Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Cyclops could decide to be a farmer and raise a family on Krakoa.
    And what is Cyclops going to farm? Girlfriends?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So small reminder that some of these ideas are borrowed a little. Hickman might have pulled a little from the Matrix

The Zion council has 12 members, Also Captain Commander, and Captains. Cyclops calling Magneto or Xavier sir isn't that weird when you understand that basically he has the Commander Lock role from the Matrix. Of course, it is purely coincidental that a small group of people are trying to survive being killed by robotic sentinels.
    I already appreciate HiX-Man's X-lore a thousand times more than I ever did the Matrix.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Krakoa is less and more Militant Utopia. Utopia pretty much everyone was a suppose to be a fighter , Krakoa, on the other hand, has people handle the protection so that most mutants can live in peace. Krakoa itself isn't really dark it is militaristic to protect its innocents. The things people do protect Krakoa, on the other hand, might be dark. The difference between Krakoa and Utopia is tomorrow Cyclops could decide to be a farmer and raise a family on Krakoa.
    I think Krakoa is more organized. In some ways the government is consolidated with Charles and Erik. But at the same time they are delegating things out.
    Emma - minister of International Affairs and Trade
    Jean - minister of military and intelligence??
    Storm - minister of Diplomatic Relations??

I think we'll find out that different council members have specializations. We know Emma is Secretary of State and Minister of Trade and Economy. But I am sure everyone has a purpose on the council. Jean is working for intelligence division so I think she may be the Minister of Defense. Kurt may be the Minister of Social Affairs or Internal Infrastructure.

I bet we find out gradually that everyone has an assigned responsibility on the council that they are responsible on reporting on.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I mean, it's kind of disgusting seeing people make villains of the x-men for trying to idk...survive and save their brothers and sisters.

The dialogue stands and it is just. *hmph*
    I'm over the pro-human folk tbvh!
    I think it is possible for Orchis be bad and the x-men too. People already said that Mr Sinister was a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think it is possible for Orchis be bad and the x-men too. People already said that Mr Sinister was a nazi.
    Technically Mr Sinister, Mystique, and Exodus are on the council so that the council can keep tabs on them and their agendas. It's not like they are trusted members of the government, everyone is suspicious of them.

As for Apocalypse, well obviously Erik and Charles know that Moira wanted him on board because she is hoping that if the three of them are united in cause that the mutants have a higher probability of surviving the genocide that the humans are going to try and inflict on them.

I think the council is well balanced and most people in the world won't know who the members of the council are. People like Jean, Storm, and Emma will be the ones sent out to act as the diplomatic faces of Krakoa.

So far Krakoa has been engaged in peaceful negotiations with world governments. For the first time in forever the mutants have the ability to negotiate for peace from a position of strength. They are coming onto the world stage as a nation equal with other nations.

Niffleheim

Deleted!! Wrong thread
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-10-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I don't mind the dialogue. If anything, Scott and Ororo are the two people best fit for this type of "exposition speak."

And also, isn't this the exact type of dialogue that fans wanted because this is how Clairemont wrote? If you look back at his work from the '70s and '80s, it took an hour just to read one issue.

It may not be exactly relatable and realistic, but it's the type of intellectual dialogue fans wanted. I mean, I'm hoping it's better than Bendis-speak.

But then again, I'm also a highly optimistic and find joy in many things. So it may just be me.
    Like, don't Storm and Cyclops usually speak like this? Probably not always but these two aren't the type of characters to poke fun or emote much during missions.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I have no issues with what the X-Men are doing. I have extreme issues with the attitudes being expressed while those actions are being taken.
    This is what could probably resume what many people feel about the issue.

Killing is not really the problem, X-Men are not "fighing back" for the first time, after all im pretty sure that X-Force is still canon, Scott has been giving orders for murdering people for years, but they were part of extremist gropus. Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Bastion ect...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Technically Mr Sinister, Mystique, and Exodus are on the council so that the council can keep tabs on them and their agendas. It's not like they are trusted members of the government, everyone is suspicious of them.

As for Apocalypse, well obviously Erik and Charles know that Moira wanted him on board because she is hoping that if the three of them are united in cause that the mutants have a higher probability of surviving the genocide that the humans are going to try and inflict on them.

I think the council is well balanced and most people in the world won't know who the members of the council are. People like Jean, Storm, and Emma will be the ones sent out to act as the diplomatic faces of Krakoa.

So far Krakoa has been engaged in peaceful negotiations with world governments. For the first time in forever the mutants have the ability to negotiate for peace from a position of strength. They are coming onto the world stage as a nation equal with other nations.
    I'm pretty sure other nations know that all villains are living on Krakoa

Keeping tabs on them on council meeting won't work, Mystique is about to do something if they don't bring Destiny.
    these aren't people they can control.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    This is what could probably resume what many people feel about the issue.

Killing is not really the problem, X-Men are not "fighing back" for the first time, after all im pretty sure that X-Force is still canon, Scott has been giving orders for murdering people for years, but they were part of extremist gropus. Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Bastion ect...
    X-men were on the brink of extinction at the time
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-10-2019 at 05:42 PM.

I'm pretty sure other nations know that all villains are living on Krakoa

Keeping tabs on them on council meeting won't work, Mystique is about to do something if they don't bring Destiny.
    these aren't people they can control.
    I know there are problems to come, it wouldn't be a comic book without some drama and conflict. I am just saying that a lot of world governments are probably relieved to get rid of the mutant criminals and not having to pay to keep them imprisoned in their countries anymore.

Now if a mutant breaks the law governments of the world actually have an option of extraditing the mutant to Krakoa!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I know there are problems to come, it wouldn't be a comic book without some drama and conflict. I am just saying that a lot of world governments are probably relieved to get rid of the mutant criminals and not having to pay to keep them imprisoned in their countries anymore.

Now if a mutant breaks the law governments of the world actually have an option of extraditing the mutant to Krakoa!
    sure all mutants criminals on the same place, what can go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I mean, it's kind of disgusting seeing people make villains of the x-men for trying to idk...survive and save their brothers and sisters.

The dialogue stands and it is just. *hmph*
    I'm over the pro-human folk tbvh!
    It seems the people that disliked HOX/POX also dislike this preview. Shocking.
    When someone dislikes something for a while, they usually just end up looking for more things to dislike. To each their own I guess.

I've been one of the many calling for NEW. We're getting NEW and I'm loving it. Ready to watch it unfold.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

sure all mutants criminals on the same place, what can go wrong?
    Maybe desire human slavery like how Magneto did in X-Men #4.

I liked the preview pages a lot and I'm confused as to why some people think their voices are off? Scott is a confident leader and Storm appears strong. It is hard to tell a lot from just a few pages, but so far it does look interesting. We already see the mission underway and are told this is the last Orchis stronghold. So I wonder if the issue quickly wraps up the Orchis fight and moves on to what the next issue will cover (the Summers family on a specific mission).

It will be great seeing more of Polaris and I hope Hickman does her well. The last time we saw Polaris she was used by Hickman to explain to us the reader the resurrection process.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked the preview pages a lot and I'm confused as to why some people think their voices are off? Scott is a confident leader and Storm appears strong. It is hard to tell a lot from just a few pages, but so far it does look interesting. We already see the mission underway and are told this is the last Orchis stronghold. So I wonder if the issue quickly wraps up the Orchis fight and moves on to what the next issue will cover (the Summers family on a specific mission).

It will be great seeing more of Polaris and I hope Hickman does her well. The last time we saw Polaris she was used by Hickman to explain to us the reader the resurrection process.
    Yeah, I can't wait to see Lorna and Erik working as a team. I think we'll see a fun battle after they tear the building open.