested.

The editors also have to bare their responsibility. Just because there is a policy doesn't mean a writer or editor shouldn't think to address something in their comic just to create the visual or idea of something. In my opinion the INhuman relaunch would have went along way better if one or two panels or lines were devoted to saying the INhumans were doing something else to fight the cloud. Thor and the Avengers wouldn't look so bad if the editors or writers thought to have one panel or line where Tony goes "Is there anything we can do about the genocide." on a communication channel. Cyclops:"Let us grieve." Sometimes it's really the smallest things a writer or editor can do to change the whole topic. The X-writers know how to do it to their benefit.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

They conveniently leave out the fact that the person responsible for Genosha, Cassandra Nova, was a mutant.

Many memorable Storm lines here.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Goddess I love Emma Frost not taking crap from Avengers!

I know this would probably be a bit depressing but I would love if they did an issue showing Emma remembering her last day in Genosha and how that has impacted her over the years. I think in the hands of the right writer it could be just as compelling as showing Magneto in Auschwitz. They could even talk about how Emma wonders if she is becoming an alcoholic when she drinks too much trying not to remember the horrors of the Massachusetts Academy attack, Genosha, Decimation, the Purifier attack on the Busses, the Terrigen cloud killing everyone on Muir Island.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”